• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
So why is it suspicious if you think it'd be scummy to push mislynches? The fact that people aren't pushing it should sit well with you, no?

And I personally doubt I'd push that angle as scum, but some people might.

Because it wouldn't be scummy until all four are dead, and by that time we'd know.

If not pushing it means one of us is scum I have no idea how that should sit well with me.

I'd still very much like to know if bulbagarden ever had situations like this but I suppose until I get confirmation either way I'll assume we're all town.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Because it wouldn't be scummy until all four are dead, and by that time we'd know.

If not pushing it means one of us is scum I have no idea how that should sit well with me.

I'd still very much like to know if bulbagarden ever had situations like this but I suppose until I get confirmation either way I'll assume we're all town.
I don't think not pushing it necessarily means that. Scum's job isn't to push mislynches, it's to avoid being lynched themselves. If scum don't get lynched, they win. If they try all game to push mislynches, it can look scummy. If you are scum and your plan entering the game is to push mislynches when you can, you will get caught and you will get lynched. Smart scum probably wouldn't hard push masons just because it can be seen as though one of them might be scum. Smart scum as you noted, also wouldn't push the lynches right out of the gate if one of the masons actually was scum. I don't think people pushing or not pushing the masons says anything about their alignment.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't think not pushing it necessarily means that. Scum's job isn't to push mislynches, it's to avoid being lynched themselves. If scum don't get lynched, they win. If they try all game to push mislynches, it can look scummy. If you are scum and your plan entering the game is to push mislynches when you can, you will get caught and you will get lynched. Smart scum probably wouldn't hard push masons just because it can be seen as though one of them might be scum. Smart scum as you noted, also wouldn't push the lynches right out of the gate if one of the masons actually was scum. I don't think people pushing or not pushing the masons says anything about their alignment.

I understand that yeah, but if they were no scum in any of the four of us but everyone believed there was they could potentially mislynch four townies in a row.

That is like, not a very common opportunity.

Well anyway I suppose this can be brought back up on day four or something if we're all still alive.

funnier6

Courage~
Well everyone's gone so

Vote: A Link In Time

As of right now I'm not sold but I lack better options and feel like doing something.

Somebody say somethingg

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Music- I think if one of the masons is scum it's almost definitely not you, unless you planned everything out from the beginning
You give me to much credit im not bold and Im not smart enoguh to pull that off or I should say cunning. Any wayIm starting to see way people are questioning @Fennie.
@ Jammie Can you post a reads list? In fact can every one post a reads list. If they can.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I trie to post mine to night the rag weed around were I live has a very high consentration so I am fealing a bit tired.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I'll try*

1. @funnier6 READ CLOLOR also sorta gamblers fallcy but he has been mostly scum
  2. @EMIYA Shirou READ CLOLOR
  3. @Storm READ CLOLOR needs to be replaced or mod killed said he would post more day 2 has yet to post anything
  4. @CheffOfGames READ CLOLOR
  5. @Pendio READ CLOLOR needs to post more hasnt post anything of real substance unless I missed something in passing slight scum read due to meta
  6. @A Link In Time READ CLOLOR
  7. @Jamie READ CLOLOR
  8. @Domozilla777 READ CLOLOR my mason buddy
  9. @Minish_Link READ CLOLOR
  10. @AussieEevee READ CLOLOR needs to post more or be modkilled
  11. @musicfan READ CLOLOR
  12. @Feenie READ CLOLOR
  13. @Midorikawa READ CLOLOR so many inactives
  14. @Bok of the Wild READ CLOLOR
  15. @Floppolio READ CLOLOR needs to post a lot more or be mod killed
  16. @Space READ CLOLOR
  17. @Finn Bálor READ CLOLOR so many inactives
  18. @Libk READ CLOLOR
  19. @Lone_Garurumon READ CLOLOR voted mellow day one as a non random vote could have had him killed to creat a WIFOM cituation so putting him at nutral
  20. @DarthWolf READ CLOLOR
  21. @Lilac READ CLOLOR
  22. @Rainami READ CLOLOR read as town but out of the 4 mason claims is the most likely to be scum jsut due to how hands off she is playing
  23. @Kuro READ CLOLOR
Vote: Pendio
Not a fully gone through list the drowzyness is starting to kick in. GN.

funnier6

Courage~
Well everyone's gone so

As of right now I'm not sold but I lack better options and feel like doing something.

Somebody say somethingg

I just remembered I didn't want to vote ALIT today, blast I need to reread everything.

Vote: Feenie

My only other scum lean rn. Btw @musicfan you'll give a more in depth reads list later?

I would also like everyone to give one.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I thank all Masons for answering my questions. Taking what you've said into account, I'm willing to believe you for now. If I had to pick one pair more likely to be scum though, I'd say the funnier/Rainami pair. Masons are incredibly powerful already, so putting powers on top of them makes them even more bull**** game defining. That said though, I am willing to believe both pairs for now.

I find it pretty interesting that all the claimed masons are read differently than their partners? What's up with that?
That list was made by taking only their actions into account, without considering the Mason claim.

All right so we're all definitely masons, still think one of us must be scum.
Literally impossible (unless someone's lying). That's why I asked if you were Masons or Neighbours. Neighbours can be any alignment, but Masons are Town by definition, that's what makes them so crazy powerful. If your title is really "Mason" as you're claiming, then you're Town.

funnier6

Courage~
I dislike all your reads except bok, storm, and feenie.

What on earth do you mean misconstruing your posts? I can think of only one time I could have possibly done something that could seem like "deciding how your post are meant to be read" and I'm pretty sure I said I was wrong.

As for the bok thing, did you even read the rest of that? -deep breath- Idk why you're being a jerk to me but I think you're town blast it.

@EMIYA Shirou I forgot to bring this back up yesterday because I didn't think you answered my questions and I just checked and you didn't.

Explanation please?

Mint Elv

Fish!
Just because I didn't do anything worth noting to you, doesn't mean I didn't do anything. Also, I feel like this whole meta argument has a lot to do with the differences between the two forums. We never have outside chats (unless the roles call for it) nor are we allowed to post at night. Both of those things seem to allow for more specific game solving, whereas the way we play you kind of have to get a feel for how others usually play and apply that to how you read them. So I'm not gonna stop using meta now, because it can be useful.

Also, it was day 1. Not a whole lot you can do on day 1 to "prove" yourself. I made my case about my vote and that's all I felt the need to do then. It obviously cased something to happen, as a lot of the votes on Yiga came after I voted, but sure I didn't do anything.
Possibly on the meta part. You guys probably never had to deal with pure meta defenses and stuff. But it remains that I won't use meta to build cases. The most I use it for is to say that something is not alignment indicative.

And this may seem strange, but there are honestly only a few that truly use OC a lot in game solving. I do most of my solving in thread and don't particularly mind using OC or not. If we were bmg from a few years ago then it would be complete OC. But this current bmg and the players here actually do a lot of in thread.

Meta isn't necessary to get a feel for players. I able to get a feel for players without using it. Like MEz I feel like they are the kind of player I just always want to lynch because they feel like the kind that jokes more than necessary or has more just frustrating posts regardless of alignment.
And there is no excuse for the past D1. It was busy and when D1 is busy then it is only slightly less than D2, just like D2 is slightly less than D3, because we gain a lynch and nightkill for each new day phase. That's the only difference. If it was a dead D1, then I would agree, but it wasn't.
I believed Yiga was 100% mislynch bait and that absolutely no information would be gained from his lynch, so I vote someone who I believe I will get information from which happens to be Mez.
Why? And these are the kinds of things from you that disturb me. How is Mez a better candidate than Yiga when both were just no real case. And why doesn't Yiga give us information?

On a random note I keep typing Mex instead of MEz
I did read it, possibly misunderstood you.
Yeah that happens at times. That's why we talk things out in mafias.
Well they're not scum slips so your scum hunting doesn't appear to be working.
....Scum would say that. It's how the other players read you and not how you read yourself. You should try to read yourself as another player to get a feel for how much you're doing wrong or right.
...I think this is a slight town lean but you have a weird style so need to see more.
Yes. It is the style of Midorikawa.
I didn't actually want anyone to claim to them. That was bull****. I said multiple times on that page specifically not to claim to them until further notice.
You didn't say anything until I said something about it and pushed you on it.
So this unique way, correct me if I'm wrong but did this have to do with receiving your roles at the same time? Because if so that's the same way we got it.

We we given ours at the same time also so I belive your claim.
Okay this only proves that you guys are the same alignment as your partners not that you're both masons and both town.

I'm assuming Zexy sent out the roles or a decent amount, since he sent me mine and you guys mentioned this. Zexy likes to put roles together. He does the same thing for mafia, so mafia could do so and easily guess masons are the same. He gets lazy with role PMs.

Don't deny it love @Zexy :p
I just looked them up to be absolutely sure, but actually I don't think it matters who the characters are, they wouldn't want us to realize our partner is mafia so they would use characters you would think are town. (It's really creepy thinking your partner might secretly be mafia)

I've only read one game with a mafia town pairing and both characters seemed like town.

Starting on that reads list now.
If they didn't want you to realize if your partner is mafia, then the roles would not be sent together.
Midorikawa- You seem like a really hard person to read and you seem utterly confident in yourself. Slight town read so far.
Oh look we're on bmg! Prepare for the paranoia of trying to guess my alignment. >:)
My idea of what's normal has already been upset by there being two mason pairs in the game, I have no idea what the average roles are like on bulbagarden so I'd like to know if any of them have seen it before. @Midorikawa @Kuro @DarthWolf @Space
NOPE! We're as baffled shocked as you. We've seen lovers and neighbors and masons galore but this is strange. LG asking you guys to be more specific is because this is strange.
I think you're way off here. I can't see why scum would counter claim mason like this. If the real masons were to ever flip for any reason, it would make them look very very bad. His highposting and analysis seems pretty legitimate to me, too.
.............This contradicts itself. We have two different mason claims. So if one flips then will you lynch one? You're clearing them, but also saying a flip would make one side suspicious.

The fact is by clearing them, if one flips, we just go, oh well, and leave the other alone because we decide they're not mafia. It is a possible mafia ploy, a dangerous one, but a good one if they pull it off. And we've seen crazy mafia ploys on BMG.
I also heavily disagree with you on meta. Meta can be very useful and has been in the past. It's not the be all end all, but it's useful.
And I heavily disagree because I've played with the meta king.
Well everyone's gone so

Somebody say somethingg
What do you think of his supposed soft claim whereever it is.
Literally impossible (unless someone's lying). That's why I asked if you were Masons or Neighbours. Neighbours can be any alignment, but Masons are Town by definition, that's what makes them so crazy powerful. If your title is really "Mason" as you're claiming, then you're Town.

Actually masons are just same alignment. Neighbors can be different alignments. And we know lovers can as well.

I do like the push on @Feenie

However I don't think she's a good push today. She mentioned internet issues, so it might be better to push after confirmation of more stable internet.

@Space is generally more inactive than Feenie but on an important note, she is quite possibly having the same issues. So it may be difficult seeing much of anything from them currently.

Who the flip is Finn Balok? I see them on the players list.

Speaking of @SoaringDylan Can you please update the player list to reflect deaths and subs.

UNVOTE: Funnier6
VOTE: Libk

They may have been someone I don't like. I still don't like link but I'm curious if anyone caught his softclaim.

And please let me know if I use wrong pronouns at anytime.

And funnier is slightly looking better. I also just don't feel he's worth the push currently.

funnier6

Courage~
Possibly on the meta part. You guys probably never had to deal with pure meta defenses and stuff. But it remains that I won't use meta to build cases. The most I use it for is to say that something is not alignment indicative.

And this may seem strange, but there are honestly only a few that truly use OC a lot in game solving. I do most of my solving in thread and don't particularly mind using OC or not. If we were bmg from a few years ago then it would be complete OC. But this current bmg and the players here actually do a lot of in thread.

Meta isn't necessary to get a feel for players. I able to get a feel for players without using it. Like MEz I feel like they are the kind of player I just always want to lynch because they feel like the kind that jokes more than necessary or has more just frustrating posts regardless of alignment.
And there is no excuse for the past D1. It was busy and when D1 is busy then it is only slightly less than D2, just like D2 is slightly less than D3, because we gain a lynch and nightkill for each new day phase. That's the only difference. If it was a dead D1, then I would agree, but it wasn't.

Why? And these are the kinds of things from you that disturb me. How is Mez a better candidate than Yiga when both were just no real case. And why doesn't Yiga give us information?

On a random note I keep typing Mex instead of MEz

Yeah that happens at times. That's why we talk things out in mafias.

....Scum would say that. It's how the other players read you and not how you read yourself. You should try to read yourself as another player to get a feel for how much you're doing wrong or right.

Yes. It is the style of Midorikawa.

You didn't say anything until I said something about it and pushed you on it.

Okay this only proves that you guys are the same alignment as your partners not that you're both masons and both town.

I'm assuming Zexy sent out the roles or a decent amount, since he sent me mine and you guys mentioned this. Zexy likes to put roles together. He does the same thing for mafia, so mafia could do so and easily guess masons are the same. He gets lazy with role PMs.

Don't deny it love @Zexy :p

If they didn't want you to realize if your partner is mafia, then the roles would not be sent together.

Oh look we're on bmg! Prepare for the paranoia of trying to guess my alignment. >:)

NOPE! We're as baffled shocked as you. We've seen lovers and neighbors and masons galore but this is strange. LG asking you guys to be more specific is because this is strange.

.............This contradicts itself. We have two different mason claims. So if one flips then will you lynch one? You're clearing them, but also saying a flip would make one side suspicious.

The fact is by clearing them, if one flips, we just go, oh well, and leave the other alone because we decide they're not mafia. It is a possible mafia ploy, a dangerous one, but a good one if they pull it off. And we've seen crazy mafia ploys on BMG.

And I heavily disagree because I've played with the meta king.

What do you think of his supposed soft claim whereever it is.

Actually masons are just same alignment. Neighbors can be different alignments. And we know lovers can as well.

I do like the push on @Feenie

However I don't think she's a good push today. She mentioned internet issues, so it might be better to push after confirmation of more stable internet.

@Space is generally more inactive than Feenie but on an important note, she is quite possibly having the same issues. So it may be difficult seeing much of anything from them currently.

Who the flip is Finn Balok? I see them on the players list.

Speaking of @SoaringDylan Can you please update the player list to reflect deaths and subs.

UNVOTE: Funnier6
VOTE: Libk

They may have been someone I don't like. I still don't like link but I'm curious if anyone caught his softclaim.

And please let me know if I use wrong pronouns at anytime.

And funnier is slightly looking better. I also just don't feel he's worth the push currently.

Do you think you could possibly break this up into more than one post or use spoilers again? Takes forever to scroll through.

I did have a real case on Mez, (not a particularly good one) and I would have gotten information out of it, though that would involve the use of meta and his interactions with ZD people so I see why you don't see it. (Just realized that wasn't your question) We have no information from yigas lynch because he had next to no interactions with anyone and posted zero reads, so dissecting the wagon was the only way to salvage information and that wasn't very much.

Why yes, scum would say that, and on a completely redundant note, wouldn't town also say that? I only do that when I'm scum, I could care less what other players think when I'm town unless I'm using it to determine their alignment.

Maybe I'm being paranoid since I've never been in this situation before but if I were the host I would've pmed a second role pm with their true role and alignment? Otherwise I suppose we are all town.

Okay, glad this is weird for everybody, I was feeling in the dark.

That's why I voted feenie instead, I had forgotten about his soft claim up to then and I'm meaning to go back and reread him. (Man replying to this is taking forever!)

I had forgotten about feenie saying she had internet problems too, but I'm still okay voting her for now since we have a lot of time for her to come back.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Maybe I'm being paranoid since I've never been in this situation before but if I were the host I would've pmed a second role pm with their true role and alignment? Otherwise I suppose we are all town.
Thing is you're not host. Hosts are SoaringDylan and DekuNut. And apparently Zexy is doing something as well. MOD or something. But I know he sent my role PM, and you haven't denied him sending yours so it's just a typical Zexy thing.

It however does not make both pairs town. He sends all of mafia their roles at once too. The only thing it proves is that you guys are on the same team.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@EMIYA Shirou I forgot to bring this back up yesterday because I didn't think you answered my questions and I just checked and you didn't.

Explanation please?
Misconstrue: to interpret (something, especially a person's words or actions) wrongly.

The game has since moved on from that (as well as my own interpretations) due to the Mason claims, so I don't see much of a point getting sidetracked by what should be a mutual misunderstanding. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom