• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I figured you'd be more inclined to find the scum on the wagon than who possibly might be scum that wasn't on the wagon. Assuming Lilac gets lynched today (which I don't see how she won't at this point) what order would you vote the other 6 people on the wagon? I posted my order, I wish more people had posted theirs.

I think this is a good idea. It would be helpful if everyone posted their list of the rest of the people on Pendio's wagon. We have a vig, so if there's a consensus on the most suspicious person, the vig could just use a shot on them.

I'm going to leave Emiya off of my list, because we have to assume he's telling the truth for this to even matter. Music as well, since he's confirmed at this point.

My list would be: Space, Midorikawa, Lone, Rainami

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I think this is a good idea. It would be helpful if everyone posted their list of the rest of the people on Pendio's wagon. We have a vig, so if there's a consensus on the most suspicious person, the vig could just use a shot on them.

I'm going to leave Emiya off of my list, because we have to assume he's telling the truth for this to even matter. Music as well, since he's confirmed at this point.

I agree that the vig should shoot space and prove that they are vig we have evidence based on thars claim.

funnier6

Courage~

Me and Rainy are pretty much cleared by the oracle.

Mine would be: Space, Lone, midori/minish

...I'm pretty sure you voted him anyway.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Me and Rainy are pretty much cleared by the oracle.

Mine would be: Space, Lone, midori/minish

...I'm pretty sure you voted him anyway.

I didn't actually vote for him.
But I kept rainami on there because it's not 100% totally confirmed, though I did put her last because of that though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@EMIYA Shirou Did you intentionally ignore me or did you just not see my post?
I've been busy. Heck, my post in the other game thread was done at a Sonic drive-through, if you must know. =P

I figured you'd be more inclined to find the scum on the wagon than who possibly might be scum that wasn't on the wagon. Assuming Lilac gets lynched today (which I don't see how she won't at this point) what order would you vote the other 6 people on the wagon? I posted my order, I wish more people had posted theirs.

1. Midorikawa - Claimed 2x Role Cop. Should we believe her?
2. musicfan - Practically confirmed.
3. EMIYA Shirou - Definitely super scummy.
4. Rainami - Practically confirmed.
5. Lone_Garurumon - More aggressive since coming back. Scumtell?
6. Space - Probably our best bet.

If I had to do a 3x3 then:

Town:
  • musicfan
  • Rainami
  • EMIYA Shirou
Mafia:
  • Space
  • Midorikawa
  • Lone_Garurumon

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Oh yeah, and Bok, I somehow overlooked you before. Why didn't you place your vote on the Pendio lynch? If I remember correctly, you claimed to be an Oracle, which can go on any alignment really. As Town you're an invaluable asset, but as Mafia you'd be an unprecedented threat, even enough to break fakeclaims. So I'm wondering if there's a specific reason you didn't jump on it.

D

Deleted member 14134

I've been busy. Heck, my post in the other game thread was done at a Sonic drive-through, if you must know. =P
All good, I saw you responded to other stuff earlier so I just wasn't sure.

Oh yeah, and Bok, I somehow overlooked you before. Why didn't you place your vote on the Pendio lynch? If I remember correctly, you claimed to be an Oracle, which can go on any alignment really. As Town you're an invaluable asset, but as Mafia you'd be an unprecedented threat, even enough to break fakeclaims. So I'm wondering if there's a specific reason you didn't jump on it.
No, I didn't claim oracle publicly, only privately though OC. I'm curious where you heard that from though. I guess there's no point in denying it now that it's out there though.

My honest answer is I lost a lot of motivation that game day due to the thread getting derailed and drama directed towards me. I didn't even read the thread until the day had ended and Pendio had been lynched. maybe you wanted a better more game specific answer but that's the truth.

Either way you look at it, there is apparently one maifa on the pendio wagon and then 2-3 in the other half of the living players assuming there are 5 or 6 scum like someone said earlier (think it was midori) so I don't think everyone not jumping on it was a bad thing necessarily.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
No, I didn't claim oracle publicly, only privately though OC. I'm curious where you heard that from though. I guess there's no point in denying it now that it's out there though.
Well, musicfan brought it up earlier and I just kind put two and two together based on something he said in OC.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Who I think may be scum on that wagon and why.

Midorikawa: I don't think so. I've explained about her role before (2 scum rolecops unlikely, no CCs), and that she looks good for that role, and a lot of what she's said seems solid. Honestly though Mido's a really tough read regardless of alignment.

musicfam: Confirmed Mason. Ludicrously unlikely

Lilac: Well we all saw where this went.

EMIYA Shirou: Also rather unlikely, given that he's the one who gave us this intel. It could just be a fakeclaim to throw us at each others' throats, but I don't think so, since he's been committing to this hard with those early softs. The part that's niggling me a bit though is how odd the role combo is, since the roles look to be pretty standard so far (all the backups is a tad weird but I'm willing to chalk those up to trying to fill a 25p game).

Rainami: Probable Mason. Very unlikely.

Lone_Garurumon: Absolute scum, just the worst. Lynch him right here and now.

Space: Again, I don't think so. What I read of her content seems rather solid. Really, what's the lynch logic here? A complete thought post can be found: Here

All in all I'm really not certain on which of the others could be scum. If I had to pick someone it'd probably be Mido, because she's just so hard to nail down generally, but I'm not really certain either way.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Space: Again, I don't think so. What I read of her content seems rather solid. Really, what's the lynch logic here? A complete thought post can be found: Here

Well if you believe Emiya, than at least one of those people have to be scum. I'll lay out my reasoning again for Space, and reply to your post about them along the way.

Talking about the votes on me, says that it feels out of proportion and takes a look at the people voting on me. I feel like scum would've been advocating for, or at least indifferent towards, my lynch. Feenie also defended me, but Feenie defended me near the end of the day and I'm pretty sure this was in the middle, while the heat was still on me, which makes me feel better about them.
Well Lone_Gararumon seems suspicious, for reasons stated.
I agree with this. I looked back and the votes on Lone_Gararumon were out of proportion and honestly, I liked that Lone_Garurumon was trying to get things serious even if it made him seem like he over-reacted.

These two posts are contradictory and go against your defense of Space. First Space said that you seemed suspicious for reasons other people had already stated. Then once people started to back off of you, they changed their opinion and said the votes on you were out of proportion and they liked what you were trying to do. This goes with my overall thought that Space is just going with whatever the popular opinion is at the time to try and blend in and gain town cred.

Taking about ALiT and how they looked to them. I'm not sure why, but this feels like something I should mention. I'm not really sure how I feel about their actions on this though.

On a similar note, I feel like those who jumped on that wagon are worth looking at. I still believe it's easier for scum to stand back when a wagon is forming, but it would also make sense if at least 1 scum went on the wagon. In that case I can see it being one who's going with the flow and/or with weak reasoning.
Rainami just went with it for no given reason, but that's why I think it's less likely for them to be scum. A Link in Time gave the illusion of a reason by basically just agreeing with past reasoning. Doesn't help that A Link in Time looked back in thread and pretty much only said they find Feenie to be townly through one post.
I agree with that. but it's the way you went about it that strikes me as scummy, I said that in my post. Also didn't help that you did it again by going with voting YIGA though you've now unvoted so it no longer matters. You definitely seem more town to me now - I like the effort you've put in and how you're actually giving these wagons some thought.
I gave my reasoning on why I found A Link in Time scummier over Rainami. I missed Rainami's reason but when I thought they gave no reason, I found ALIT scummier because they gave the illusion of providing a reason. It seemed like a "blending in" tactic.

Their actions regarding ALIT seemed odd to me as well. First they start out by saying that they feel like the scum on the wagon could be whoever was just going with the flow and/or with weak reasoning. (Which again, I think applies to Space, so there's an interesting connection there) So they list Rainami and ALIT as the two who look like they were doing that. The reasoning for Rainami was that she had no reason for her vote (which was later clarified as being wrong, but it still doesn't discount that Space thought that), and the reasoning for ALIT is that he agreed with what others were saying and didn't add much of his own evidence. And somehow with all of that, Space comes out with ALIT being the most suspicious. Which is just weird to me, because no reasoning seems scummier than agreeing with the things other people have already pointed out.

A list of reads with practically zero justification beyond a couple. They scumread Pendio though, and this was back when Pendio hadn't come under heat yet, so that looks good for them.

Now I'm going to elaborate on my scum reads: Pendio hasn't done too much, and that last minute vote on Feenie (that didn't count ofc since it was after the update) reads like scum bussing at the last second in an attempt to seem towny. Minish_Link has tried to downplay/backtrack a few times. First, when Mellow Ezlo was killed and Minish_Link said:

I've already partially responded to this point. I think at the time it would have been easy for Space to place a scumbud in their scum reads for town cred later on, especially when Pendio wasn't really under much pressure at the time so Space could come back later if he was and say they were suspicious of him as well. I've also explained the part about their suspicion on me, as I found it to be really reaching for something after I had put them as one of my scum leans.

Voting Darth for a pretty fair reason, he's been very absent this game. Could just be the different forum, but he's still not doing much.
While we're talking about him: @DarthWolf you got anything to say?

Then there's DarthWolf who has not done anything besides make some commentary with no true substance. Normally I'd say it's useless to go after inactives, but in a game of this size, I'm willing to bet there's at least one inactive scum. DarthWolf appearing some times is like a lurking scum trying to seem like they're paying attention.

I was purely neutral on Floppolio before, I did not like Flop's read list - it was pretty weak in overall reasoning. They've drifted by and placed a vote on Lone_Garurumon with not much reasoning and then has disappeared since. Not to mention it would go along with the thinking of one scum is likely inactive - in that case, I'm laying low off DarthWolf for now.

The reasoning Space gives for suspecting Darth, sounds a lot like what Space has been doing this whole game. Not very active, and pops in just at the right time to place their vote and give a little bit of "reasoning" and then says nothing the rest of the day. Plus they voted for Darth and Floppolio for pretty much the same reasons. Why not just stick to trying to pressure one of them? It seems like an easy tactic for scum to keep trying to get town to push the lynch of inactives purely for that fact alone, since there were already a few votes on Floppolio at that time.

Voting Pendio for pretty solid reasons overall.

Unvote: Floppolio

with how this phase has been going, I think a lynch is exactly what we need to get everyone's head back in the game. Through that we'll be able to actually analyze and scumhunt in thread. (this probably seems obvious but yeah I'm saying it because OC isn't going to get everything done) And I think the best bet is Pendio not just because it's the wagon/what others have been saying. But because 1) it fits with the at least one inactive scum. 2) hasn't done anything, I put him as scum on my reads anyway so I'm good with this. 3) since he hasn't really done anything substantial it could be helpful to look back and see if anyone has defended him for seemingly no reason, and/or with the few interaction he's had, has anything seemed off? It'll give us something to look at anyway.

Vote: Pendio

I don't think their reasons for voting Pendio were "pretty solid". They pretty much just restated what everyone else at that point had already said. Plus, like I said, they bring up the fact that they already had Pendio on their scum reads, so they were okay with it. Easy way to place suspicion early in the game, go without putting any pressure on them at all (despite leaning scum for him, Space never voted for Pendio before this moment), and then when they're too far gone to be saved, place a vote on them.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Space just isn't active overall even on bmg. And people keep saying meta helps so there's some meta for you.

True her comments on LG are strange and are like Feenies, but outside f that her thoughts are solid, and I can understand where she's coming from. Feenie on the other hand had been much stranger and unusual.

And the fact that she backed off Darth might be because she probably realized he's just unusually inactive in this game regardless of alignment, or it could be after he requested a sub, at least I think he did.

Her Pendio thoughts aren't strange to me either. He was pretty under the radar u till the Feenie vote, and that's when he really popped out, at least to me. That vote made him pretty obvious, and she did point out partially what's wrong with it. If she was mafia then why put attention on his vote and not one of the other poor Feenie votes.

Also please if you plan on lunching or shooting me-BUILD A CASE BIT BASED SOLELY ON MY ROLE. I legit haven't seen an actual case built on me at all and it's irritating. And the only talk is of my role. Nothing on opinions or actions like lunching Pendio. People keep putting me to be lynched or whatnot, but no one is building anything to defend against. Same with LG. Heck it's basically "Emiya couldn't be lying" which is disturbing because his is pretty easy to fake. Mine can only be faked if Soace or Flop had contact with me beforehand, both are mafia, or Feenie checked one night one. But of course where's the logic in outing flop if she's mafia?

I also think it might be best to just have the vig shoot inactives we think could. E mafia just to get them out f the way and space is at least somewhat more active then all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom