• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Pendio X Pendio
Ksntoanapf0ehvqlaps0gh3v1paxhwala0shb3lapsv7ydbepapsckdbaiap
Theres so many postsssssss
I'm working on it. I had two games start during finals, and right now I'm working on catching up in the one that's farther along. I'll get around to this one once I'm caught up there.
But you know what Waffle House sucks at making?
Waffles
Also calling out In n Out Burger for a similar thing.
I can only speak for the one in Redding, but every time I've gone there the only thing that's been good has been the shakes.
I'd go to the one that we have like an hour from me, but it's so constantly packed. tbh I think that I just got mad at how long it took to actually get the food. In a space where you have access to other food, no food is worth that kind of wait.
And yes, it even has lines post-Covid lol
Great contributions from Deku.

I know he's been busy with finals and such, and is prioritizing catching up in funnier's Bulba game over this one. Fair enough. I think I wouldn't mind this much if that was what he left us with, though. After the conversation about Waffle House began, he made not one, but three posts related to that discussion. He was not quoted or pinged or anything like that. This indicates he was present, and following the ongoing discussion, but only felt inclined to partake when it was irrelevant. It's a very minor point, but it makes me doubt the sincerity a little when he says he was catching up. It's also frustrating and a little annoying. Almost looks to me like an opportunistic way to inflate post count just a little bit without the immediate need to try and come up with something to add to the game relevant discussion.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more from Deku after he catches up properly because if I just saw this at face value I would be inclined to scum read it.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
funner6 - 3 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Killjoy)
The Sun Fan - 1 (ExLight)
Rubik - 2 (The Sun Fan, Giri)
Ragnarokio - 1 (funnier6)
Jinjo - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Poyzin - 2 (Kirino, Mellow Ezlo)
ExLight - 2 (MixMasterLar, naga10)

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Rubik, Johnny Sooshi, Poyzin

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Nice to know, Thanks =D

Though he had many posts, it somehow seems that he's joking around
Vote:Rubik
This is literally what Rubik did for pretty much the entire first day in Anime Mafia 2, Pen's last game, in which he was town.

Are you scumreading Rubik for other reasons or is this your only one? Can you post more pls.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Unrelated but I'm saying this because it's super frustrating but like is anybody else really annoyed by the fact that it's like impossible to ISO people's posts from previous games now? Like even using the search function doesn't work because of the weird post history removal thing that's been going on. I'm trying to ISO certain players from past games and ugh I actually have to manually search through the games to find their posts.

/endrant

carry on as you were

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
because if there were a role that would explain his behaviour well and was also anti-town then it would act as evidence for him being anti-town which would be of benefit to the town

in general gaining information about scum/self roles is probably helpful for town
I agree it's helpful, but the question seems really baity, like trying to fish for a discernable soft.

he's a beginner from bulbagarden, prolly played around 4 or 5 games total

he's usually a bit reckless and kinda uh calculating?
not the word I wanna use but I can't remember it rn
Is this based just on his activity or is there something in his 3 meaningless posts that strikes you as scummy?
This is mainly what I was getting at. Is activity AI for him, or are you just seeing what sticks?

This is the part of the post I was talking about. It felt off to me. The way he talked about not minding lynching Poy in the absence of a better target because it wouldn't be a great loss didn't give me town Kirino vibes. Sounds like a kinda planting seeds for a Poy lynch and then brushing off responsibility.
I like that analysis, and I agree. Activity hasn't seemed to be AI for Poy, and considering a lynch on inactives on D1 is scumplay in almost all cases, especially a game that's larger than our normal ones.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Unrelated but I'm saying this because it's super frustrating but like is anybody else really annoyed by the fact that it's like impossible to ISO people's posts from previous games now? Like even using the search function doesn't work because of the weird post history removal thing that's been going on. I'm trying to ISO certain players from past games and ugh I actually have to manually search through the games to find their posts.

/endrant

carry on as you were

It's beyond frustrating.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also I'm not sure if Pendio has anything in place to prevent this from happening but looking through the list it seems like certain roles might be both unique and easy to prove, which means it's gonna be really hard for scum unless pen picked enough ambiguous roles. Anime Mafia 1/2 both had some wild ones, at the very least.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Can we stop giving passes to subversive gameplay? "I got a reason but I won't say, btw not scum, believe guys". Explain your statements.

This This This. When you state an opinion it's good town play to give as many reasons for that opinion as you can. Town benefits the most from information and only in 5% of cases concerning roles is keeping opinions to yourself worth it. You hurt town by just making statments with no additional thoughts.

There is a reason your host has to ban us stating certain things: when town knows more they win easier. Don't hold back what we are allowed to say, that really is just being lazy at best and no funnier I don't care if you think it's not relevant that's for the thread to ultimately decide. If it influences your read then post it.

QUOTE="Johnny Sooshi, post: 1228816, member: 15902"]
Taco Bus if you're in Tampa. Otherwise, IHOP is better imo. But I've legit gotten sick from waffle house.

Or just get Taco Bell
[/QUOTE]
I'm in Pensacola, the exact opposite of Tampa lol
IHOP closes at 10 here, Taco Bell at 12
Neither are better then my local waffle house, but I do stan Taco Bell for lunches.

I am, yea
my reads are still the same

I might be starting to scumlean Dawning but idk, kinda need him to talk more
@ExLight what reads? I remember you gave out like 3 low effort reads and never amswered my questions concerning certain reads/opinions on then-current events (SunFan's post). You haven't done near enough in this game for "yeah nothing has changed" to mean anything.

At least repost your reads and try to explain why they haven't changed.

Have you ever played Stratego?
I loved that game when I was like 9
The Spy is the weakest piece, but it's also the only one capable of defeating the strongest piece, the Marshal. Just because the weakest piece can beat the Marshal does not mean the Marshal isn't the best piece.
Those are the rules to Stratego, yes. In Mafia these pieces would be....?
I'm not saying this is an identical situation, only that good scum players tend to have different kinds of tells than bad ones and you triggered my intuition.
Can you give me one example of a tell that a good scum player would have?

It's certainly possible that I'm wrong, but I currently think you have a higher chance of being scum than any other player in the game right now (which might still be below a 50% chance).
Because the Spy can kill the Marshall and Good Scum has a tell?

I think I'm playing just fine.
I better find out this is a troll.

I woke up an hour ago and I skimmed the thread fast. I have been dealing with family problems lately and I have been really disengaged yesterday.

I'm town reading ExLight and Rubik. ExLight's vote on SunFan comes off as too scummy to be scum and his paranoia on players reminds me of his town games I have played with him. From what I remember about scum ExLight is he is very manipulative and I'm not seeing him doing it here. Rubik has way too many posts to the point when I had to iso him. Rubik recklessly voting ExLight and that unvote on ExLight when he pinkie swear looked like town who wanted to believe in ExLight. His post on 348 looks very interesting. What stood out to me was he said he wanted his opinion to be voiced and I like that since town should never be afraid to voice their opinion and they should always give out their thoughts before they die. By the way Rubik, I checked two of ExLight's scum games on bulba and I didn't see him saying pinkie swear.

I am not liking how Sunfan is saying Rubik is scum without providing a reason why. Later on he said Rubik's posts were cardboard and I still didn't understand on what he meant by that. Poyzin not wanting to read the thread is not looking good since town should always read through the thread and develop reads. What kind of play is Poyzin doing? I'm torn on Poyzin since I would expect better play from him and I'm starting to wonder if this is a disengaged town who doesn't care he gets lynched or is this a new scum play he is doing? I remember on bulba scum Poyzin actually put more effort in the game. Ragnarakio is suspicious since I don't understand their play. Why vote SunFan and then all of a sudden switch to ExLight asking him a question and then switch to me. There is no flow in Ragnarakio's play. I have also been concerned about Dawning since I remember town Dawning always gives their thoughts out and he is not doing this here. Did Dawning finally role mafia for the first time?

There are major inactivity from these players and I'm having a hard time on reading them which are naga, Kirino, Giri, SMS, DekuNut.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Consider this a bet that you're scum rather than an actual attempt to lynch you.

I fully expect that I'll be right, ultimately, though.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I mean, I think he'll eventually lie using it when the time comes, but I think it adds some legitimacy to his words.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
considering a lynch on inactives on D1 is scumplay in almost all cases, especially a game that's larger than our normal ones.

Johnny I like almost everything you've had to say but this is straight incorrect

Unless you find a better target then lyncing an inactive who has given nothing to the game is the best choice on d1. D1 is a crapshoot anyway and it sets the precedence that the thread won't tolerate slank, which wolves love to do more the further the game goes.

Inactivity can also hurt town's chancss later in phases because eventually you have to address it and it gives wolves easy discussions in phases where they normally would have struggle to maintain acting natural.

And before yoy say it: Yes, replacements are also bad for town since they enter into games and 9/10 times don't bother to read previous phases, or at worst do and never "catch up" and never contributing. The replacement is never bound to any weird behaivor the slot has done before and has the excuses needed to coast a whole phase ("gotta give them a chance, guys!")

It's the number 1 reason Town on FFR will lose a game because everyone just relies on replacements and won't try to punish slank until like F5, the worst time to deal with it.

My vote probably stays on SunFan but lynching inactives is absolutely a valid d1 strat.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
pinkie swear?
Sunfan: VOTE[/colr][/vote]
Vote: Sunfan
i didn't realize the game started until i woke up this morning
Unvote, Vote: Exlight

Can you think of a time you've supported someone's lynch for this reason in the past?
also you can call me anything you want just don't call me late for dinner
a specific game would be nice but a suitably concrete recollection of the context would be acceptable as well.
I'm also often a fan of avoiding lynching strong players although its not because i'm afraid of strong scum players, but rather because i'm afraid of weak town players.
while strength of the player might be a consideration in deciding a lynch though, it should probably never be the primary factor.
pretty sure he was criticising you and rubik for the same thing
you were both deciding who to lynch based on the strength of sunfan as a player.
aren't you supporting lynching sunfan on the basis of him being a strong player?
Unvote

i buy it
Vote: Jinjo

playing too gently and reactively
you forgot?
understandable

let me know if you recall what you were considering saying
this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?
because if there were a role that would explain his behaviour well and was also anti-town then it would act as evidence for him being anti-town which would be of benefit to the town

in general gaining information about scum/self roles is probably helpful for town
I originally read Rag as low effort, not much contribution, flip-floppy, and wanted to scum read her.

However, thinking about it, this is not the same kind of posting style she maintained in either of the two preceding games (Fate/ZD and Backwards) in which she was scum. I can't say I'm super familiar with Rag's play as a whole, but comparing her play in this game to her play in the two most recent games, I do see a difference.

The somewhat flip-floppiness and short posts do still look scummy to me though at face value. I also have mixed feelings about her asking people what we think Sun's role could be (every possible role that could appear in the game is listed in the OP, so it's pretty easy to look yourself). Like I said in the beginning, role claim are potentially extremely telling since fakeclaiming is risky in this setup, but I'm reading that particular post of hers as somewhat of a pretend contribution.

So, conclusion? I would put Rag at a mild scum lean. While her play is noticeably different from the last two games, her posts at face value are still scummy to me, and anybody who knows me well knows that's more important to me than how someone acts in a previous game. In particular, her post asking about Sun potentially having an anti-town role doesn't sit right with me. Like, I get it, the thought process behind it at least, but it reads like a fake contribution.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Jinjo, I'm sprry abput your family.

But you expect me to believe you could only skim the thread and felt disengaged with it yet still had to drive to check two of ExLight's games to see if he made a pinkie swear?

Naw man I don't believe that. Total tone clash

Consider this a bet that you're scum rather than an actual attempt to lynch you.

I fully expect that I'll be right, ultimately, though.

EYhjgcTXgAUlGCF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom