• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Random Encounters with Wild Pokemon: Keep Them or Remove Them?

Random encounters with wild Pokemon: Keep them or remove them?

• They should stay, there's nothing really wrong with them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should stay, but with the option to turn them off

• They should be replaced with a different system entirely

• Total voters

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
This choice of turning off random encounters seems like a good idea, it would be a great option to add to the games so when your in a hurry to get somewhere you wont be bothered by battling every 10 steps or allow you to turn them back on when your grinding but really after the first gym idk why anyone would grind on randoms. There should though be areas where randoms cant be avoided just to allow some areas to be harder.

I have a system i was gonna post but cant seem to get it into texts haha kind of a combo between mystery dungeon and the main games

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Isnt that what makes Pokemon Pokemon? The immense frustation of walking through grass until you find another jem for your collection,the only opposition i have is caves, those can get extremely annoying...

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
I have to say that there should be an option that allows you to turn it off. For one thing, I've liked how you can encounter Pokemon at random, but it can get annoying if you're trying to just run through the area of tall grass. As of that, it'd be an interesting benefit if one could just disable that option. Yet, there are always the Repels, even if they do wear off after a while.

I mean, one advantage to having the wild Pokemon encounters is for level grinding, though it may not be as fun as it should seem. I do level grind all the time, which is how I get stronger throughout the course of the game. Though, in Black/White and Black 2/White 2, I train on wild Audino, and sometimes, I run into a normal wild Pokemon before I can reach the rustling grass. If there would be some kind of option to allow rustling grass, but not wild Pokemon encounters like that, that would be awesome, however it would require a lot of programming for that to work.

It's not that I see something wrong with wild Pokemon encounters, but I find them annoying in some cases...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom