• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prometheus - SPOILERS

What would you give Prometheus?

• Rating: 5 - Perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rating: 4 - Good

• Rating: 3 - Average

• Rating: 2 - Mediocre

• Rating: 1 - Terrible

• Haven't seen it yet

• Not going to see it

• Total voters

Hanyou

didn't build that
I haven't seen it yet, but I loved Alien and seriously want to. I worry that it could ruin some of the mystery of the original, but it looks like it could be good.

I'll make sure not to keep my expectations too high given what's been said in this thread.

Most people's favorite Alien movie is Aliens. And Aliens is pretty much a copy of the first Alien. I still think it's the best in the series but the fact that it's an epicnized copy of the first film is very evident.

I loved Alien, but when I finally sat down to watch Aliens was dumbfounded by how boring it was. Two hours of relentless noise and little else. It wasn't charmingly minimalist like Alien, just overloaded with special effects and boring action sequences completely devoid of any tension. I didn't care about any of the characters and after awhile the Aliens just felt routine.

Even though I prefer the original Terminator to Terminator 2, I can see why people liked the sequel. It at least had plenty of plot development. Cameron was responsible for both films, so I know he can make a good movie. But Aliens was a royal mess. I honestly found it as enriching as Transformers or the Matrix sequels. What do people see in it? The first film had a constant air of dread, real atmosphere, real surprises, and, in spite of some cheap scares (admit it, they were fun) also pulled off the subtler elements of horror very well. The sequel was just tons of nerfed Aliens getting shot at and people panicking.

Part of the reason I want to see Prometheus is because Ridley Scott is at the helm, and I hope he can do justice to at the very least the atmosphere of his original vision. From the sound of it, it's not another Aliens, which I'm actually happy about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom