• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
In effect you're trying to reserve the right to ignore people you don't feel up to meeting head on and want to have a post pointing back to if/when you get called out for it.

At best, that's anti-town play in a game where town benefits the most from interactions.

If life is rough and you just want to not get heavy into a fight rn then fine but this isn't an attitude I can let slide further into game. IIRC you might have done this while under pressure in Anime Mafia 2 as scum, so I'm not inclined to let this issue pass without at least mentioning that I don't like.

Respond or not, I've said all I have to say on this for the time being.
This is exactly what I was getting at earlier when I said funnier was planting seeds to low-effort later. I don't like it, especially coming from funnier, and it gives him breathing room when we get on him for not contributing much in future days. Not what I expect from town funnier at all.

@Killjoy don't let funnier intimidate you btw, he's just trying to flex for the new guy.

Regarding others, I agree that Poy seems different. I'm not really scumreading him but it's like, I'm not too sure, something just seems off to me. I'll ISO him later.

Rag is another one I'm feeling unsure of. She does seem to make sporadic small posts a lot, even as town, but she's seemed a bit flip-floppy today. I just ISO'd her and she lacks substance. The only thing she's really said was that Jinjo was too gentle and reactive. Which is fair, I guess, but it's the only unique contribution out of her 16 posts that I noticed.

aaaand I just ISO'd Poy anyway because it was incredibly short and... there's nothing. Maybe I can see a little bit of aggression that I don't remember Poy demonstrating before? I mean it doesn't last all that long and his posts give me inconsistent vibes. The early-day aggression feels a bit fake if I'm being honest.

Yeah, actually I kinda feel inclined to scumread Poy for that. He started out a bit aggressive but I'm not seeing the same level, and the aggressiveness in general has been kind of inconsistent, thus my feeling that it might be fake.

Vote: Poyzin

Like I said above though, I'm really not getting the best vibes from funnier. Trying to plant seeds early so you can point to your earlier posts as excuse for not contributing later is really bad and kind of unspirited.

Everyone else who I haven't mentioned in this post or my earlier one are pretty null.

Oh, and Killjoy. I like him. He looks to be genuinely trying to figure the game out and is putting out some solid effort for a new player in an intimidating setup. Not getting the impression that he's being coached outside the thread at all.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To be serious though, @Rubik you voted Ex over what he said in regards to SunSun earlier. You unvoted on the basis of Ex "pinkie swearing". Were you genuinely suspicious of Ex to begin with? Do you still find those earlier actions to be coming from mafia, or just an overly paranoid townie?

Same question to @Poyzin who currently still has a vote on Ex.

@Killjoy don't let funnier intimidate you btw, he's just trying to flex for the new guy.
Since it's already obvious, it had an effect.Though I should've really payed attention to when he said the following earlier:

Lotta faith in Sun hmm

I'm in a bad mood for whatever reason this morning so may be more antagonistic than usual idk

Though, it could be totaly unrelated.

Oh, and Killjoy. I like him. He looks to be genuinely trying to figure the game out and is putting out some solid effort for a new player in an intimidating setup. Not getting the impression that he's being coached outside the thread at all.

As attempting as it is, I've been avoiding the urge to ask questions outside of the game. Mostly because Pen-sama also scares me. Rightfully so. lol

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As attempting as it is, I've been avoiding the urge to ask questions outside of the game. Mostly because Pen-sama also scares me. Rightfully so. lol
Well, I more meant sometimes with newer players if they roll scum you can kinda tell their scumbuds are giving them pointers or telling them what to say. I'm not getting that impression from you since your posts read as a new player who is genuinely, and independently, trying to find your place. Don't worry, it's a good thing. :P Keep it up!

GOD. SO MANY POSTS.

Hey everyone. I have now read the whole thread and have many thoughts. My biggest takeaway is that not a lot has really happened in the last TWENTY ONE PAGES.

I think The Sun Fan's post was NAI, and I think that people like Minish and [someone who I can't remember and I can't find the posts now] way way way overread into it. My biggest takeaway is that Ex comes across as the scummiest person by wanting to lynch the Sun Fan in his moment of need.

Preliminary reads:

Rag hasn't really said anything except for randomly voting for people
Rubik is more active than I've ever seen him. Rubik is usually town, so this probably means he's scum.
Killjoy is the only one taking anything seriously.
funnier: posts a lot, hasn't really said a lot, except for taking offence to Jinjo's !
Exlight wants to lynch Sun Fan for being "like a rock in his shoe", so:

Vote: Exlight

Assorted posts:

you know I can help town win too, right?
3rd party slip?

Tim Hortons?

Unexpected Canadian. This is a scumtell, trying to bribe us loyal subjects of the Queen.

Well, I more meant sometimes with newer players if they roll scum you can kinda tell their scumbuds are giving them pointers or telling them what to say. I'm not getting that impression from you since your posts read as a new player who is genuinely, and independently, trying to find your place. Don't worry, it's a good thing. :P Keep it up!

Or that's what killjoys wants you to think.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Nice to know, Thanks =D

Though he had many posts, it somehow seems that he's joking around
Vote:Rubik
I'm always joking around. All game, every game.

To be serious though, @Rubik you voted Ex over what he said in regards to SunSun earlier. You unvoted on the basis of Ex "pinkie swearing". Were you genuinely suspicious of Ex to begin with? Do you still find those earlier actions to be coming from mafia, or just an overly paranoid townie?

Same question to @Poyzin who currently still has a vote on Ex.

Ex's actions could be coming from either alignment. It could go either way with ex, he's a common d1 mislynch for a reason.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If Lar has anywhere near as strong of a scum game as Sun, I'd say he's a decent candidate for scum. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to read him atm.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I honestly don't like the amount of people saying me and Lar overreacted. It feels not good.

It's d1 and that was the first serious thing to happen. It was out of character for sunfan so trying to discern why will help with reading him. It's like none of y'all actually want to attempt to read sunfan. And yes I'm still *****ing about this because if you don't like me questioning how he gave a preemptive defense while simultaneously saying he didn't care if he died then I don't know how y'all expect to find anyone's true motives.

I feel like y'all missed the part where I specifically asked sunfan questions in an attempt to see if he had a good explanation for why his statement seemed so contradictory.

I honestly don't like the amount of people saying me and Lar overreacted. It feels not good.

It's d1 and that was the first serious thing to happen. It was out of character for sunfan so trying to discern why will help with reading him. It's like none of y'all actually want to attempt to read sunfan. And yes I'm still *****ing about this because if you don't like me questioning how he gave a preemptive defense while simultaneously saying he didn't care if he died then I don't know how y'all expect to find anyone's true motives.

I feel like y'all missed the part where I specifically asked sunfan questions in an attempt to see if he had a good explanation for why his statement seemed so contradictory.

You know, I think it was wrong to say that you were overreacting. What I meant was that what he said seemed very obviously not game related. I think too much was read into the implications for his role and why he would say that, instead of "hey are you okay man". Maybe this isn't as applicable to you, but that's the feel I got from responses in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom