• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracles Overlooked?

Kybyrian

Yet another thing I didn't mention.

The Puzzles.

They were absolutely amazing. Some of them were pretty challenging too. In the Crown Dungeon the way that the blocks rose up and down and you had to hit them from a distance was pretty cool. The other dungeons in the game in other dungeons were pretty cool too. You really had to think and use combonations of your items. It probably had some of the most well thought out puzzles out of the Zelda series.

I hate how the Oracle games don't get enough love:(
I personally think that they are better then the Four Swords games.

Kybyrian

I hate how the Oracle games don't get enough love:(
I personally think that they are better then the Four Swords games.

I actually think almost any Zelda game is better than the Four Swords games. With an exception of Link's Crossbow Training that is. Biggest mistake Nintendo ever made.

And you are so true, they don't get near enough respect. There isn't even a section for them here, so this was just posted in Classic Zelda.

Finally we got a Handheld forum. I pitched this idea like what, maybe 2 months ago or something?

Anyway, back on topic. The Oracle series games are two of the best in the entire series in my opinion. I think the reason they are so underrated is because they came out at a time when the Gameboy Advance was being released. Most gamers abandoned the GBC, and although you could play GBS games on the GBA and even with the Oracle series have access to the Advance shop, I think most people just started getting into the "new" that the Advance had to offer.

If they had been released a year or so earlier, I feel that we would have a lot more people who would have played and talked about the games. IGN gave them like a 10, so I don't know what other gaming sites would give them a 6...But I would give them a 10 in my book.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I used to hate a lil bit the Oracle Series, cuz it was so frustarting to compelte the 64 ring collection... but, it gives the game so much to do...
Also... They are pretty unique, in the case that Rings work a lil bit like Majora's Mask's Masks(dumb phrase xD).
Also, they have some pretty cool dungeons(like Jabu-Jabu's Belly, and Sword And Shield Dungeon, for examples), and some great bosses:)

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
I have (or had) both of those games. I lost OoA though T~T. I don't have a GBA anymore, so I don't remember them completely, but from what I remember, OoA and OoS were two of the best LoZ games i've ever played (OoS is under PH and OoA is under OoS. LA is under them though :)). I don't know why they didn't get much credit. They were awesome!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think one reason why they don't get as much attention is because Capcom made them.

The reason why they didn't get much attention is because they were released in 2001 for the GBC, after the GBA was already out... So people wanted to buy GBA games and not GBC games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom