• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves About Products, Goods, or Services.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
What are small things that annoy you when talking about products, goods, or services? Things that probably won't bother anyone else, but certainly bother you?

I'll start.

I hate when a website or whomever advertises a knife as razor sharp, and when you get it, it's barely sharp enough to cut paper. What I expect when you tell me a knife is razor sharp, I expect the knife to be so sharp that it can shave hair.

This goes into people hearing stories about other people cutting themselves with knives, and they think, "MaYbE tHaT kNiFe ShOuLdN't HaVe BeEn So ShArP!"

No. The real dangerous knives are knives that are dull enough to require more pressure than necessary for the knife to cut, yet not so dull enough that it can't cut skin. Completely dull knives that don't have an edge? Safe. Knives that are so sharp they can shave hair? Safe. Kinda shorta sharp? Hella dangerous.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Do pointless software updates count?

I probably could think harder but my default complaint is either gonna be about software updates/loss of compatibility, or apple removing their DANG headphone jack. :ananger:
Oh it for sure counts. Some software updates on Windows in the past have been garbage.

and you need to register your credit card and all sorts of other personal informations for said free trial
Oh this is such a sinister trap that's used way too often anymore, yeaaaah.

The whole point is to start the subscription, which is initiated with your free trial, but then it is silently set to auto-renew by default, hence why they need your card. Once the free trial is over, that renewal fee will hit. Scummy af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom