• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

well now we're a conundrum because you're playing differently :eyes:

And now it is up to you to decide if that is because I am town and had no reason to try to emulate my usual town meta last game, or because I'm mafia right now and deliberately playing differently to fool you... I look forward to seeing your nuanced (or possibly non-nuanced) thoughts about my alignment as the game goes on.

Fext - After looking back through the thread, I'm actually comfortable town leaning him for now.
Chevy - Aside from my targeting Fext, there hasn't really been much if any major contributions regarding anything else.
Fig - Even with 4 posts, I feel that the way he approached Fext was within reason.(better than my more aggressive approach?)
Ex - Seems too layed back which has me wanting to be cautious.
Minish - I've seen her barely contribute on D1 in a couple of other games I've played with her on here.
Storm - You got anything more relatable to the game itself for your read on me, or are you going to stick with other reasons?

NULL
Rag - Despite having 14 posts as of me typing this on the NotePad/posting, I'm not seeing anything that want's me to lean one way or another.
Deku, PK, and ALIT - all three has 1 post which barely if at all contributes.

@DekuNut @Paranoid King @A Link In Time and @Ragnarokio What are y'alls thoughts so far?

Looking back through the ISOs, Fig was far more lax on his targeting than I was making his assessment far more "fair" than mine, despite me(making an attempt[halfassed?]) digging holes.

I was in a bit of a numb daze when I was skimming over the possible roles and wasn't all there in my post. Also, do you have a better reason that has to do with the game for your scum leaning me?

Unvote

Any particular reason you decided to post this rainbow list when you did?

Looking back through the ISOs, Fig was far more lax on his targeting than I was making his assessment far more "fair" than mine, despite me(making an attempt[halfassed?]) digging holes.
that's kinda the issue

if I'm reading Fig right

they thought I slipped up and revealed I was in a chat

yet I get the impression that, contrary to almost everybody else in the game, they had zero concerns about it being a Mafia chat until pressed further

and only Mafia would know for sure I wasn't talking about a Mafia chat

so I think Fig is just Mafia who let slip they knew the chat I was referring to couldn't be Mafia chat

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m actually liking Fext now given how much he’s contributing, and his suspicions make sense to me. The one on Fig particularly, and I think it’s kind of odd that both Fig himself and the people town reading him haven’t addressed it. It’s still possible that Fext slipped up and had scumbuds covering for him, but he’s actually playing well enough now that I doubt he’d make such a silly mistake.
darn you beat me to it
it was close

It’s still possible that Fext slipped up and had scumbuds covering for him, but he’s actually playing well enough now that I doubt he’d make such a silly mistake.
I literally dropped that with the whole "curious" meme format

I don't understand how anybody thinks I didn't obviously know I was joking

I may be new but I don't think I'm that dumb

Fig

The Altruist
I meant to address this last night, but. As far as his post count, I'm not overwhelmingly suspicious of. I'm personally getting a "New Guy" vibe from it. Look at some of my earlier games(Yeah I had the luck of rolling scum my first three games) I was one of the higher posters. Mainly because I assumed "being active meant staying alive"
I agree. The general vibe is that they are new so they want to seem like being helpful by being talkative but at least in the posts I've read, they are more prone to get emotional from how they are interacting with me. Worst case scenario, I just simply finding it weird/interesting.

And it looks like I have to stress this but I don't believe having the most posts is a reason for me to find someone suspicious. If anything my issue, is that most of the posts are just really short and have the vibe of a cartoon character talking really fast to the point it's incomprehensible so you just hear noise.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Rag - I feel like they would have little reason to follow me around so zealously as scum. Seems genuine enough to me.

Whats the reason for me following you around zealously as town?

Rag- Whole lot of nothing but it's early. I'd like to see more out of you.

Sorry but I just don't feel that way about you

From my experience people that usually enter d1 in a rush to prompt discussion by overanalyzing are usually one of the following three: beginners, mafia bringing frustration from past games into the table, or indepts (3p).

In my experience its a standard town strategy to try and get productive discussion rolling as fast as possible.

@DekuNut @Paranoid King @A Link In Time and @Ragnarokio What are y'alls thoughts so far?

As humans we naturally utilize fuzzy logic (the result of chaotic neural networks) which can't be described linguistically to form intuitions about things. It thus strikes me as strange and even counter to our very nature for us to attempt to describe what is and isn't a sandwich using definitions and hard logic.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
well guess we'll have to fight to death
how can there be productive discussion without giving it some time for people to give proper content first?

the general flow is

-someone makes joke
-someone is attacked for joke unreasonably
-person who attacks others unreasonably is attacked
-everyone is now attacking each other
-content is generated

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
the general flow is

-someone makes joke
-someone is attacked for joke unreasonably
-person who attacks others unreasonably is attacked
-everyone is now attacking each other
-content is generated
on a bigger picture yea it is but there's also an order on a more individual level and I feel like Seanzie went out of the norm, which caught my attention

Ragnarokio

on a bigger picture yea it is but there's also an order on a more individual level and I feel like Seanzie went out of the norm, which caught my attention
wdym

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom