• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Padre

All these games over all these years we never see the man that fathered the Hero. I would like to see Link's father in Zelda Wii U, you know mabye he's a old haggard wise man that looks somewhat like Link except old and gray and has a massive beard, I don't know just spitballing.

What do you guys think, do want to see his father and family or should they leave Link the mystery that he is.

I know Ganondorf is links father, I don't need any official confirmation I just know.

link_i_am_your_father__digital_by_pkawesome-d3inp6v.jpg

Would you prefer if Link's father were a playable character in Zelda Wii U or simply alluded to? There's potential in both approaches, but Nintendo is more likely to do the latter.

When and if we finally see footage of Link's parents in a future Zelda game, I'd prefer if it took place in a game prior to the events of Ocarina of Time. This way, we could see the effects of the Hyrulean Civil War first hand and Link's mom giving him up to the custody of Great Deku Tree.

I would love to see him heavily alluded to for once, maybe meeting other people that knew him, but I don't think I would enjoy actually seeing him and having a role in the Plot.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I know what you mean completely :yes:! Your description of what his father would look like is awesome (massive beard and all).
But if you know Nintendo well enough, they kinda have this thing about parents. Like what 27Hooray was saying.

It's not exact or completely true, but a fact when it comes to my household is that Nintendo has a rule where parents can only be mentioned/referenced,
and can NOT appear fully in game.
I mean, there aren't very many Nintendo franchises with a main character that has alive parents.

I think personally I'd rather see Link's father than play him, at least not while he's slightly aged and already has wife sort of scenario.
I think a more family like background for Link would be cool, as long as it doesn't have a negative affect on his connection with Zelda.
That was actually my problem with TP and the whole Ilia thing. Zelda was pretty cold as whole anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom