• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Races Change Over Time

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
So, this started out going to be striclty about how Zoras have changed over time, but then I thought "hey, other races have changed some too." So, this thread is about how every race that you can think of has changed over time (this doesn't include the zoras changing into ritos or the likes). So, which version of the races that you can think of, do you like the best?

It may go something like this:
1. TP Zoras
2. TP Gorons
3. TP Hylians (the only two are Link and Zelda, because all the rest are humans)

P.S. Can you tell that I like Twilight Princess?

I'm confused as to how exactly your examples in the OP showed change over time but here's my stab with Gorons throughout the Zelda series.

In Skyward Sword, the race was mostly composed of nomadic individuals in pursuit of ambitious goals as well as seeking adventure. In the interval between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, the Gorons began to form an established society designating a specific leader (Darunia by the time of Ocarina of Time), creating a refuge safe from the volcanic debris of Death Mountain, and pursuing a larger role in the kingdom of Hyrule which is only vaguely described. The Gorons in Majora's Mask are rather similar in terms of development to their Ocarina of Time parallels however considering Termina is an alternate word, the race lives in a completely different environment as well-atop Snowhead Mountain. By the events of Twilight Princess, it's clear that the Gorons had experienced an industrial revolution as such developments as the Goron Mines show. On the Adult Era timeline as defined by the Hyrule Historia, the Gorons developed at a pace similar to those on the child counterpart and began to form villages of their own, lagging slightly behind in scope and technological advancement compared to Ocarina of Time's Goron City.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
"I'm confused as to how exactly your examples in the OP showed change over time but here's my stab with Gorons throughout the Zelda series." A_LINK_IN_TIME

I'm sorry I made that confusing, it was meant to be just a simple question: which is you favorite version of each race that changes, during the Zelda series?

I'm confused as to how exactly your examples in the OP showed change over time but here's my stab with Gorons throughout the Zelda series.QUOTE]

I'm sorry I made that confusing, it was meant to be just a simple question: which is you favorite version of each race that changes, during the Zelda series?

Oh wow. I'm sorry for the earlier incorrect reply in that case.

Goron-Skyward Sword
Zora-Ocarina of Time
Hylian-Twilight Princess

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Why would you assume that Zelda and Link are the only Hylians? Im pretty sure they are all Hylians, seeing as Hylian and Human are synonyms in Hyrule

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I was kinda weirded out with the TP Zora to be honest. They got all fishy, and I rather liked the Oot and MM Zoras

Ok, the only major difference between the two, is that the TP Zoras had gill structures alond the sides of their chests. Both have tails on their heads, and both have fins on their arms, and both have flipper feet.

Why would you assume that Zelda and Link are the only Hylians? Im pretty sure they are all Hylians, seeing as Hylian and Human are synonyms in Hyrule

They are all Hyrulians, but not all of them are Hylians by the time of TP. Only Link and Zelda are Hylian by this time, because they are the only ones sporting pointy ears. Before TP however, most of the people inhabitting Hyrule are Hylians, and not just plain humans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom