• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Princess Zelda's Role?

Princess Zelda's Role, what do you want it to be?

• Captured by Ganon or another arch-enemy (traditional!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting in disguise like Sheik or Tetra (sorta traditional)

• Guiding link through telepathy, as a disembodied spirit, or otherwise playing the "Navi" role

• Reigning as Princess in Hyrule, with the kingdom in peril...

• Love interest for Link...Link and Zelda sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g

• No Zelda! Keep her out of it for a change (still time to change your mind Aonuma!)

• Other...please tell us what you have in mind

• Total voters

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I voted for both "fighting in disguise" and "other". The reason is that I like when people have a hand in their own destiny. If she's part of the game but not part of the main action, I'd like it if she were whisked away for her own good and she learns something useful in hiding. For example, perhaps she has powers she learns to control. I wouldn't want an exact retread of OoT, though...more like a safe haven that perhaps Link has to return to at times and he meets her then. Plus, waiting for something to happen can be as frustrating as actually having to do something, so that could be interesting for her characterization.

Similar to that, I also like stories like where the princess doesn't even know she's a princess yet. That's why I voted "other." And again I wouldn't want a complete retread (this time of WW), but since we don't know a lot about the land beneath Skyloft yet - perhaps Hyrule doesn't even have a king and queen yet - there are other ways to do that. In that case she wouldn't even have to be in disguise at all, she could simply find out she's been chosen by fate just like Link.

As for romance, I like in-game hints. I really prefer those to an outright statement of a relationship, since it's not the reason I play the game. But I'm sure if it happened, I'd just say "Aww, how cute." :)

You've just said exacty what I'm thinking, my friend. There are only few games that even imply romance between the two. If this actually happenned, I'd probably freak.(and I think it's funny that it's the second most wanted thing in the poll)

If it really happened, I'd have goose bumps of excitement! I think evolving some romance in the story would really improve it. It would even make it more epic.

So, #1 & #2 are "reigning as princess with the kingdom in peril" and "love interest"...the two things that she has never been. Interesting. I am really surprised people want them to fall in love. I think there is almost no chance of it...but I do think they will follow up on Spirit Tracks by giving her a stronger personality.

Yeah, sadly, I agreed. I doubt Nintendo will ever create a deeper relationship between Link and Zelda, one which goes beyond the "very VERY close/childhood friends".

But, hey! Anything can happen! ;)

Rofang

Person
Whatever she is in the game, I'd like her not to be a relatively helpless victim. CPU-controlled co-op might be fun. (I'd also like her to be a playable character for at least a sizable chunk of the game, but that's obviously not happening in SS.)

well i would like to have sheik back but have her like she was in super smash bros. brawl. i like the way she was designed in that game. but i also like the damsel in distress thing. i just love fairy tale endings. princess get saved by hero and then they get married. perfect ending. plenty of action and little bit of romance thrown in. but i don't think it will happen with link and zelda but i do think we will see oot link's mother.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Please....Aonuma....change your mind!
I voted for her to be taken out of the game. Yes, I know, the game series is called the Legend of Zelda, but guess what? I don't care. I'd rather have it called the Legend of Link and figure out that Zelda gets killed off.
I hate her. So much. And I'm not even sure why.
Die, Zelda! For Pete's sake, just die!

guy

Junior Junior Member
who's pete?

Anyway, i chose other. I think in an interview miamoto or the other guy said that link goes own searching for a lost friend or something, so i think it might be zelda and she might be from skyloft. She wouldn't be a princess though unless skyloft has a gorvenment with kings and queens and stuff like that.

who's pete?

Anyway, i chose other. I think in an interview miamoto or the other guy said that link goes own searching for a lost friend or something, so i think it might be zelda and she might be from skyloft. She wouldn't be a princess though unless skyloft has a gorvenment with kings and queens and stuff like that.
I doubt she will be a princess/queen. I hardly beleive all of skyloft is one place/island. It is probably many large islands that are against/in peace with other islands. Or maybe just two large continents.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think that Zelda will just be reigning in Hyrule while it's falling to pieces. I strongly believe that Ganon won't show up in SS, so I don't think that she'll really be captured by him per say, maybe someone or something else. I really don't hope for Sheik to be in SS, I don't think it would make much sense for her to be in disguise for some reason. In regard to Zelda being the "Navi" type companion, I don't think that will happen whatsoever. Zordiana's supposed to be the companion. I wouldn't see why Link would need two people helping him throughout his quest. I wouldn't hope for romance between Link and Zelda in SS. It doesn't seem natural to the Zelda series. I could understand if there were points that could show a possible romance, but I wouldn't want Zelda to be really interested in Link in that sense. I would not want Zelda out of the game either. I mean her name is in the title. The Zelda games wouldn't be much without Zelda appearing once or being a significant importance to the game.

I don't really know. Since Hyrule is just being discovered by the skyloftians I don't know if she'll just be a skyloftian or if she'll be something else. Maybe their is a castle down in hyrule, maybe she's just a villager in a Hyrule town and she leads them, and later becomes the princess who knows. I don't know but I hope she's more involved than just captured by ganon. Anyways I think they'll use here right like they did with Tetra!

Awesome thread and topic Jupiter!! As usual of course .

Diablo

King of Redeads
I think they should have running the kingdom and you follow her orders to save the kingdom.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Definitely not saving the princess. They said they were differing from the zelda forumla. Either there is a girl character that isn't pronounced zelda or quen or whatever till the end, or no zelda.

T

Tdwprocks

The way the game is being portrayed and explained so far is giving me the thought of there not being an actual Hyrule like kingdom. Which I think would be a nice change, but maybe Zelda could act as a regular girl since Hyrule has not yet become a "kingdom", so maybe she can play the role as a friend of Link's? Idk! but I think itd be nice if it was Link's love intrest. But idk, truthfully, i feel they will portray her the same as always.... but who knows!

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I doubt Nintendo will ever create a deeper relationship between Link and Zelda, one which goes beyond the "very VERY close/childhood friends"

I don't think Link will ever have a deep relationship with Zelda. Nor will he have a deep relationship with any other girl.
Nintendo isn't dumb enough to do that. They know that fangirls and fanboys alike will kill them all.

who's pete?

Not really sure....but I do everything for his sake xD
-----------
And although I've already put in my two cents about Zelda (and how much I hate her), I still think I should take a guess at what role she'll be playing in SS.
If SS is at the beginning of the Zelda timeline, then I'm assuming that Hyrule (aka "the land below Skyloft") isn't really a kingdom yet, since it's being run over by evil and there's a giant hole in the middle of it where Skyloft should be. That being the case, this also signifies the start of the Royal Family. And now that Zelda has been confirmed in this game --cry--, then I think she'll be a ruler, but not a grand one. She'll probably run a fairly small town and when she meets Link she'll complain to him about their constant problems of facing whatever evil there is that's trying to kill them all ("them all" being the people who live in the town). And as Link continues his quest and destroys more and more evil, Zelda brings in more people to her town. The town grows into a city, and as the evil is completely destroyed, Zelda is named the ruler and the Royal Family begins.
That's just my theory, although pretty much ANYTHING can happen at this point.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I think she should fight by Link's side. If Shiek returns, HE should be like HE looks in Smash Bros. Brawl. The love interest thing is hit and miss with me. I like the couple LinkXZelda, but I think that its better as unrequited or a Romeo & Juliet type thing. Like they're madly in love...and they both know it...but they could never be together. Zelda is royalty and Link is just a peasant boy. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom