• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass: Did You Like It?

I have played all the way through Phantom Hourglass and I loved it! But lately I have heard a lot of bashing on Phantom Hourglass. I thought the game was great!
So I was wondering how many people actually liked Phantom Hourglass. I liked the story line and the whole game-play on the DS with the touchscreen.

So did you like it? What didn't you like about it? What was your favorite part?

**some people might post *SPOILERS**

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I loved it, I really like Linebeck and Ciela (and ofc their interactions with each other ;)) I also really liked the bosses you faced at sea and think that there should have been more of them.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game and I really like it too. It had funny moments, sad moments, epic moments and frustrating moments. I though Linebeck's character was great and I loved how he acted in the ending. Ciela was probably not the best caompanoin ever, as she wasn't really that helpful, but her interactions with Linebeck are great. Jolene is also cool. I love how tough she is.

There are some complaints, though, like how many times you had to revisit the Temple of the Ocean King and how long the travleling on the S.S Linebeck was, but other than that, it's a great game. I don't know why people hate it as much as they do.

I like Phantom Hourglass! I thought it was cute. I can see where some people may not like it due to, perhaps, it being very easy and short, or they thought the Temple of the Ocean King was repetitive, but in my experience it isn't less fun because of those things. Of course, I suppose people have plenty of other complaints, but those are what I'd heard from people that I knew when I was in school. Sure, it isn't some massive, epic adventure like some of the other games, but I thought it had a nice story, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the sailing more than I did in Wind Waker, although that may have had something to do with the fact that I could make my boat look more exiting. I liked the DS game play, I liked the characters (Linebeck especially, whom I completely love), and overall I just enjoyed the experience it gave me. :>

I liked it for its gameplay and story. not for graphics but still a very good game to keep people entertained

The controls were really frustrating. Everything else was great but the controls did kinda turn me off to Spirit Tracks.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I absolutely loved it. It was kinda hard having to get used to using your stylus to move Link, but once you got used to it, it was fun and simple. One of my favorite Zelda games.

i didnt like it that much cause of the controls and when i saw the boat for the first time, i thought the controls are gonna be exactly like WW, but the controls of pre controlling where u were going and since the boat wasnt very free (and u couldnt jump like WW)

i just thought it was gonna be like WW, which is my fault and got dissapointed straight away.

It was a pretty good try, alot of aspects turned me off but i still enjoyed most of it. Unlike many people i think it was far superior too spirit tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom