• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question About Playing the Games in Order

J

jco5055

Ok, well regardless of the order of the games people believe, we all know it goes

OoT/MM-Child:TP etc
- Adult: TWW etc

Now, seeing how you can basically assume, thatTP and TWW take place at the same time, but in different universes; if you guys were playing the Zelda games in order (in your opinions), would you play them alternating between the universes, depending on how many years each takes place after OoT, or would you guys play through each universe (Child and Adult) separately, and switch universes once you completed all the games in one universe?

EDIT: Sorry about my illustration, but you guys know that adult and child timelines should be lined up.

I would play through the Child Timeline then move onto the Adult timeline, But the problem being that since we don't know the official order you would have to go by your own timeline...e.g:

..........TWW-PH/ST
As of now I guess this is all I know OoT<
MM.....TP

Even then thats probably wrong, I don't have enough knowledge to make my own, Thats just what I could figure out with what I know. So really until Nintendo releases the official Timeline what you have just said is quite hard (well more like near impossible) to do.

J

jco5055

I would play through the Child Timeline then move onto the Adult timeline, But the problem being that since we don't know the official order you would have to go by your own timeline...e.g:

..........TWW-PH/ST
As of now I guess this is all I know OoT<
MM.....TP

Even then thats probably wrong, I don't have enough knowledge to make my own, Thats just what I could figure out with what I know. So really until Nintendo releases the official Timeline what you have just said is quite hard (well more like near impossible) to do.

I know its impossible because Nintendo could release games that go anywhere in the timeline, but since there's no point in waiting for Nintendo to release the official timeline, when they could just as well never release one, I figured Id just play them as chronologically accurate as I can.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'd play through the CT first, and I'd play an order that was acceptable to me:
....................../WW/PH-ST
MC/FS/FSA-OoT/MM-ALttP/LA-OoX-LoZ-AoL-TP

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
....................../WW/PH-ST
MC/FS/FSA-OoT/MM-ALttP/LA-OoX-LoZ-AoL-TP

NO NO NO!

You messed some stuff up.

I'll correct you:

/WW/PH-ST
MC-OoT
\MM-TP-FS-FSA-ALttP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX

FSA can't be before OoT BECAUSE even though It mentions Ganondorf being a human in it's BS(as told by several NPCs during the game, specially in the Desert of Doubt) he is seen in his Demon Form, Ganon at the end of the game, also, Zelda's quote stating that he was an Ancient Demon Reborn implies that Ganon/dorf has appeared before in the history of Hyrule, thus, disproving where you placed it.

FS is not long before FSA, but probably not a direct sequel, considering that some facts were adulterated in FSA's BS.

FSA fits as a glove after TP and Before ALttP because, in TP, Ganondorf dies(his physical form, I believe that the fact that we see his eyes turn blank is the fact that Ganon, the spirit Demon that he turns in when he has the Triforce of Power, abbandoned his body.)
and FSA mentions a NEW Ganondorf, yet Ganon is the same, thus, the Quote "An Ancient Demon Reborn).
Also, in ALttP he has the Trident of Power that was obtained in FSA, but in OoT, Ganon fights with some "swords" or whatever those huge things are.
(the Only problem here is the absense of Gerudos in TP, and somehow they appear in FSA, but this can be explained by the fact that they are Nomads and left the Gerudo Desert and moved to the Desert of Doubt)

TP fits very well between OoT and ALttP because of the Placement of the Master Sword.
I'll explain:

In OoT as we all know(or should know), the Master Sword is in the Temple of Time, at the end of the game, it's restored to the Pedestal.

In TP, it's still in the Pedestal, yet, the Temple of Time's outer sections crumbled, leaving the Pedestal on open air.Also, at the end of the game, Link returns it to it's rightful place.

In ALttP, it's still in the Pedestal, as well, but even the Temple's ruins eroded, leaving only the pedestal.

It's the same location in the Three games, and we see how time can be harsh, turning the ToT to nothing.
So, TP can't be after ALttP.

LA IS a direct sequel to ALttP, even though some people believe that OoX come inbetween, this is disproved by the fact that Zelda has to introduce herself to Link in OoX, wich would be unnecessary if it was the same Zelda from ALttP.

After a long time after LA, comes LoZ and AoL, and, OoX ends the Timeline.
This is the most logical placement to OoX, either here or a long time after ALttP/LA, but I prefer them a long time after AoL due to the fact that Ganon is still dead and the TwinRova are trying to Ressurrect them.

If OoX came before LoZ, then how'd Ganon be alive in LoZ?Easy and Simple.

I hope you liked my theories

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
That's all good and I agree with most of it. Well I agree with all of it apart from one thing. I think OoX should come after LA and before LoZ. I have based this on... Next to nothing apart from the fact that somewhere in-game (can't actually remember where) it is stated that after ALttP, Link sets out to sea for... some reason or another. If he set out to sea and then had the events of LA, I don't think he'd be satisfied and go home, because I am pretty sure that's not what he set out for. So, he does LA, then goes on to OoX.

Also, the reason Zelda has to introduce herself could be because in LA Link mistakes Marin for Zelda. Perhaps he didn't want to make the same mistake again and he therefore stays mute until she introduces herself and he is sure it is Zelda.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Also, the reason Zelda has to introduce herself could be because in LA Link mistakes Marin for Zelda. Perhaps he didn't want to make the same mistake again and he therefore stays mute until she introduces herself and he is sure it is Zelda.

No, that is not a strong argument, and, actually, it's the dumbest one I've ever heard.
The reason why she has to introduce herself it's because it's a different Link/Zelda, period

M

majoraskullkid

I think I would play the games in order with adult first and children after.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

No, that is not a strong argument, and, actually, it's the dumbest one I've ever heard.
The reason why she has to introduce herself it's because it's a different Link/Zelda, period

I'm going to have to agree with Skull Kid on this one. I probably wouldn't have said it as harsh as SK did, but my stance remains the same.

No offense, but that is a terrible theory with absolutely no basis behind it. Zelda introduces herself because it's a new Link and a new Zelda that have never met before. To say otherwise with absolutely no evidence is theorist suicide.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

If I did happen to be going through based on the timeline, I'd definitely play both timelines at the same time. I like the idea of The Wind Waker lining up with Twilight Princess, so it would be a cool way to experience those games, going back and forth.

If I were to, say, play the ending of each game in order (which I've done for other series before, beating the games first of course), I would probably play one timeline and then the other (perhaps Adult first since it's shorter for now). Once the Adult Timeline is expanded more and they're more equal, though, I might alternate in that situation.

Actually, talking about playing The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess at the same time, going back and forth, gave me a brilliant idea for a remake. They could remake those two games on one disc (for Wii with the uber-fun controls, similar to Metroid Prime Trilogy), but the games are programmed as one, going back and forth between the original games. The stories are supposedly at the same time in alternate timelines. It might get a little confusing if you haven't played the games before, but with an intro/swithcing-scene explanation(s), they could explain what's going on there - plus, the art styles make a pretty good distinction.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If I did happen to be going through based on the timeline, I'd definitely play both timelines at the same time. I like the idea of The Wind Waker lining up with Twilight Princess, so it would be a cool way to experience those games, going back and forth.

If I were to, say, play the ending of each game in order (which I've done for other series before, beating the games first of course), I would probably play one timeline and then the other (perhaps Adult first since it's shorter for now). Once the Adult Timeline is expanded more and they're more equal, though, I might alternate in that situation.

Actually, talking about playing The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess at the same time, going back and forth, gave me a brilliant idea for a remake. They could remake those two games on one disc (for Wii with the uber-fun controls, similar to Metroid Prime Trilogy), but the games are programmed as one, going back and forth between the original games. The stories are supposedly at the same time in alternate timelines. It might get a little confusing if you haven't played the games before, but with an intro/swithcing-scene explanation(s), they could explain what's going on there - plus, the art styles make a pretty good distinction.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is separated in 3 discs.
They could never fit them all in One disc, neither could they fit WW and TP in the same disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom