• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pandora's Tower

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Hey guys. I just bought Pandora's Tower yesterday and so far I've enjoyed the game and I've gotten to the third tower. What do you guys think of the game? Also, do you have any tips that could help me?

Don't have any tips for you since I'm not too good at it, don't try and blitz an entire tower the first time around, leave when you feel comfortable to do so because far too many times has my woman starved, also chat to her at length when you visit her each time, don't ignore her.

As for the game itself, i think it gets a raw deal, Operation Rainfall gave us three great games but the likes of Xenoblade and Last Story take the glory and Pandora's Tower just gets shoved aside, indeed it isn't an RPG like everyone was expecting, its more like castlevania but more playable with a genuine heart and an intriguing and well thought out world, the gameplay is ten times as deep as anything castlevania could ever put out too.

Its a pretty impressive game and a one more people should play, like Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Pandora's Tower offers a decent wealth of emotional value which is all too rare in games and is well worth the play on that basis alone.

Last edited:

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Thanks for the advice and believe it or not, I was actually look for The Last Story but I got this because they didn't have it.

Hanyou

didn't build that
As for the game itself, i think it gets a raw deal, Operation Rainfall gave us three great games but the likes of Xenoblade and Last Story take the glory and Pandora's Tower just gets shoved aside, indeed it isn't an RPG like everyone was expecting, its more like castlevania but more playable with a genuine heart and an intriguing and well thought out world, the gameplay is ten times as deep as anything castlevania could ever put out too.

I have Xenoblade and The Last Story (haven't started the latter yet--probably 90% done with Xenoblade, though, so it's next), but I've completely ignored this game.

How is this like Castlevania? Is it like the Metroidvanias? If so, I'm very interested, and I may pick it up.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have nearly completed this game and have enjoyed every frustrating tower in the second half of the game! The Dusk and Dawn Towers being the last and hardest and where I am currently stuck!!

My advice to you is to always make sure you take beast flesh back to Elena before you reach the 75% mark on her beast form. Always speak with her until she asks you something like "Yes, Aaron" or "is something the matter?" as that's how you know she's said everything to you at this point. Make sure you build up your affinity with her trying to get at least one more point between each tower. Give her gifts (finding out what she likes and dislikes is the fun part) and old notes to translate for you. The higher your affinity, the better your ending and rating at the end of the game.

Also, read the notes you find lying around as they will alert you to the location of rare items that are needed for some of the more difficult to get upgrades to your weapons.

Most importantly, enjoy this unique title. I love that the emotional development in the characters' relationship as you either comfort Elena or completely ignore her plight. My only gripe is that I kind of wish it came with the Japanese audio like Fragile Dreams did but that's just personal preference to subbed vs dubbed on my part.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Ah thanks for the tips. I have a question. I had barely managed to beat the tower with enough time and my gauge only had about 1/8 of the time left. So then when I went to give Elena the meat I encountered a cutscene in the cellar. Did this happen because I was so low on time or does it always happen at this point?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I had barely managed to beat the tower with enough time and my gauge only had about 1/8 of the time left. So then when I went to give Elena the meat I encountered a cutscene in the cellar. Did this happen because I was so low on time or does it always happen at this point?

I think depending on where you are in the game and how far transformed Elena is at the time you give her the beast flesh will determine where she is hiding (which can be anywhere from upstairs in the house, to the top of the observatory where you can find items in the bird nest, outside and even in the basement) and what cut scene you get (as far as I can tell at any rate). I know that there are various hidden cut scenes floating around in the game - your affinity needs to be at a specific level for you to find them - so it's possible you may have stumbled across one of these as well.

Its a very good game and it become pretty challenging at the end of the game and the boss fight are interesting and challenging as well.

There's two tips I can give you: Make sure you're well prepared(equipments and items) before entering a tower escpecially the ones near the end of the game and...TAKE GOOD CARE OF ELENA!!

Last edited:
Watch out for the Tower 11/12 game breaking bug. (Game breaking in the fixable sense)

Other than that, it's a pretty great game. I'm currently at Tower 11/12 and I'm yearning to complete the story and figure out everything. Boss fights are excellent, Tower designs are good, and the overall attachment you feel towards Elena really strengthens both the story and gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom