• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I actually just finished the first book in the series yesterday. I must say, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, even though I haven't seen the movie yet. I've been studying Greek Mythology in school since the semester started, so it was much easier to appreciate it and enjoy it because I could catch all of the little references. Not sure what someone who knows nothing about Greek Myth would think of it though.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Yeah I've read all the books, I heard there was a spin-off, I might have check that out someother time.

I thought the Movie was Okay, I actually reviewed it and posted my thoughts on YT theres a link to my page in my siggy.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Been reading the books recently and i find it interesting. It was enchanting and exciting to see what happens in those books, Though i loved how they used the Gods from ancient Greece in this story. Though I think people who ain't into Greek Myths won't be able to catch on. They need to do some research or read books explaining Greek Mythology, Might as well include Greek Philosophy. The references there will create a deeper effect when reading these Book series

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Yes! I love this book series. I remember having to read the second one in school two years ago, and I loved it. I've read all of them already except for the fifth one, but I bought that one a few months ago. I plan on reading it soon. :3

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
I liked the first book, as I've been a fan of greek mythology almost as long I've been reading for pleasure, though I haven't gotten to the rest of the series. I think the movie was a good adaption, sure it left out things but even LOTR left out cool stuff like the razing of the Shire and minor characters.

linkman8

True and Noble
My sister reads those books, but I don't. I ended up watching the movie with her in theaters, which was pretty good, all things considered. Although some of the fanbase seemed a little.... well... young. Almost the entire movie theater had girls from the age of like 7 to like 10. What's up with that?
Back to the story, I loved how I could understand exactly what was going on just from my extensive knowledge of Greek mythology. It also made the fans believe I had read the book, when in fact I hadn't.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I liked the first book. I do know some Greek mythology like about the Titans, which god goes where, the Big 3, and all that stuff. I was looking for the 2nd book in my school library but some people have already beat me to it.
Almost the entire movie theater had girls from the age of like 7 to like 10. What's up with that?
That is weird
I loved how I could understand exactly what was going on just from my extensive knowledge of Greek mythology. It also made the fans believe I had read the book, when in fact I hadn't.
Well if someone thinks that you didn't read the book and starts bullying you, you could slip away by telling him about what you know. But then how would you know about the Master Bolt and stuff that I think only happened in the story?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I haven't read them but I have heard of them and I love Greek mythology. Are they a must read book? Should I try them?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I finished the 2nd book!
I haven't read them but I have heard of them and I love Greek mythology. Are they a must read book? Should I try them?
It's not mandatory but you should read it considering that it's such a good book. I didn't think it was good at first but I read the Lightning Thief and it was good. Sea of Monsters is the 2nd one and it has a huge cliffhanger at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom