• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Questions You Hate Being Asked

What kinds of questions do you hate being asked? Why?

Exp.

I really, really hate when people ask me why I don't smile. lol

I hate being asked why I'm so quiet and standoffish.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Oh gosh yes, I hate being asked why I don't smile. They're all like "Why are you so mad all the time?" It's just a neutral expression, it doesn't convey any sort of emotion, it's supposed to be a blank slate. It means "There is no change in our social standing at this time. You and I are on neutral grounds right now." It's not "I'm not actively smiling at you, therefore I MUST HATE YOU RAWR!!!"

Trust me, if I did actually hate you, random hypothetical person, you'd know.

Another question I hate being asked is "Who are you? How did you get in my house?"

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Honestly, I hate it when people ask me how I know about something, because it's just like...I've made it clear multiple times in the past why I likely know about these various things, it's no well kept secret and most everybody else seems to not give a damn, hell chances are I was even somewhat involved and that's why I'm so informed. >:U

Also, yes, the smile thing...that kind of bugs me, my answer is usually just that I'm not the best at displaying emotion lol, but really I just dislike showing feelings unless I see reason to, which is usually not often.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
What's with the accent? (Why did speaking have to come so hard to me?)
Why don't you like participating in things with your other classmates? (Because I find them annoying and want nothing to do with them)
Why do you always have your hood up like that? (Do you want to look at my ugly face?)
Why don't you try and get a girlfriend? (You act as if I haven't tried:dry:)

I could go on with this all day:P

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have a few (and who asks them):

"What do you want to do when you finish school?" (From anyone (I don't know yet...))

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?" (Usually from relatives, but anyone)

"Why aren't you smiling in that photo?" (From Anyone)

"Who would you go out with?" (From Anyone)

"If (askers friend) asked you out would you say yes?" (From people with friends that like me)

"Can you please do (insert long list of things here) for homework?" (From Teachers)

"What's wrong?" (Anyone, unless it's from a close friend)

The girlfriend question annoys me... mainly because I'm thinking with a smug look on my face "you don't know I'm gay... and guess what... I'm not going to tell you hehehe"

Also I hate it when people meet me through my dad, the first thing they all ask is if I play an instrument... yes I do but that's not the tracking point!!!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
"What do you want for your birthday/christmas?" - I just never know what to answer... Lately my answer has become "Something geeky"

"So, what are you looking for in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?" - as if I have a checklist of qualities to tick off before I fall in love...

"Aren't you getting too old for....?" - I hate the indication that there's an upper age limit on things I enjoy and find entertaining... It's the main reason why I refused to be referred to as an adult for many, many years...

"Do you have a boyfriend?" - Hate the pressure it creates, but even worse is when someone just automatically assumes I have the exact same life they do (the shock/surprise when they realize I don't have kids or even a partner.... ugh, hate it)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I gotta concur with the smile thing. It bothers me. I just can't make those big, huge, toothy smiles other people can. My face just doesn't seem to work that way. And I get bothered by it.

And the "what do I want for X" question, yeah. I don't like being asked that. I generally don't feel like I should be asking for things like that. The things I really need, are way too expensive to be a reasonable gift. The things I really want, my family doesn't take seriously and considers a waste of time and money. So I generally just tell them, gift cards for Amazon so I can buy books for my Kindle. And that is true. I do like reading books. And that is something they can understand. And there's always a list of books I'd like to get but are not a spending priority.

I also agree with the age thing. That bugs me when I'm asked that.

I'm also very bothered when I am asked "Why don't you have a job yet?" Implying that I haven't been trying, when I have in fact been trying very hard, only to be rejected after many dozens of applications, never even reaching the interview process. As if it's somehow my fault that I can't get one despite my best efforts. Some people are nice about it and understanding. But others inject a tone of shame and scorn into their question. As if people unable to find a job are somehow just inferior beings that ought to be looked down upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Any sort of "Describe yourself/your skills/..." sort of questions. I always hate that question in an interview or when having to big myself up on my CV and things like that. Not something I enjoy trying to answer.

Any quite personal questions too. :P

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
"Are you Irish?" and the people who insist that I must be a little bit Irish when I tell them no.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
IRL Q's (some I won't list):
"Are you German?"
"Wait, how are you not German?"
"Are you French?"
"Then why are you 'France'?" (My friends and I have assigned each other Hetalia characters, so when we try to explain it to people, we tell them we're <insert country here>)

Internet Q's:
"Do you live in Finland/Iceland/France/Any other country?" (I live everywhere)
"Are you a guy or girl?" (uhm who are you, Prof. Oak?)

ya ok

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
"Are you ok?" (Depends on the timing, the situation, and the person of course)
"You coming out tonight?" (Asked by my friends a lot and sometimes I just cba)
"Are you Spanish?" (I'm quite tanned so people ultimately default to thinking I have Spanish in me; it's Italian)
"Do you like her?" (Seriously when this gets asked a lot it's annoying. If I like a girl I'll tell her myself)

Plus I hate any questions that seek to interrogate me, or multiple questions in succession.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Let me see...

"Are you OK?" is asked whenever I am crying, and it's ALWAYS WHEN I'M WATCHING A MOVIE OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. Seriously, I'm crying because the movie is sad. I'M NOT HAVING AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN, I'M DOING WHAT THE MOVIEMAKERS INTENDED. YOUR CONCERN IS ONLY MAKING ME LESS ATTACHED TO THE MOVIE I ACTUALLY WANT TO BE EMOTIONALLY ATTATCHED TO RIGHT NOW. SO SHUT UP.

I also hate being asked by strangers trying to get to know me why I didn't go to public school, and how lonely I must have been. Uhm, no. Public school takes a mind-numbingly long time to learn what I can digest in a matter of minutes, and I have learned far more than the average public schooled kid because of it. I happen to like the way I was educated, and happen to be a very introverted person. I don't even want to talk to you right now, you ignorant little mainstream public schooler. So leave me alone and bring your rude, ignorant self to people who actually mesh with rude, ignorant people like you.

Also I hate being asked if I'm the youngest in my family. No, I'm the middle child! I'm sorry my little sister is taller, and prettier, and wears more makeup and trendy clothes than me. But I'm proud of the 2 and a half years I've lived before she was born, thank you very much.

Jedizora

:right:
Okay, so it's important to mention that I am a big fan of history, and that I live in North Carolina. Naturally, I tend to get a lot of questions about the civil war, considering it tends to be 'the topic' when discussing history here. I hate it whenever I get any questions about 'The War of Northern Aggression', which is just hilariously wrong, considering the south fired the first shots, at Fort Sumter. Another thing I hate being asked about the War of Southern Slavery (As I like to call it) is anything about State Rights. Yes, the war was about slavery. No, no one cared about states rights back then enough to go to war for it. There are a lot of things about it that I get questions about, but that is the main thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom