• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Other Regions As DLC?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
While it seems that you are trying to be sarcastic it's not really that bad of an idea. In fact it probably would be the only way Nintendo and Game Freak would allow us to play a game where all the region are accessible. The problem would be that Pokemon has always been a handheld game, hence it's game play style is created around that. Developing a game (the DLC's are part of the game) that big for a handheld console would cause multiple difficulties and making a true Pokemon game for a home console (especially one facing problems like the Wii U is) would be incredibly risky. The only question we're left with is if they will be willing to climb Mt. Silver a million times over to make what could be the greatest game ever.:wynaut:

EDIT: I now realize this is the X&Y forum. I don't think we'll be seeing much DLC for X&Y, but my opinion still stands for future games.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd love to see this, yeah. Bring it on!

How much would I pay for another region... with all the gyms and everything to do, and perhaps have the trainers all scale to roundabout your level, I'd easily pay a good £5 - £10 per region if X&Y turn out to be very good. Less would be best but that's the ballpark I'd happily pay for, and I guess I'd stretch for more. I always hate running out of available content on Pokemon games so any way to give me a whole lot more of it is a-okay with me! Instead of grinding through things repeatedly to level, like I can't begin to count how much I'd grind the Elite Four on Ruby, so,, variety would be nice, and it'd be cool to see all the old regions re-made too.

I don't see this happening in Pokémon X & Y, Game Freak haven't talked much about DLC except for the Special Torchic carrying Blazikenite. I don't particularly want to go to another region because like Kanto in Gen II, it would be significantly watered down compared to the Kalos Region and that would kinda ruin the experience for me. Besides I don't particularly want to spend extra money on these games, I barely have enough money to buy both of them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Make it happen. I'm tired of these "new" releases every couple of years; they don't feel at all new. DLC would rectify this.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't see any problems with this concept, and it'd more than likely receive more positive reception than negative. Granted I could understand potential financial issues with players, but we're talking about entire regions that could be worth only -- lets use Mercedes' prices -- about $5-$10 give or take. That's several hours of gameplay for a relatively low cost. I don't see why fans wouldn't pounce at such an opportunity.

The nearest thing (if it even does happen) is opening up a new area in the Kalos region which gives access to Pokémon that otherwise couldn't be caught in X & Y. That seems alot more appropriate than going to another region.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I would say only certain locations in other regions. Including a whole new region might be a bit too much, so include only certain areas, like key ports in the other regions.

Snow Queen

Why would it be too much? Long-time fans like myself would love that, and it would give newcomers a much easier opportunity to explore classic regions.

But why is it necessary in the first place to visit previous regions? We've all played the games, and X/Y are not being created so we can experience a little nostalgia. It's being created to introduce to us a new world, not take us back to the old ones.

Snow Queen

A good question would be whether the standard Mystery Gift Pokemon, such as Deoxys, Celebi, Mew, etc. will still be Mystery Gifts or DLCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom