• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Physical Books Versus E-Books

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I like the feel of a physical book in my hands and just haveing the library in my home I have a ton on of books and i love to read. I would however get a kindle just for the travel portion or what ever but when i'm at home and relaxing on the couch then it's going to be a real physical book in my hands all the way.

I like the feel of physical books, but reading books on my phone has been so wonderfull that i have to go with ebooks. They saved me from boredom at work countless times.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
It's exactly the same, I own and use both on a regular basis. The pros for the E-books are they are lighter, cheaper, you can buy books anywhere as long as there is wifi and it is very nice for travel. Books are cool too, but there is no difference at all really. I don't feel one at least and I read all the time. Sure, I guess if you like the look or smell it would be different, but other than that there's pretty much not difference. You don't have to charge a real book of course, but the charge lasts a very long time.

M. Bulteau

Composer
I love the feel of an actual book, but the Kindle has something about it.

The non-lighted screen and the fact that you can carry TONS of books in that little thing are two BIG pluses.

I am undecided.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I prefer physical books because e-books make my eyes go buggy after a while. Just reading one of those really long forum posts here on ZD makes my eyes go buggy. o_O

Rachel

be vigitant
I prefer e-books, as long as the screen is not too bright. I'd prefer to carry a very light Kindle as opposed to a heavy stack of books. Sure, even with the Kindle's natural e ink screen, your eyes may get tired after a while, but in my opinion the pros outweigh the cons. Plus, e books are generally touted to be environmentally friendly, while most books are not.

Also, the books on your Kindle are in your Amazon account, so if you lost your Kindle or it got damaged, you would not have to repurchase the books. I'm assuming this is true for Barnes and Noble with their Nook, too, and any other reputable e book sellers.

I like physical books instead of e-books, with e-books you constantly are looking at a screen while with normal books you are just looking at paper :P

My grandma just got a Kindle and my granddad got a Kindle Fire and I tried reading on both of them and I just cant do it, I have to be able to feel every page and actually hold the book otherwise it's not the same experience. Also, if all our music and films and books become digital what are our kids going to put on their shelves?

I'm gonna go with virtual/e-books. They are better for me.
For some reason, physical books strains my eyes and makes me dizzy. Don't know why...
Virtual books however, does not. I can tolerably read those.

Bleh.
Call me a stickler, but I don't like digital versions of anything.
When I buy something, I like having this physical thing that I own.
It almost feels like more of a justification of my purchase.
Digital books may be more convenient, but that convenience just isn't worth it to me.

I like being able to pick something up, that I bought ten years ago,
and read it, or watch it, or play it again, just like I did ten years ago.

Okay, conspiracy alert. I Read Farenheit 451, and that forever changed my views on the government, and e-books. E-books are just open page (pun intended) for the government to be able to change any book. Not saying it will happen, just saying it could. On top of that, I just enjoy the smell and feel of real books. Screens hurt my eyes, and I just love to look at how full my bookshelves get...not an online library, real book filling up real book shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom