• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Previous Characters We Would Like to See in Skyward Sword

Djinn

and Tonic
Since there are a couple threads around on the board asking about seeing past version of established characters like Twinrova or the Composer Bros. I thought it might be worthwhile to make an overall thread covering the concept than having a handfull of other threads scattered around.

So Hyrule has a lot of established characters that are centuries old, immortal, undead or just plain normal dead. And since we have learned that Skyward Sword takes place in the past there is a possibility that we might see a past (or living) version of someone we have seen in a previous title. So I thought I would ask, what character would you like to see appear in Skyward Sword, even if it is a very small part or even in a background somewhere? Maybe just as an easter egg for someone to discover or a side quest.

Myseld I would like to see the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess again. I have never fully believed that he was Link from OoT, he just does not seem to be Link to me. Wearing the armor, is a little bit taller than TP Link, I just do not believe that is him. But he could have been a great hero or well known Hylian Knight of old. Possibly even the progenitor of the bloodline of Hylian Knights in the past. But he is some sort of guardian of Hyrule that wishes to help Link on his quest. And I would like to see him again in his era. Either as a living Knight that protects Hyrule or we could even see just what happened to him that made him the "shade." He could have been one of the last defenders cursed by whatever evil that has taken over the world below or a guardian spirit keeping Skyloft safe from harm. Either way he was an interesting mysterious character I would like to know a little more about.

I also want to see the Volvagia of legend told in the stories from OoT. He was rumored to be a great evil in the past that the Gorons had to defeat. I definitely want to see the Legendary ancient Volvagia appear again. That and I genuinely want Nintendo to expand a little more on Hyrule's dragons. Sometimes they are just another monster, sometimes they are a deity, and sometimes they are other named characters.

i would really like to see link reappear personally,
lol jk but i think the lon lon gang ^3^ malon, talon, and ingo, and dont forget epona ^_^

HMMM

TINGLE!! Id LOVE to see him in this new art style, >.<
More fairies, like in OoT, and MM, but not ones that necessarily aid link much, but as NPC's, or partners to them. Maybe a sidequest to find one for tingle? (and hes SUPER picky, :P )

Uhh. Biggoron? Hed be cool, i guess.

A less annoying Kaepora Gaebora would be awesome. (Maybe if you dont have the sword for a while like Aonuma suggested, KG could take you up and down to and from Skyloft.

uhhhhhh

Links family again. Not parents, but someone similar to who he has before.

Ill post more i think of later.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
GDT, Volvagia, and Jabu-Jabu.
Tingle for sure.
Kaepora Gaebora in his ancient sage form.
The Light Spirits.
The people represented by Link, Ilia, and Dark Links in Lanayru's tale.
Fairy Queen
Am I asking too much?

Djinn

and Tonic
It kills me that I just thought of this but,

The Sheikah Tribe, as in the complete Sheikah Tribe. In all other titles they were in total decline with only a few if not one or two members left. But a prequel title could give us a chance to see them at their height. Perhaps see the hidden village filled with the Sheikah tribe that only exist as legends now. And also give an interesting explanation of their secretive and hidden ways.

If they are the Hylians who were not so lucky to be lifted into the air to safety with Skyloft, then it makes sense that they might create techniques like remaining hidden and moving around unnoticed by monsters. It would also explain why they choose to live in hidden villages walled off by mountains and build temples deep underground. Evil is ruling the land and for a people to survive then staying hidden is the key. Potent magics and use of many magical tools would be necessary so it might explain why the Sheikah made to many items hidden in Hyrule as well.

Now I really want to see them in SS.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I agree that it's time to see the Sheikah tribe in full force.

Other characters I'd like to see:

Din, Farore and Nayru. The goddesses, not the oracles. In person, interacting with Link, perhaps in a mentoring capacity.

Gustaf, King of Hyrule - back when he was still alive, perhaps even back when he was still a little boy.

Dark Link. I want to see the origin of Link's evil counterpart. And I wouldn't mind a line confirming that the Dark Links from AoL, OoT, OoA and ST are one and the same, this Dark Link, to be specific.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I actually want to see some new characters, yknow? Fresh. If not, I REALLY want to see Malon!! We need her in a console game again for Skyward Sword!! She should be at least a good friend of Link. If not, the usuall girl who calls him a "Fairy Boy" lol.

Here's what I want:
Shiekah
Zelda (of course) (Ps. she IS gonna be in it, they confirmed it a while back)
King of Hyrule
Malon
Tingle (for the heck of it)
Biggoron
The Running Man
Beetle salesman

Last edited:

MrLuigi

Theorist
I want to see Link again.

But seriously I want some Ganondorf action. He better make a cameo as a painting.

M

Mechanical Gun

I want to see Link again.

But seriously I want some Ganondorf action. He better make a cameo as a painting.

I really hope we don't see anymore Ganondorf. We've been fighting him for quite a few years and I feel like it's time for him to finally be put to rest. We should allow the series to stay fresh, while to still retaining a familiar amount of gameplay that we've grown to love.

I would personally like to see that owl, his name escapes me, from OoT. I want to see it in the game for old times sake. His obnoxious and overstated speeches will reignite a great nostalgia for old players. The pointlessness, redundant speeches that are simply restating what you've already found out or what Navi has already told you. He must make an appearance.

Shiekah (not exactly returning, haven't seen much of them ever)
Kokiri, including Saria
Tingle
Beetle the shopkeeper
Maple the witch

Off the top of my head.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I would personally like to see that owl, his name escapes me, from OoT. I want to see it in the game for old times sake. His obnoxious and overstated speeches will reignite a great nostalgia for old players. The pointlessness, redundant speeches that are simply restating what you've already found out or what Navi has already told you. He must make an appearance.
All irony aside, it would make sense to show Kaepora Gaebora in an OoT prequel. OoT states that he is the reincarnation of a sage from a previous generation, so this would be a nice way of tying things together. He doesn't have to be as obnoxious as he was in OoT, though.

Djinn

and Tonic
All irony aside, it would make sense to show Kaepora Gaebora in an OoT prequel. OoT states that he is the reincarnation of a sage from a previous generation, so this would be a nice way of tying things together. He doesn't have to be as obnoxious as he was in OoT, though.

It could at least give us a little more information on him. So far all we know is that he is a helpful talking owl that may or may not be a reincarnation of a sage. And he appeared in both Termina of and the Wind Fish's dreams. So there is something strangely supernatural happening with that guy and there have been little to no hints on what that might be. At least a little more info on just where this talking owl comes from would be great.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Some interesting ideas already mentioned! I never thought about the origin of Dark Link being explained in-game, but I'm intrigued.

I'd like to see any ancient sage that has been referenced previously. Perhaps even Rauru, depending on how far back Skyward Sword is set, and if sages have a different lifespan than what we're used to. In any case, I think it's possible that some incarnation of the sages might play a role in the game, considering the AlttP manual says that they played a role in the creation of the Master Sword. On the other hand - bear in mind that I am not a theorist - from what I understand a hero wasn't necessarily found right away to use the Master Sword, which doesn't seem to fit with the story of Skyward Sword. But who knows? Perhaps that can be explained too.

The sages are the main characters I would like to see again. Beyond that, like Djinn said, perhaps the person who established the line for the Knights of Hyrule. That would be a nice reference for long-time fans.

Jedizora

:right:
I would like ganon(not the human), navi and the person who's grave that the elvis impersonater is dancing around, just to see who made the sunsong, song of passing. Unless windfall IS kakriko village, and its one of the compser brothers graves.(the grave does look like some land arond it washed away.) But then again, I would like to see the composer bros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom