• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Poll: Who is Better Adult Link or Young Link?

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I certainly like adult Link more than the young one. Why? Because he's cuter...:rolleyes:
Anyway, I've been thinking about this question and I can't answer it "How old is young Link in OoT?"

S

Spreeze

Tough question. Young Link is just so adorable! Especially in the Bunny Hood from OoT :3

But, I'm going to have to say Adult Link. There is so much more you can do, and more (more effective, even) weapons are avaliable. As many before me said, Young Link in MM was amazing, but because I like OoT waaay more than MM, Adult Link is my choice. (heh, probably not a very good reason)

K

Kokirikid

Young Link will always cut it for me. He is way more carismatic than adult Link in my opinion, plus its much cooler that a kid can topple a huge beast than an adult! :D And I quite enjoy having a main character that has the capacity of an adult, yet the inocence of a child.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I think Adult Link is better. He is better because the dungeons are harder and the best part in the game the Gerudo's Fortress is as Adult Link.:)

However Adult Link is good but Young Link has some o.k points.
1. You start the adventure as him
2. Adult Link is not in every Zelda game and there is more young Link.
3. The second one proves young Link is a little common.:shield:

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I think Young Link is better. Such a brave chap at just age 10 (or whatever) to set off on a crazy adventure. I think that the friends who support Youngin Link as he starts out is really key to the Zelda-adventure feeling.

Also, when Youngin turns to Adult, some of the others characters die! NNOO! So sad...poor Dampè, ah, and the evil that spreads...just sad. Younging Link, everything is still somwhat peaceful, or at least not as destroyed yet.

I

izaktj

I identify myself more with adult link I guess, probably because my fav game is ocarina of time.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'd say definitely Young Link. What I don't think a lot of people consider is that technically, Adult Link is only a past version of Young Link (ironic as that is~ :P). Young Link has all the experience and skill of Adult Link since it's his own past experience, and ontop of that, if you're to consider the torturously weighty events of MM, I'd say he must have at least three times the experience and skill he did as Adult Link in OoT. He may come in a smaller bundle, yet underestimate Young Link and you will find yourself gasping for air, pinned at the point of his blade.

It would go a little something like this: (stumbled across this on [pixiv], don't know enough kanji to translate, but I think you can mostly tell what's going on~ ;) Even though it's with TP Link, I think it exemplifies my point quite nicely.

[page 11][page 12] [page 13]

Yeah....Don't mess with Young Link.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
The moment in Ocarina of Time when young Link turns to adult Link was so cool. Adult Link from Ocarina of Time is a tough guy. I like him.
Does not mean Twilight Link is not cool, but the moment from Ocarina of Time will be priceless forever.

A

adlez

The only reason that I'm saying Young Link is because he RUINED HIS FACE WHEN HE GREW UP. Before I got to that part in OoT, the only Adult Link I've ever seen is Twilight Princess Link, who looks just plain awesome. When I saw OoT Adult Link, I was like, "Eww! Go away go away!" I mean, he used to look so cute! Too bad that I won't need to be Young Link for a while, since I'm stuck in the Water Temple. (obviously)

Raise your hand if you thought what I just said was kinda weird-ish. (everyone raises their hand) I knew it!

Young Link for sure!

I just respect Young Link more. It's more impressive that he can do the things that he does, with Adult Link it's much less of a suprise. Especially in TP considering, as Shadsie said, he has been training for what is probably a long time in the way of the sword.

Exactly, he's only 10 and he takes down giant monsters like King Dodongo, with no training in fighting. I've always liked that about Zelda, in most games, Link is a kid and yet he manages to save the world. When I was 10 I loved it that someone my age could do such amazing and brave things, and even now I'm really impressed by the little guy.

I'd say definitely Young Link. What I don't think a lot of people consider is that technically, Adult Link is only a past version of Young Link (ironic as that is~ :P). Young Link has all the experience and skill of Adult Link since it's his own past experience, and ontop of that, if you're to consider the torturously weighty events of MM, I'd say he must have at least three times the experience and skill he did as Adult Link in OoT. He may come in a smaller bundle, yet underestimate Young Link and you will find yourself gasping for air, pinned at the point of his blade.

Exactly again. By the time you get to Majora's Mask, that kid has all the skill he did as an adult and more. And also, as an adult he is mentally a kid still, he just is physically stronger and bigger, which is something I think people forget, and it's easy to forget since he looks grown up.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like both, but I favor Adult Link's voice and at the same time Young Link's acrobatic skills. If you recall in Majora's Mask, he was doing cartwheels and frontflips and all sorts of dangerous things that weren't often seen in all of OoT. But AL's voice is ever so amazing :)

I enjoyed them both but I have to say I'm leaning a bit more toward Adult Link (because I can relate more lol) but in all seriousness, Adult Link could wear more things, use the cooler items (like the bow) and it just felt more believable. But Young Link is always young in Majora's Mask so I HAVE to like him that way too right??? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom