• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wind Waker Played Through Wind Waker HD, It Was Great. But Skyward Sword is Better!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Both are low on my list if I must insist, I prefer to keep some cabinets dedicated to SS and TWW. Both games have thier perks and quirks, but that's only natural.

I like SS, but FI holding your hand killed it and the motion control too. I gained muscle playing SS a lot but I do prefer standard controls in zelda games

How hard were you flingin that wiimote around? Lol

Anyway I like SS it was pretty good, but being as I played WW first I have many complaints in a comparison. First and foremost being that the sky is a cheap rip-off of the ocean. I get that it wasn't meant to be as big or as content-packed but it definitely lacked the appeal of exploration. I only found myself going to the islands as I destroyed Goddess Cubes... and that's really all there was. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the falling game (forget what it's called) but I did not enjoy the pumpkin place (also forget what it's called)

I did not enjoy flying the bird as much as I was hoping I would, if you are trying to play the game sitting down, twisting your wrist downward is not an easy task, and if anyone wants to yell at me for not playing the game standing up go ahead. I do not want to play my Zelda standing up, sorry. Dodging octorok bullets and going through those speed-rock things was not as satisfying as jumping over barrels for rupees, fighting Giant Octos or shooting fish with your bow and arrow.

Besides the bird-flying, I actually have no qualms with the motion controls, they were probably the best part of the game, though I prefer a traditional controller.

As far as the dungeons go, SS wins in that department but only because of the Ancient Cistern and Lanayru Desert (which just barely didn't make the cut into my Zelda Dungeons Top 5) In SS I didn't feel the sense of exploration in other Zeldas, I felt claustrophobic. I know that each area was decent in size but the fact that that was it and I couldn't leave without going back to the sky just pissed me off, frankly.

Anyway that's my rant hope you enjoyed

I enjoyed it. Wouldnt play it twice though. Its flaws to me are too big to enjoy it. Its all perception anyways. To each his own. Skyward suck. *leaves*

As for TWW i really liked it. I can actually look at link when im bored. Just apin the C stick look at his face and laugh. This silly looking kid is on such a grand adventure. I love it. I replayed the original since Im waiting on a game to sell me the WiiU. I still dont find the triforce hunt tedious. You dont need to get it all in one sitting. Find some gold. Get a bigger wallet hunt for heart pieces. Dont make an open world linear and then complain about it. Sorry. Went off the radar there lol

Last edited:
It's a fair comment. SS and WW are both are not the best Zelda games by a long shot. But in saying that both have their charm.

Some personal opinions:

- I personally prefer the looks of WWGC over WWHD.
- The SS motion controls worked for the most part. Only a few times they broke down. Most notably in the mine cart race mini-game for the heart piece. That was an exercise in do your best and hope the game did what you told it to.
- I think the SS aesthetics and overall look was great. Especially how they used that nice effect for distant buildings.
- The SS NPCs all looked horrible to me.
- I didn't like the WW cel shading originally but now I can see that it works well. Still not a fan but it works for the most part.
- WW does this better but SS does it to a degree too. I really felt a connection with all the NPCs. I really felt their back stories and wanted to help them. Putting this into contest, the most NPC driven Zelda game MM, I feel WW in this respect is on par with MM.
- The dungeons in WW were a letdown to say the least. As a comparison, they all felt like the first 3 pennant dungeons of Zelda 3 or Ocarina. None of them moved into the quality of the Dark World Dungeons of Zelda 3 or Temples of Ocarina.
- The SS dungeons were all short, downside, but pretty innovative, a plus.
- Fi on the whole was a nice story teller but all the telling you what to do was simply not needed, and annoying.
- The boat in WW was nice and only slightly over bearing.
- Both games had their fair share of rehashed elements from older Zelda games.

I could add more points but that's enough for now. I like WW better out of the two games. But I can understand why some like SS better. As WW and SS do different things good and badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom