• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Questions about Kokiri fairies

I had some questions about kokiri and their fairies, apologies if some of this has been covered here before.

Do we know if kokiri fairies are similar to Navi in their ability to communicate to their kokiri counterpart and other beings?

What exactly is the nature of the kokiri and fairy relationships? Are they entirely separate entities who are paired? Or do they share a soul/essence?

Is there any theorizing as to what happened to kokiri fairies during the transition to koroks?Or do forest fairies just not pair with them anymore?

Are kokiri fairies distinct from other forest fairies? Are other forest fairies distinct from fairies found elsewhere?

Thanks for any feedback

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Looking at Tatl, we know that, yes, all fairies can communicate, not just with their partner. We also have dialogue between Deku Tree and Navi. With your second question, the Kokiri and the Fairy are two different entities. I think that Koroks came about because the Kokiri merged with their fairies. Forest fairies are normally yellow, green, purple, or blue, whereas all other fairies are pink.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
They leave their person when they're no longer needed; for most Kokiri this would be never. And I think the fairies are part of their Kokiris to some extext, as shown in the manga here (read from right to left):
link.jpg
Here Mido's fairy attacked Link, and Mido says the fairy is a part of him so it doesn't count as cheating. I think this is true for the Korkiri but not for Link. Because he's a Hylian instead, Navi was temporarily assigned to him and therefore is not a part of him the way the other fairies are part of their Kokiri.

ArchAngel217

Mido says the fairy is a part of him so it doesn't count as cheating.
I respect your opinion and that you like the manga, but it isn't really accurate. And, knowing Mydo, he's just making an excuse. In the games, fairies are only connected to their partner through a friendship bond.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
I respect your opinion and that you like the manga, but it isn't really accurate. And, knowing Mydo, he's just making an excuse. In the games, fairies are only connected to their partner through a friendship bond.
I know some of the edits made were suggested by Nintendo themselves, so maybe this could be one of them? They did change the story quite a bit on their own accord too, so this could be them just talking some creative liberties. Also, where does it say fairies are only connected to their partner through a friendship bond in the game? (Talking about Kokiri specifically, not Tatl and Celia's bonds with Link.)

ArchAngel217

Also, where does it say fairies are only connected to their partner through a friendship bond in the game?
If they were bonded more than just by friendship, then the fairy would be born with the Kokiri, or something. But, really, the fairy goes to the Kokiri at the proper time.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
If they were bonded more than just by friendship, then the fairy would be born with the Kokiri, or something. But, really, the fairy goes to the Kokiri at the proper time.
I don't remember them mentioning that in the game, is there a part that I'm forgetting?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I don't remember them mentioning that in the game, is there a part that I'm forgetting?
huh, I thought the game mentioned this, but the closest it says is "a fairy finally came to you!" which doesn't actually imply that fairies come to everyone vs them existing with them, which I interpreted it as saying fsr

It's common sense really; you can't say something is bound to your soul or existence if it existed before you? Your existences would have to be dependent on one another.

I kind of interpret the fairies to serve more as like a familiar to the Kokiri? There could be a spiritual link but it probably would be different for each Kokiri in how they connect with their respective fairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom