• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Poll: Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

OOT or MM

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Majora's Mask because there's just more to do besides the story than Oot. Plus, with the addition of masks, there's a ton of usable items.

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
I love them both but I chose Ocarina of Time because it was my first Zelda game of all time! It was a blast playing it and it still is. But I love Majora's Mask because of all the different things in the
game. Like the Temple names are completely different from all those average Zelda games. But honestly, you can only choose one. :):)

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Well, here's how I compare Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...

Ocarina of Time was groundbreaking in the time it was released. A 3D Zelda! The game introduced a ton of music that would later become marks of the franchise. Zelda's Lullaby, Song of Storms, and Saria's Song, and the Song of Time being the most notable. The gameplay was good, and compared to MM, the dungeons were far more memorable and superior in design. It was a beautiful game.

HOWEVER. Majora's Mask took OOT's gameplay and only IMPROVED it. And even though it still had good music, such as Clock Town or the Song of Healing, none of the themes became staples to the series. The dungeon design was typically sloppy... at least compared to OOT. 2 out of the 4 dungeons were pretty lackluster... these being Woodfall and Snowhead. The next two, however, were very advanced in design, easily rivaling OOT. But it's still only 2 out of 4... Now here's where MM REALLY shines. The plot. The plot was tragically beautiful, and way better than OOT's generic story. (Not to mention MM's final boss was much less of a disappointment than OOT's) And the characters, unlike those in OOT, really came to life. If any Zelda game should be made into a movie, it's MM.

I think the main reason OOT has so much hype is because it was the first 3D Zelda game. It's groundbreaking! But MM was still a great game, it just didn't have the same feeling of "something new".

If you ask me, Majora's Mask is the better game. You can really connect with those characters around you and with the plot itself. Although, as far as dungeons and overworld segments go... OOT wins. It had better design. And the fact that MM was made in one year is a good excuse for that. So really, what it all comes down to is what the individual player thinks is more important... a compelling story or genius design.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Nope. Too close for me. I first played them both right about the same time, with that collector's edition for GC, and they have both solidified in my mind as the (until recently) best Zelda games ever. In fact, I tend to view them as two sides of the same coin, they both complement one another to form a stellar experience.

So, I would say BOTH!

Z

Zeldakinz

I prefer Ocarina of Time over Majora's Mask. Don't get me wrong, I loved Majora's Mask..but I found it way too difficult. It would've been much better without the 3-day limit. Completing dungeons was very frustrating because you had to worry about the time, plus collecting the stray fairies was a PAIN. Some of them were hard to get...
But I will admit, Ocarina of Time did not have enough sidequests. After beating Majora's Mask, there was plenty to do. Ocarina of Time was boring after beating the main story.
They are both awesome games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom