• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

also
this just gives mafia the opportunity to block you (or killjoy)

unless we have good reason to lynch killjoy (afaik he isn't a popular lynch candidate) its better to just leave him to his own devices. Someone should eventually be able to confirm his claim.
lol

Fig

The Altruist
I mean it wouldn't

which is a great reason to not empower Fig :P
Which is exactly why Minish and I agree that giving me the motivator shot would be pointless, assuming I'm the highest priority for mafia to kill which I can't really blame them for given how taking out the healing role helps mafia out significantly. No one is saying to empower the doctor and even I agree with that logic because it would be pointless given my circumstances.

I know what bussing is

I can easily infer what hellbussing is

I have one question

...why would I do that today instead of just sinking Fig, who I've been going back and forth with all day (and still am tbh)

plus that's a silly argument, because you can't see anyone's rolecard

you've gotta pick sombody to trust, so why not me? that's a genuine question I've seen no good arguments made about beyond "you aren't 100% town" but like nobody is so :shrugs:
Saying "We got to trust someone, might as well be me" is the exact reason why most wouldn't. You are trying to claim yourself as the leader of the group, whether it's asking for demands for which targets a specific player thinks is town or they are obviously mafia (your words, not mine), demanding you deserve healing and/or the motivator shot (good luck with that), and now demanding you should be the one to trust when most people still find your logic not sound given how you have been behaving. You also do release that someone trying to control/guide the conversation is a common mafia tactic because the mafia is the informed minority so they can use that tactic to seem town to people who are either new or haven't contributed as much as others to persuade them as town, marinating them in the process.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Roles that can mess with this:
1. Roleblocker
2. Ninja (has strongarm ability)
3. 3p roleblocker
4. the plant (strongarm ability)
5. the Grim Reaper (roleblock ability)
6. Hellhound (strongarm ability)
7. Sadist (roleblock ability)
Ninja has motion tracking invisibility not strongman lol
:crab: all these get spotted by watcher so scum with a tint of common sense doesn't target them :crab:

don't you have the second-most posts

also yeah activity has spiked as we neared original end of the day and the new end of the day, not really a surprise

anyways I will again suggest we stop talking about the plan, it's just white noise at this point

if anybody wants to make a serious argument I threw away a completely clean mislynch attempt on Fig to instead sink Chevy then that's a separate discussion but like unless that occurs I think people can reasonably assess my words after Chevy has flipped (especially given I'm arguing a town flip there should result in us ignoring my plan anyways)

Ninja has motion tracking invisibility not strongman lol
:crab: all these get spotted by watcher so scum with a tint of common sense doesn't target them :crab:
I agree with you in general, but Pen's Ninja role from Sherlock mafia had an x-shot strongarm modifier, so.... strongarm ninja is possible.

1.) roleblocker/ninja combo does not appear to be an uncommon draw in Pen's games,
2.) Watcher only appears in 1/3 of the games (possibly more, I'd have to look through all the other roles,
3.) Assuming mafia is as fearful of watcher as you are I think is a bit dubious. Perhaps watcher dodging is more common here than I am used to though.
4.) Having tons of PT all target one person kind of waters down Watcher's ability since they will only know that one of the 18,000 people that visit Fext is scum.

I'm not a vig nor have I ever claimed to be?

Also I asked Pen and the factional kill isn't affected by Guitarist, so my fears about scum getting an extra kill have been laid to rest

feel free to point me towards the Mafia version of vig that would still be affected but like if you see two extra kills on N2 then you just know it's me and that means you're down to only one more to find - much like how Bodyguard dying to save their target is good for town, that 1-for-1 trade of the extra kill for my life helps town more than it could possibly help the hypothetical scum version of myself
On second thought.png
I was getting the impression that you were a vig or some one shot(per night) variation.

how can yall post so much I swear I just went to take a shower and lunch and there's 5 more pages

it's 68 pages D1 i cant
Quit lolligagin' then. :P

@Viral Maze I think it's been more than 10 minutes bub
Can you let the guy catch up AT HIS OWN PACE?

anyways I will again suggest we stop talking about the plan, it's just white noise at this point
What'd you expect from an extension?

Reactions: Fig

Fig

The Altruist
don't you have the second-most posts
At least Exlight is within the range of the 3rd-5th posts in terms of a bell curve. You on the other hand have over 100 posts more than Exlight which could be prevented if you lumped most of your posts into one but you just spamming responses which is why we have 68 pages on Day 1.

Can you let the guy catch up AT HIS OWN PACE?
would it not be better to get thoughts in realtime then to get a manufactured and highly-edited post to summarize two thirds of the game that he can spend as long as he wants working on?

like if people are late posting their will that's often a sign they had to write one up or edit it rq and I don't see why that would be different here

Kirino

Tatakae
I have a decently strong town read on Fext, so I trust him more than probably anyone else to be motivated. But although I've only been skimming this discussion, Seanzie's points seem pretty compelling to me, and it's kind of moot if KJ doesn't trust Fext enough to target him anyway. In any case, I still support a Chevy lynch.
I trust the both of you, should Chevy flip red, to consider that that means that myself, Minish, and even Kirino are far and away the least likely people to be scum here as we collectively pushed him over against an easy target for literally no good reason
As much as I like the idea of this, I could easily see myself (or Minish, for that matter) bussing Chevy for town cred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom