• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
GG

Best of luck to the Mafia! ^^
Dude, you really had me confused. Like, claiming the same role as me, what are the odds lol? Well played, good sir.

Jamie, there are split roles in this game; just look at Storm.

Midori, I can post the results Tomorrow (assuming I'm still alive).

Reactions: Pen

Rainami

locked away
Please don't. It's hard yes. But please don't because we don't need more inactivity. And if you persevere then hopefully we can make this game fun again.
I really do feel ****ty about this situation, I really do.

I'm conflicted. I already said I'd sub out, I hate changing my mind like this. I'm far from convinced it's a good idea anyway. What if I joined again, only for the situation to repeat itself? What if I'm part of the issue in the first place? Even if I'm not, would me joining again be enough to save it? The game has gotten unhealthily tense.

after staring at my computer screen for nearly an hour trying to figure out how to end this post...I'm still gonna say no. I'm sorry.

Musicfan

the shadow mage

I'm conflicted. I already said I'd sub out, I hate changing my mind like this. I'm far from convinced it's a good idea anyway. What if I joined again, only for the situation to repeat itself? What if I'm part of the issue in the first place? Even if I'm not, would me joining again be enough to save it? The game has gotten unhealthily tense.

after staring at my computer screen for nearly an hour trying to figure out how to end this post...I'm still gonna say no. I'm sorry.
its ok rain I dont think your the problem we just are not used to OC chat on ZD

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
why has pendio been scummy anyway? you havent explained it. you literally said "pendio has been scummy"
Look, I've explained my vote. I ISO'd Pendio and said what I didn't like about his posts, and other people have explained their views. To say that there's been no justification is a lie.

@Lone_Garurumon Can you confirm that you targeted Pendio on N2 before you subbed back in?
Sorry EMIYA, I'd like to help, but the old Lone_Garurumon is dead. My thoughts may be the same, but I'm a different slot who never got contacted by the old Lone, I shouldn't know what I did. I'm not going to give out info I shouldn't have.

okay, so EMIYA how the **** are you an x-shot sensor and an x-shot jailkeeper this just seems weird

like i feel confident youre town but your role is just confusing
Sounds like a JOAT. And odd JOAT I'll admit, but if he's only got two roles it's kinda fair for one to have more shots.

Well I was obviously dead wrong about Pendio (the three jail keeper claims pinged me but I was ready to believe anything at this point)

His scum game really is very like his town. (Which I now realize)

Because I make reads based on behavior and everyone's behavior is affected by OC and claims that I can't account for.
This is why meta reads aren't be-all end-all. You need to look at actions based on what they are, not based on who posted them. I'll admit that meta can have its advantages, but you can't forget basic scumhunting.

Darth isn't very trusted oc. He once stabbed a whole game in the back. And another he was kind. I think both were nonmafia though. I know the backstabbing one was.
He's done it in both. He stabbed a non-mafia alliance in the back, then he scumsided as Survivor and decided the outcome from that, then he managed to deceive the whole game as Godfather and win it for scum. It's true, Darth is a good player that you've gotta be careful around.

Don't worry Rain, you're not part of the problem.
It's your choice in the end what you want to do though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Sorry EMIYA, I'd like to help, but the old Lone_Garurumon is dead. My thoughts may be the same, but I'm a different slot who never got contacted by the old Lone, I shouldn't know what I did. I'm not going to give out info I shouldn't have.
Yeah, it doesn't matter now since Pendio turned up as scum. Just wanted to double-check.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Alright, I'm just going to say I don't have any issues with people using OC at all. I feel like others are misconstruing our problems with the OC. I do think it can be useful in some aspects, but not when people are gathering information outside the thread and then using that information to make their votes without discussing why. I can't be swayed to see your opinion if all you do is say that some claims aren't matching up and then place a vote. Surely others can understand our frustrations here. Especially as the people voicing this opinion seem to be the only ones not involved in OCs.

And I don't see how it can be said that I'm not trying just because I'm expressing dislike for the way OC is being used. It's pretty clear that I've been actively keeping up with the game, posting my thoughts/opinions, and trying to find stuff that I find suspicious just based on what people have stated. But I feel like that doesn't even matter anymore, as people have information that may contradict my evidence for voting someone, so they're just not going to pay attention and do their own thing. I'm trying to adapt to this the best I can (we're not used to posting at night either, but we're still trying it out), but I can only do so much.

I wasn't around for Pendio and Emiya's claims so obviously that would have influenced my thoughts a lot more. I just didn't feel like the case on him before then was very strong, especially as he hadn't even said anything in the longest time. Not denying that others didn't have reasons to vote for him, it's just I wasn't very convinced. Obviously I was wrong about that.

D

Deleted member 14134

Alright boys, while I was a little dejected do to recent events I realized that you people call me the hero you deserve for a reason and therefore I have thought of a way to utilize OC that will guarantee a town victory. What everyone has to do is pm me a picture of their role pms. I know this sounds crazy but it everyone does it then the mods will have no choice but to modkill each and every one of you leaving me the last player alive and sealing victory for town. Now I stress that everyone has to do this for it to work and the people who don't do it will look extremely scummy and will be going on my watch list.

Kuro

caw
Alright, I'm just going to say I don't have any issues with people using OC at all. I feel like others are misconstruing our problems with the OC. I do think it can be useful in some aspects, but not when people are gathering information outside the thread and then using that information to make their votes without discussing why. I can't be swayed to see your opinion if all you do is say that some claims aren't matching up and then place a vote. Surely others can understand our frustrations here. Especially as the people voicing this opinion seem to be the only ones not involved in OCs.

And I don't see how it can be said that I'm not trying just because I'm expressing dislike for the way OC is being used. It's pretty clear that I've been actively keeping up with the game, posting my thoughts/opinions, and trying to find stuff that I find suspicious just based on what people have stated. But I feel like that doesn't even matter anymore, as people have information that may contradict my evidence for voting someone, so they're just not going to pay attention and do their own thing. I'm trying to adapt to this the best I can (we're not used to posting at night either, but we're still trying it out), but I can only do so much.

The thing is, everyone agrees that's a problem. What do you do about it? How do you deal with a player that's not sharing their thoughts and reasons, regardless of where they came from? Do you complain about an info difference, or do you pressure them and insist on an explanation?

Again, so make them spill it. You're not obligated to follow them either just because they have info that may contradict or outweigh your evidence/reasons, but it falls to you to question them for that info. You're exactly right that you can't be swayed to see their opinion/thoughts/case, but you can also make them give you what you need to be convinced. Ignore them and pressure them until they talk. Why is this any different from a cop/tracker/mason/any role that could have info of their own in NOC and refuse to share it? Would you just cry info imbalance then?

What's been bothering us is not people disliking the way OC has been used. We all do, because it's a common misuse. It's people just sitting there and complaining about players having info they don't while others have been acting to get that info from said players. In thread. And getting it.
Challenge the players acting poorly and make them fill the gaps rather than just ranting about info imbalance. Look at the people who were questioning Shirou, those who were questioning Garu. Surely others can understand our frustrations here?

Nobody's bothered that you still need to adapt to a completely new system. People were bothered by those who just sit and talk about how info difference makes the game unplayable and unfun without doing anything about the problem while others have been. We've all been keeping up, posting thoughts, and trying to make reads and find posts and actions that we find suspicious. I and others will always question any case or push without enough information behind it. But it's irritating to see others talk about how they can't play the game like this while having done little or nothing to help.

Alright boys, while I was a little dejected do to recent events I realized that you people call me the hero you deserve for a reason and therefore I have thought of a way to utilize OC that will guarantee a town victory. What everyone has to do is pm me a picture of their role pms. I know this sounds crazy but it everyone does it then the mods will have no choice but to modkill each and every one of you leaving me the last player alive and sealing victory for town. Now I stress that everyone has to do this for it to work and the people who don't do it will look extremely scummy and will be going on my watch list.

C8tkaig.gif

....And I'm probably just going to request this game be cut short if it's decayed to this.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
is it really a shock that when people are employing an inherently unfun tactic like follow the leader and send him your roles that people's wim will drop as a result?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Like I gain nothing from this game except for self satisfaction from winning. If people are making the journey to me winning less fun then it will overall just not be worth the wim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom