• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question About Spirit Tracks Timeline

Uh, yeah she would. Besides I thought that was pretty much confirmed. Plus Niko appears in ST as an old man, how do you explain that? Did he live to be over 500? Even over 100 is a lot but at least believable.
How do you know Niko in ST is the same one as the pirate? Also the pirate is at least 30 so how the heck could he be 130 and still stand? Also remember Tetra is only like 10 years old in PH and WW. Remember also there are the temples. I forgot to talk about this, but how could all 5 of those could be built in 100 years? Not to mention ALL of the population, the tracks, the Tower of Spirits, and as I said before, the war between the spirits of good and malladus. Believe what you may, but to me, 100 years is not enough time to create an entire kingdom.

Yes, and to add, there was Linebeck III. Linebeck III was probably in his 40s in Spirit Tracks, so if anything, ST is less than 100 years after Phantom Hourglass.

Back on topic, I believe the Hyrule in ST, "New Hyrule" is a completely different land than the underwater Hyrule from Wind Waker. In my opinion, it's just a large island that Link, Tetra, and co. found while travelling and decided to inhabit. The races Link had met on his adventures adventually migrated to New Hyrule, and it grew to be the land it is in ST.

Linebeck III is the third generation of the Linebecks. If he is in his 40's in ST his father would have had him very young, about his 20's. Remember though that the races Link came across were in the Ocean King's domain.

Last edited:
How do you know Niko in ST is the same one as the pirate? Also the pirate is at least 30 so how the heck could he be 130 and still stand? Also remember Tetra is only like 10 years old in PH and WW. Remember also there are the temples. I forgot to talk about this, but how could all 5 of those could be built in 100 years? Not to mention ALL of the population, the tracks, the Tower of Spirits, and as I said before, the war between the spirits of good and malladus. Believe what you may, but to me, 100 years is not enough time to create an entire kingdom.

Linebeck III is the third generation of the Linebecks. If he is in his 40's in ST his father would have had him very young, about his 20's. Remember though that the races Link came across were in the Ocean King's domain.

When they settled the land there were races/people there already.

Also as far as Niko;

From Zelda Wiki:

Later on, he gives Link the Stamp Book after musing about how Link looks like an old friend of his (an obvious allusion to the Hero of Winds).By putting ten stamps in the book, Niko will give Link the Shield of Antiquity, which he claims used to belong to a friend of his[11] (given its appearance, it is evidently the same shield Link used in Phantom Hourglass; another hint that Niko's old friend was the Hero of Winds).
Even if he is 130 years, what of it? Maybe Hylians age better then real humans.
It's the same guy. And you explained it with Linebeck III, having a kid in your 20's is hardly unusual.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
How do you know Niko in ST is the same one as the pirate? Also the pirate is at least 30 so how the heck could he be 130 and still stand?
Seth posted some evidence for this. There's also a picture in his house of Niko from PH, which I think it's VERY safe to assume (Occam's Razor) is a picture from his childhood. I think he was younger than 30 in WW. Wasn't he the youngest of the gang? Even so... Gerudo males presumably live a little longer than 100 years. Daphnes lived several hundred years (so did Ganondorf for that matter). Other than that, we don't have too much information on the lifespans of the Hyrulean races, meaning it's pointless to get caught up in little details like that.

Remember also there are the temples. I forgot to talk about this, but how could all 5 of those could be built in 100 years? Not to mention ALL of the population, the tracks, the Tower of Spirits, and as I said before, the war between the spirits of good and malladus. Believe what you may, but to me, 100 years is not enough time to create an entire kingdom.
As Seth and I both said, the land, most of the people on it, the temples, the tower, and the tracks were already there when Tetra arrived and founded New Hyrule. The quote that states this is in my previous post.

In fact, if you want to look into this a little farther, I remember there was one backstory (forgot which game) that states that the Hylians spread out and settled the world. The inhabitants of New Hyrule may have originated from this first emigration, which is why the Lokomo readily accept Tetra to form a Kingdom and rule over them - she's the rightful heir to Hyrule.

I don't know how you're doing your math, but with mine, there's plenty of time. Give PH Linebeck 10 years to have a son. Give this Linebeck Jr. 30 years to grow up and have one of his own. If Linebeck III in ST is 40, as you say, then that's a total of 80 years. In fact, each generation would have to procreate at a rather old age (40-50) in order to fill the 100-year gap. But again, minor worthless details.

Last edited:
Locke and Seth: Forgive me, I can't reply to your posts directly, I'm doing all this from my iPod, and it's quite limited.

You make good points and it could very easily work out that way, but I have just one more thing to add to this. If Link and Tetra found the large island and came ashore and found the Locomos there then in order for them to establish a kingdom they would had to have conquered the Locomos. Your observasion about Tetra being the rightful heir, Locke, would explain that they wouldn't have to conquer them but Tetra wasn't being Zelda then. In fact she didn't want to be acknowledged as a princess. Unless Link or one of the crew referred to her as Zelda the Locomos wouldn't have known. The stain glass portrait in Hyrule Castle in ST was of Tetra, not Zelda and the Locomos I would think would see her as a princess, not a pirate. I guess either way it wouldn't make much sense so I guess it doesn't matter.

Ice Sage

these are words
Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after Phantom Hourglass. They find a new land after the events of PH, in honor of the ancient kingdom of Hyrule they call this new land "new Hyrule", or just "Hyrule".

I think the Lokomo would have known. They're the equivalent of the Sages after all.

True. One thing that bothers me though, is that there are only 6 (I guess 7 if you count Byrne) Locomos in Spirit Tracks. Almost implying they left. Also nobody even mentions them (aside from the guardians of the realm occasionally).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom