• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pearl Jam

I've decided that considering there doesn't seem to be a thread on this awesome band that I was going to make it :).

Pearl Jam is a band that went mainstream in the 90's during the Grunge movement to mainstream but have since moved through Genre's since the downfall of Grunge in the same decade, they hit mainstream when they released their album "Ten" in 1991, during which the band had several members left and joined the band. Many say that they were better than Nirvana (and they did infact outsell them but with the obvious Advantage that Nirvana's run was cut short due to the mysterious death of their Lead Singer and Guitariest, Curt Kobain), I still believe that Pearl Jam do owe a fair amount of their success to Nirvana though as they were the band that originally got Grunge into the mainstream, however Pearl Jam are still an excellent band in my opinion as they have also wandered into Hard Rock and Alternative since then.

The band consists of Lead Vocals and Guitarist Eddie Vedder (who has also become a solo artist along side his work with Pearl Jam), Lead Guitarist Mike McCready, Bass Guitarist Jeff Ament and Rhythm Guitarist Stone Gossard and finally Pearl Jam's drummer, Matt Cameron.

Pearl Jam have sold 60 million records around the World since they went mainstream in 1990 although they have been stated to have "Delibrately tearing apart their own fame" because they refused to take part in music industry practises, they refused to make music videos for the majority of their videos among other things.

What does everyone else think of this band? many of you will probably never heard of them but I'm sure that there is a decent amount of members on this site that have :).

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
They make up the first two letters of my username :D. What's so cool about them is that they've only managed to get better and better over the years as each of their counterparts has slowly faded away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom