• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Primus.

Les claypool is a bass playing legend i think
his band primus i think is amazing, i went an seen them on tour on the Odity Faire which was phenominal(sp)
and just their stage prescence was awesome.
like personally i dont listen to alot of primus but when i seen their show it was amazing
now here is my question for you guys
have you ever seen primus? if so what did you think
or just have you listened to them? and if so what do you think
for those of you who havent listened to them here is a link to an awesome song :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko
music vid is a bit weird but awesome song.

Shnappy

derp
Les Claypool certainly is a bass legend. I don't dig his voice that much, though. I almost went to one of their live shows, but decided not to. The only music by them I really like is the stuff on "Sailing the Seas of Cheese", and the best song by them in my opinion is "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver". If they didn't have the amazing bass that they do have with Les Claypool, though, I probably wouldn't like them very much, he's in my top 5 as far as bass players in rock history goes.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I actually just introduced Primus to a friend of mine last night. I love Les .. he's obviously very unorthodox in his style, writing, and lyrics, but he's a genius with the bass. I got into Primus right around when Pork Soda came out, but never have had the chance to see them live.

Another member that I like a lot and was always very underrated is Herb. He's phenomenal, and some of his best drumming IMO is on Seas of Cheese, most notably in Fish On.
As far as favorite albums, I'm torn between Frizzle Fry & Seas of Cheese.

M

MountainTroll

primus is amazing. they are highly underrated. i have not seen them live, but my friend has, and i've been listening to primus since i was a wee lad. very good band. best album is frizzle fry, hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom