• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ex is pinging me a bit because of the way he’s posting. Hard to describe, but he’s making points that seem obvious or responding to things that might not warrant it in a way that makes it seem like he’s trying to look invested and pro-town. @Morbid Minish is probably better at reading him than I am, though, so I’m curious to know her thoughts.

Yeah, I'm not getting big Ex town vibes. Though it's a little harder to read him when he's not a focus of attention tbh. Fig/Rag/Ex are probably who I'm most interested in seeing flip right now because I just feel like there's some connections there, with Fig being the main factor.

you really went from townreading him to scumreading him in less than 24h huh

Yes, my townread on them was based on me thinking they were suspecting Fext of being mafia for the chat thing. When later they said that wasn't the case, that retroactively destroyed my townread of them. Once that was out the window, they've just trended down IMO.

Also "less than 24 hours" was also like "almost half the game", but that's a different point:P

Storm and Seanzie - Effectively voted for me with either no reason at all, (Storm's post: "Are we voting up Fig now? Vote: Fig ") or having flimsy logic and just nothing more but a "that's a bit sussy!" statement (Seanzie's post: "These look a lot more like scum trying to avoid an elim than town trying to avoid a miselim IMO. Unvote. Vote: Fig").

Uhhh... Which of my logics are flimsy, and how are they flimsy? Also, I've talked about you in length all dayphase, so only paying attention to the post that contains my vote, and not all the other posts I made about you feels like you aren't fairly considering my slot.

Thought exercise I'm going to do for myself: With minimal thinking, sort players. Then assign colors. Mostly GTH-type sorting/assigning.

Fext
DekuNut
Kirino

Morbid Minish
ChevyWerewolf30

Storm
Viral Maze

Killjoy262
ExLight

A Link In Time
Ragnarokio

Fig
------------------------------
Paranoid King - don't remember a single thing from this slot, so cannot sort.

Yeah, I'm not getting big Ex town vibes. Though it's a little harder to read him when he's not a focus of attention tbh. Fig/Rag/Ex are probably who I'm most interested in seeing flip right now because I just feel like there's some connections there, with Fig being the main factor.

What are your thoughts on Rag? I don't think you've said anything about them prior to this, so I am curious why you are interested in seeing their flip.

I hate it when I'm in the mood to interact and idk if anyone else is in thread.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What are your thoughts on Rag? I don't think you've said anything about them prior to this, so I am curious why you are interested in seeing their flip.

I explained it a little bit in the post right before that. I've generally agreed with Rag's posts until she said for Fig not to claim until a competing wagon happened. Because I feel like scum Rag would know that that wouldn't happen til close to eod and by then Fig claiming would just cause chaos that benefits mafia. Also think that the Fig/Rag stuff could be distancing play that's really backfired.

I explained it a little bit in the post right before that. I've generally agreed with Rag's posts until she said for Fig not to claim until a competing wagon happened. Because I feel like scum Rag would know that that wouldn't happen til close to eod and by then Fig claiming would just cause chaos that benefits mafia. Also think that the Fig/Rag stuff could be distancing play that's really backfired.
Ah, okay. Yes, you did briefly mention Rag there, even though my perception of your thoughts of Rag from that post don't equate to "want to see flip"... a bit curious.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ah, okay. Yes, you did briefly mention Rag there, even though my perception of your thoughts of Rag from that post don't equate to "want to see flip"... a bit curious.

Want to see flip doesn't necessarily mean want to lynch. It just means that I think Fig and Rag could be tied, so one's alignment could help read the other.

Want to see flip doesn't necessarily mean want to lynch. It just means that I think Fig and Rag could be tied, so one's alignment could help read the other.

Well then, if that list of 3 names weren't scumreads necessarily, I'd like to hear who you think might be scum. Also,idk if you've already voiced some in past posts, but I'd be curious to see who you think is likely town as well.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Yes, my townread on them was based on me thinking they were suspecting Fext of being mafia for the chat thing. When later they said that wasn't the case, that retroactively destroyed my townread of them. Once that was out the window, they've just trended down IMO.
I see?
Why would scumread Fext before proper discussion be something worth getting a townread?

As in possibly opposed, I'd assume?

I don't see a world where they're both scum distancing like someone mentioned, there's no reason for them to go this hard at each other D1 over something they could've let die or ignored as much as possible

I see?
Why would scumread Fext before proper discussion be something worth getting a townread?

If you think someone scumslipped, you don't necessarily need to talk to them about it to form an opinion on them? Also, In my experience, townies are at least as likely, or perhaps more likely, to start tunneling after seeing something they interpret as a bonafide scumslip than they are to say "okay, let's step back and hear all sides of this".

But, either way, my thoughts on Fig did come after they had some discussion. Fext called Fig's assessment of Fext unfair (which I actually thought was very weird coming from Fext and questioned them about it), and Fig responded in a way that originally read to me like "hey, you messed up and I caught it. I'm allowed to point that out, and you getting defensive and posting a ton to try to dig yourself out isn't helping things in my book", which IMO sounds like "townie being a bit smug about catching a scum", and that is what I originally townread Fig over. Once they backpedaled though, that erased all of this line of thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom