• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pre-order or Not?

I know that many, if not all of us want to get our greedy little hands on Skyward sword when it comes out. However I am wondering if we'll need to pre-order? Should I pre-order it cause it will fly off the shelves the minute the store opens, or will it be ok to just go there and take my time to get it? What I mean to say is, do we need to pre-order or not, if we want to get it the day it comes out?

bds1110

Imp
I really don't have much of a say in this, because I live in a small town where there is no pre-ordering. They don't fly off the shelves in this town, because the people around here don't appreciate video games, and if anyone around here does, I know them all, and there only about four or five. o:

Kybyrian

Well, if you think it will fly off the shelves, then I'd get it. It's only $5 more to pre-order the game. If you think you'll easily be able to walk in there on release date and pick it up then I'd go with that, but if you have doubts about being able to get it the first day then I'd pre-order it. Better safe than sorry, you know.

W

WeeGeeTime

As the two above me have said, it completely depends on the area. I know I will have to pre-order it where I live, because there are a lot of junkies around here. The Gamestops and other stores around constantly run out of pre-order content when they have it (such as the small Lugia and Ho-Oh figurines released with Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold) and you have to be one of the first at the stores to get them. Even if there is no pre-order content, games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl and New Super Mario Bros. Wii are always completely out and are competed for until almost 2 or 3 weeks after release.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I probably won't pre-order it, just because I don't want to be one of those people who gets the game right away and plows through it. That's not how i game, I like to take my time at every occation and admire the scenery. But I do have a $25 dollar gift card for future shop that doesn't expire... if i can hold onto that until 2011 I can get Skyward Sword for cheaper than a lot of other people =) it's just enough to ease the damage of buying a newly released game. Unless there is something that really makes pre-ordering worth it. like a rupee replica or something then I would get the game on the first day and then wait a few days before opening it. lol then again maybe not, i might go insane if i dont open it! bahahahahahaaaaaa.

Zelda is a popular franchise. If you don't pre-order, you might have a little trouble finding a copy when the it hits the shelves.

Nah, it's just not neccessary for me. I live right near two Game Stops, which means their will be plenty of copies waiting for me on the first day it's available. Same thing happened with Super Mario Galaxy 2, which would probably attract more attention that SS. Plus, I just don't feel the need to. SS isn't looking so good right now, so no desire to get it immediately is present. That'll probably change as more is revealed about it though.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
It depends on how eager you are...yes it may sell out, but if you can wait a week or two there will be plenty of copies, guaranteed.

I know a place i can preorder for free!! so i'll consider it,
but I didn't really have any problems getting galaxy 2 the first day it was out.

But Raven made a good point! i cleared galaxy 2 100% within 4 days,
It felt wrong, I want to chill out with a game, not rush through it.

Steve

5/19/13
I use to preorder often, but it seems the supply for demand seems to have increased dramatically, and that you never really see games out of stock anymore. If I think it is truly necessary, I will order it, but otherwise there is no need to do so. The only true way that I would preorder Skyward Sword, is if they offer a good bonus such as they did with Master Quest and Collector's Edition.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I'm definetly pre-ordering this game! It makes it easier b/c it could be soldout if you wait 4 it 2 come out,and you may not have enough$ anyway.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
You might have to pre-order it. Unless there's a lot of gamers there, it won't fly off the shelves on the first day. When I got ST, it was only a week or 2 after it came out. But if you want to get it the first day it comes out, you'd better pre-order it.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
It's very rare that we run out of a game where I am. I figure I'm wasting five bucks on something that isn't necessary. Some say five bucks isn't much... but hey, I can get a whole sub for that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom