• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Playing With The Happy Mask Children

In Majora's Mask, before the final battle, you are presented with four optional mini-dungeons based on the four different transformations in the game. These allow you to acquire the Fierce Deities Mask. Which one did you enjoy the most? Human, Deku, Zora, Goron?

200px-Inside_the_Moon.png

I haven't played these stages in a few years, but I didn't think I would find them that difficult. My friend and I played on the Goron Stage for a good amount of time attempting to get the piece of heart, and found it extremely FRUSTRATING. :mad: I don't usually have trouble with much in any of the 3D titles, yet for some reason I found myself stuck on this for almost a good 45 minutes. I found myself thinking that this was what hell for me is like. Being forced to roll around tediously over and over forever. That would be hell to me. :devil:

0.jpg

Did anyone have a problem with this area? Or am I just losing all my gaming abilities all together?

I never really got/attempt to get the Feirce Deity Mask for I never got the couple's mask, but I would have to say, 45 minutes on a part is not stuck. There are worse times. I spent hours looking for the Eldin Bridge, for example. That added up to about a day and a half in total time. 45 minutes is not really considered stuck. Especialy if you know what you need to do.

@lex MM

The Lurker
Human? Whatever.....

These stages weren't so diffuicult. I liked that Zora game, where you have to find that kid. Awesome, although it was quite hard. And hated the Goron stage. Rolling and rolling and rolling and then falling and falling again.....Ugh.

Mute

一員
Well, I had a bit of trouble with the Goron area, but I never got stuck on it and I just kept trying until I got the Peice of Heart then finished it. The rest of it, however, was a breeze. However, I think my main trouble with the Goron part was accidentally letting go of A or hitting a ramp sideways since I never seem to be able to hold at a control stick completely straight angle. Along with that, sometimes I'd twitch and take a 90 degree turn into the massive pit. Although, it's been awhile since I've played, so I can't specify on what made it give me any trouble other than what I've already said.

E

edman1123

When I was a kid, I didn't bother gathering all the masks and doing the mini-dungeons. It was only when I played through it a couple years later that I collected all the masks and gotten the Fierce Diety's mask.

The mask itself is incredibly fantastically awesome and should make a reapearence IMO.

Kybyrian

Thought it took me a few tries to actually do the Goron area right, but I have to say that it was definitely my favorite. I loved that rolling and the challenge that it presented over the others. The other ones were fun, but I didn't find them near as fun as the Goron one. They weren't quite as hard as the Goron part was, either. I like a good challenge while still being able to have good fun.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The first few times I played through MM I assumed you had to do the mini dungeons before being allowed to fight Majora (therefore needing at least 10 masks aside from the transformation masks to complete the game). Ever since I discovered you aren't required to do the dungeons I usually just bypass them and go straight to the Majora kid.

To answer the topic question, my favorite is probably the Goron one even though it can easily be the most frustrating of the 4.

Beeker

Wild Card
The Goron one was also very challenging for me. It took at least 3 hours for me to figure out how to properly roll. I think, compared to the other ones, that one is my favourite.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The Goron stage was indeed a wicked one. I found it to be one of the harder parts of the game oddly enough. Definitely harder than any boss for number of retry attempts (sadly). You have to get the angle just right to hit the chests and roll properly, and even aiming 1 degree off throws you into the pits. The timing of the turns is brutal as well. Overall, I found the Goron "driving" controlls to be sloppy -- not as tight as I wanted them to be, but the seection proved how hard it was to navigate in rolling mode. I was at it for maybe 45 minutes as well.

The funny thing is, if you're not going for the heart piece, it's a LOT easier. I managed to walk part of it as Link once I got over the main jumps.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Ugh I hated the Goron stage since I'm a person who has to get everything no matter what.It is indeed easier if your not wanting the heart piece since trying to get the heart piece does take some tries,you just got to time everything right on the Goron stage and when you do its easy.Out of all the other stages I have to say that the Goron stage was the hardest.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I had a very frustrating time with that mini-dungeon because I couldn't seem to turn at just the right time. Eventually around the 15th try I got it. but I enjoyed the zora one the most when you shoot through those tubes

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
LOL WOW! My favorite was the Goron area. I like balancing and racing as fast as one can possibly go over very thin areas and turning sharply and almost impossibly expecting to not fall off over the edge. It was great.
I hated the Deku area. But I hated everything with the Deku Link. It was just boring. Oh, yay, let's be a little fairy boy and fly around on flowers! Uh...I do that in real life. NO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom