• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paper Mario Vs. Zelda

Now, before you flip and start organizing your debate, this thread isn't about which game is better. It's about how similar the 2 games are and how much Paper Mario took from the Zelda series, which in my opinion is just about everything. Each chapter in paper mario climaxes when you go through I'm going to call them "dungeons" because most of the time they are similar to what we would consider dungeons to be. You run from room to room, solving little puzzles, and collecting keys to unlock doors. It's basically Zelda: Paper Mario.

The game is great, and obviously the combat system is totally different. I love Paper Mario and think it is a great series of games everyone should invest in. I just started a new playthrough today for the first time since I was fairly young and couldn't help but notice the similarities. There are other similarities too, but you could attribute them to the standard formula of an adventure game. (Which was also greatly influenced by the Zelda franchise IMO)

Anyways, I love paper mario. I think it's a great, fun, adventure and as I said earlier anyone can enjoy it and so many people do. I think this is just more proof that the Zelda formula works, and that it is fun and appealing if used in other games too.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Paper Mario is a great game, but I wouldn't consider it based off Zelda. It's its own game and is based on Super Mario RPG which was helped created by Square. So if anything, it's definitely more based on Final Fantasy than anything else.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I do like both games, but really Paper Mario didn't take anything from Zelda. Dungeons, puzzles, bosses, and climactic scenes are pretty basic for video games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom