• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Possible Release Date at Gamescom?

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Gamescom is in a few weeks and since Nintendo will be there do you think we will finally get the release date?.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I doubt it, because at this point it would be a deadline for when the game will be done, since there's still localization. Nintendo releases games when they're done, or else dungeons and stuff get cut out, like in the Wind Waker.

December is not smart! it's best to release games in the fall for parents to get ready for Christmas. Everyone goes shopping after thanksgiving.

I think that they're specially cautious and watching the other big games moves. And a right timed release date can increase the sales by dozen of thousand copies.

So because of this I think that this game must goes out at $40, such a important IP, with great value at budget price point would compensate the lack of attention that Wii is getting from more core gamer audience lately.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I doubt it, because at this point it would be a deadline for when the game will be done, since there's still localization. Nintendo releases games when they're done, or else dungeons and stuff get cut out, like in the Wind Waker.

Well, since Skyward Sword is finished development I don't think that will happen.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Skyward Sword will be playable at the Animagic 2011 this week. I'm so happy to play Skyward Sword in just a few days :O

The Game was also last year playable at the Gamescom. I visit the Gamescom this year, but I don't think Nintendo will reveal a Release Date. But maybe there will be a surprise. But on the other hand, this is the Gamescom. A giant convention without any important persons or representatives :lol:
So, no, definitely no release Date at the Gamescom.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Well, I said earlier in a different thread that we wouldn't see a new trailer from ComicCon. Obviously I was wrong. However, I don't think Nintendo will announce a release date at Gamescom. If anything, I think they'll wait until Tokyo Game Show and announce it at the last second. By the way, this is probably a stupid question, but where is everyone getting a November release from? I think that if Skyward Sword was set to release around November; they would've announced it already. I'm guessing December will be the month.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Well, I said earlier in a different thread that we wouldn't see a new trailer from ComicCon. Obviously I was wrong. However, I don't think Nintendo will announce a release date at Gamescom. If anything, I think they'll wait until Tokyo Game Show and announce it at the last second. By the way, this is probably a stupid question, but where is everyone getting a November release from? I think that if Skyward Sword was set to release around November; they would've announced it already. I'm guessing December will be the month.

Because Nintendo said it would be released in the Holiday season and the OOT3D paper that said stuff about Skyward Sword said Fall 2011 and November is in Fall and in the Holiday season and lots of Zelda's where released in November and almost everybody goes Christmas shopping in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom