• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pikmin Series

Pikmin, eh? I only have Pikmin 2, and I'm not going to pretend I beat the game. I find the controls confusing, the objectives unclear, and the mode to switch between Louie and Olimar is just a silly excuse for a 1st level. The thing about Pikmin is that they took Pokemon's concept, changed the animals to plants, and the only thing they could do was be thrown. It's not just frustrating, but also boring. 'Hey guys! Pick up this battery!' 'Hey guys! Get on that wall!' Hey guys! Kill that freaky frog-bulborb thing!' It's tedious. Also the ecology notes that olimar takes is just boring. I paid for a planetary exploration adventure, not Science Class 128.

TwilightZelda

Zelda Fan #1
Pikmin, eh? I only have Pikmin 2, and I'm not going to pretend I beat the game. I find the controls confusing, the objectives unclear, and the mode to switch between Louie and Olimar is just a silly excuse for a 1st level. The thing about Pikmin is that they took Pokemon's concept, changed the animals to plants, and the only thing they could do was be thrown. It's not just frustrating, but also boring. 'Hey guys! Pick up this battery!' 'Hey guys! Get on that wall!' Hey guys! Kill that freaky frog-bulborb thing!' It's tedious. Also the ecology notes that olimar takes is just boring. I paid for a planetary exploration adventure, not Science Class 128.

yeah it gets boring because theres no challange unlike pikmin 1, in that game you have to get all the parts of the ship at least 30 days

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Pikmin is, quite simply, amazing. It proves that even after Miyamoto's first few ideas took off that he can still come up with brilliance. Highly recommended. When Pikmin 3 rolls around i pray there is online!

Austin

Austin
I don't really see a similarity to Pokemon, besides the fact that you collect a large number of organisms varying in color. It takes a fair bit of strategy to decide how to build up your team, which types will be more effective in which situations and what not. I actually prefer the sequel because I didn't like having that constant pressure on me. In Pikmin 2 I was able to relax a bit and maybe waste a day doing nothing, rather than constantly being forced to progress in the game.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Pikmin is my 3rd favorite VIDEO GAME ever! Under MM and Brawl. It's such a great game. Great style/controls, great story, great graphics for a 2001 or 3 whatever GameCube game, and overall great music. The Pikmin are cute too. :D That helps support the game doesn't it? And also, I'll ask everyone here a question: What's the fastest you've beaten Pikmin? I've gotten it in 21 or 19 days. Can't remember which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom