• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PlatinumGames Developing a Legend of Korra Game

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You read that right. Renowned 3rd party company PlatinumGames, developers of such titles as Bayonetta & Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, is currently developing an action game based on the Korra TV series. It's set for release later this year, and the story is set in-between seasons two and three. It's also being written by Tim Hedrick, one of the show's writers.

Here's the trailer:

[video=youtube;TyQEsTLcILs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQEsTLcILs[/video]

Shame that it's not coming to Wii U, though -- and kind of odd, given that it's Activison. They tend to release their stuff on as many platforms as possible to make as much money as possible. *shrugs*

Fig

The Altruist
I for one am excited to see this happen. The fact that Platinum Games is going to be producing this game makes me believe that this game is indeed going to be good. What's even more interesting is that the cover for the game will be based on what we choose on the Facebook page for this game. I am really expecting a lot of things from this game now.

Sheik

:the:
Holy ****.

I was expecting a Korra videogame to come anyways, but Platinum? Like, Madworld Bayonetta Okami (sort of) Wonderful 101 Platinum? This game is going to be legit.

A bit on edge about this one. Probably not going to go out of my way to play this game. Not saying that it's going to be bad or anything; it's just, I don't like to get overly hyped just because a game based on a cartoon I like is going to be released. I know better by now.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
A bit on edge about this one. Probably not going to go out of my way to play this game. Not saying that it's going to be bad or anything; it's just, I don't like to get overly hyped just because a game based on a cartoon I like is going to be released. I know better by now.

The hype has absolutely nothing to do with the show. The hype is that PlatinumGames is making it. Have you played any of their games? They're the KING of the Action genre.

The hype has absolutely nothing to do with the show. The hype is that PlatinumGames is making it. Have you played any of their games? They're the KING of the Action genre.

I'm not the biggest fan of...well...anything, especially not hyped fanaticism. It's not a bad thing if you're into that sort of thing, though. And though I may have played one of PlatinumGames' games, it seems to me that the hype in this thread surrounds the fact that their making a Legend of Korra game. I mean, if that isn't the main source of the hype, then what is the point of mentioning...well...Legend of Korra? This is by no means a bad thing, just not something I'm really excited about, personally. The fact that PlatinumGames is making it means very little to me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'm not the biggest fan of...well...anything, especially not hyped fanaticism. It's not a bad thing if you're into that sort of thing, though. And though I may have played one of PlatinumGames' games, it seems to me that the hype in this thread surrounds the fact that their making a Legend of Korra game. I mean, if that isn't the main source of the hype, then what is the point of mentioning...well...Legend of Korra? This is by no means a bad thing, just not something I'm really excited about, personally. The fact that PlatinumGames is making it means very little to me.

It means everything to me. If it were some random company no one had ever heard of before, I'd be thinking "Oh, great, another sh**ty TV show game." The fact that Platinum is developing it provides high hopes that we'll actually get a GOOD one for once.

Also, if you look at everyone else's posts, you'll see they feel basically the same way. They all mention that they think it's going to be good because Platinum is at the helm, not because it's Korra.

I played the first two Avatar games for the DS; they weren't half bad. Of course, I only own Nintendo systems, so I'm sort of screwed unless they change their mind about not making it available for the WiiU. On a side note, you can vote for the cover art here. I personally like the second one the most. The first one is pretty good, too, but it lacks bending action.

It means everything to me. If it were some random company no one had ever heard of before, I'd be thinking "Oh, great, another sh**ty TV show game." The fact that Platinum is developing it provides high hopes that we'll actually get a GOOD one for once.

Also, if you look at everyone else's posts, you'll see they feel basically the same way. They all mention that they think it's going to be good because Platinum is at the helm, not because it's Korra.
Okay.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I enjoyed the first Avatar Game on the Gamecube. It was a fun little adventure that took the characters all over the Avatar world. Maybe this will be a good follow up.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Activision publishing a Platinum game based on a cartoon... We all saw that coming, didn't we.

It'll be interesting to see how the game turns out but it's a shame Platinum couldn't have done this with the first Avatar series. Korra has kind of dropped off my radar a bit now, I got disinterested fast, but I'll probably pick this up sometime down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom