• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Rank the 3D Zeldas from Hardest to Easiest

Out of the 5 3D home console zelda games, what would be your ranking from hardest to easiest?
Here's mine:

Hardest
1 - Majora's Mask
2 - Skyward Sword
3 - Twilight Princess
4 - Ocarina Of Time
5 - The Windwaker
Easiest

D

Deleted member 14134

Easiest:
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
TP
OoT
MM
Less Easy

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Easiest

Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask

Hardest

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Easiest
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Hardest

I use the term "hardest" lightly, because MM is the only one that provides even a remote amount of difficulty.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hardest
Majora's Mask*
Ocarina of Time
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker

Twilight Princess
Easiest

*Haven't completed MM yet but 2 dungeons in it's easily the hardest I've played. Ocarina of Time would be next but it's not too hard, Skyward Sword is refreshingly challenging in an easy going way... it makes me work but doesn't make me sweat at all. Wind Waker I could play with my eyes closed.
Twilight Princess I could attach my wii mote to... meh I won't go there, but yeah TP is just... way to easy. It's like........ cutting through melted butter with a searing hot knife easy. I'm surprised it's so high on so many of these lists cause it bleh... yeah.

MW7

Hardest to easiest:

1. Majora's Mask- This is the only 3d Zelda game in which I've died in normal gameplay because the Iron Knuckles seem much faster in this game than in Ocarina of Time (Skyward Sword boss rush on Hero Mode killed me as well). This is also the only 3d Zelda in which I still can get lost or at least a little unsure of where to go next which is saying something considering I've played through it at least 15 times. The last 3 dungeons are all large and open ended enough to cause me to have to think about what to do. Finding all the stray fairies is really challenging the first time through the game as well.

2. Skyward Sword- This is my second pick because combat is much more challenging in this game than in most of the other 3d Zelda games. This is the only game where I felt like combat requires some level of skill. The puzzles aren't any harder than in other 3d Zelda games, but they are creative and fun.

3. Ocarina of Time- There were a handful of enemies that could actually dish out significant damage such as Iron Knuckles and Stalfos as well as bosses, but it wasn't too hard to avoid getting hit. The puzzles in this game were fun but not too challenging.

4. Twilight Princess- Combat was similar to Ocarina of Time except I don't recall enemies that could do much damage at once, and the hidden skills made things pretty simple. The puzzles were about on the same level as the other 3d games.

5. Wind Waker- Because of the parry it was difficult to take damage in a one-on-one fight. Factoring in the effectiveness of the boomerang to stun and the grappling hook to take hearts, I'm surprised Nintendo didn't change something in order to make the game a little harder. The puzzles were average as well.

To summarize: Majora's Mask is the only one I can label as mentally challenging, and it and Skyward Sword are more difficult in terms of combat. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are very similar in terms of difficulty but Twilight Princess is slightly easier. Wind Waker is on a whole other level of easy.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hardest:

- Majora's Mask
- Ocarina of Time
- Skyward Sword
- Twilight Princess
- The Wind Waker

Out of these, Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword are the only ones that really gave me much challenge. The reason SS is below OoT is because of the fact that you begin with twice as many hearts, and finding hearts is so much easier. Even though I got hit more in the former, I died more in the latter. OoT's puzzles are alo generally more challenging. Twilight Princess, in terms of overall difficulty, is on par with OoT for me. However, since there isn't really a single enemy attack that does a lot of damage, it makes 3-Hearts runs more of a chore than a challenge. For this reason, it is ranked lower than OoT. It and SS could be interchanged, but the combat in SS forces me to be unable to place it any lower than third. The Wind Waker is the easiest overall; easy puzzles, easy enemies, etc. The boomerang is really OP in this game, especially considering how easy enemies are to beat under normal conditions, that I actually find it kind of cheap. No matter how much a target is moving, the boomerang will always hit it, meaning you're never actually in danger of getting hit unless you're fighting armoured enemies and/or bosses.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
All of these games could be beaten by small children. None of them are hard. But in terms of easiness...

1) Wind Waker: Fairies and Grandmas soup are ridiculously OP and the parry move is near unbeatable. The reason this beats Majora's Mask is because of how simple the enemies are...they hurt each other and they drop their weapons after one parry attack, leaving them completely defenseless.

2) Majora's Mask: Close 2nd. It has SIX bottle of fairies that fully heal you, an OP sword that's easy to obtain, and several OP masks like the stone mask. Link is practically a God in this game.

3) Ocarina of Time: Mainly because of how OP fairies are. In all three of these games they are also very easy to obtain. The biggoron's sword should also be considered...

4) Twilight Princess: Still easy, except now fairies have been significantly weakened and are harder to find.

5) Skyward Sword: It was a close to getting 4th considering how much easier it is to get bottles, but I bumped TP up to 4th because of hidden skills.

Are you referring to simply completing the games or 100%ing them? For simple completion's sake, I'd rank The Wind Walker as the easiest, but it's by far the hardest to 100% with the figurine quest.

My ranking is based on simply completing the games from hardest to easiest:

Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom