• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler PARADOX TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, remember when you go through the mirror of time then you go back in the past a thousand years? Well I have been thinking. . . If you kill Demise in the past a thousand years ago at least, then WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE GAME????? Think about it. . . If Demise didn't exist in the present then what would be the point of Ghirahim kidnaping Zelda and feeding her soul to the Imprisoned. Tell me what you guys think :D

T

TheCynic

I was also very confused by this but I think what happened is what happened is Link created an alternate timeline when he went back in time to save Zelda from Girahim. If this is the case then the timeline where Demise remained probably ended up with most if not all of Hyrule being destroyed. Time paradoxes are always confusing and not easily explained.

This is the first game in the timeline, so this Link is the first hero ever. The Imprisoned was sealed by Hylia because she couldn't defeat him, she needed the hero that must born, but he born thousand years later. Hylia died and reïncarnated into Zelda. Now Link is born and Zelda must know she's a god, Link has to defeat the Imprisoned.

He only kills Demise in the past at the end. But time travel is a hard thing to explain since no one has ever done it.

Eugh, not one of these AGAIN. There are plenty of explanations for this in multiple threads across the Skyward Sword section. Just search "paradox", you'll be shocked how many people have said the EXACT same thing and received very logical and explanatory answers.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Eugh, not one of these AGAIN. There are plenty of explanations for this in multiple threads across the Skyward Sword section. Just search "paradox", you'll be shocked how many people have said the EXACT same thing and received very logical and explanatory answers.

my sentiments exactly. this seems to get done every few days, won't be long before someone posts about the 2 time line things, A and B

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Yes, I noticed this too. I think it might have something to do with Impa destroying the mirror. If she destroys the mirror in the past... how can link activate it in the future? I am detecting a fourth timeline split.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains

Yeah, this topic is like beating a dead horse. I'm over thinking about it. And for the record, there's no logical solution. Skyward Sword defeats itself. It can't be the same timeline, as Demise is sealed in a new place in the past (which is pivotal to SS). Yet it can't be a split timeline for reasons that are too numerous to list. IMO there is no answer. You just have to live with the way it turned out.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Oh dear, here we go.

In the universe of Zelda, there is no such thing as a timeline that just fades from existence, unless it involves a moon crashing into the surface of the planet. Basically, there are now two lines in the Zelda series at the beginning.

There is (just to infuriate TrueChaos) Timeline A, where Link went back in the past to face Demise, and defeated him. On this line, the rest of the Zelda series takes place.

Then there is Timeline B: The Imprisoned was crushed by the Sky Keep, vanquishing him for all-time, and there is no future incarnation of Demise to take all the Triforce for himself, so essentially, nothing else happens on this side of the timeline.

This is not a time paradox, just another example of Split-Timeline Headaches.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Exactly what Blue said. There has been talked about this a huge lot and there still will be talked about it a huge lot as well. So allon-sy, I lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom