• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Ages vs. Oracle of Seasons

Oracle of Ages, or Oracle of Seasons?

• Ages

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Seasons

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Orace of Seasons is the first Zelda game I ever owned so it's kind of special for me. I've never actually finished Oracle of Ages, I'm ashamed to admit but I really like it. In fact, it's the only one I've never beaten.
It's definitely worth revisiting and finishing them both. They really are meant to be played together, and the true ending unlocked by beating them both is immensely satisfying!

It's definitely worth revisiting and finishing them both. They really are meant to be played together, and the true ending unlocked by beating them both is immensely satisfying!
Yeah, I was playing Oracle of Ages linked with a code after beating Oracle of Seasons but never finished. I also want to try doing the opposite too.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I prefer Seasons. Ages had a better villain, but I liked the vibrant change of colors for the overworld in Seasons, and IMO the past in Ages was kind of an eye sore. Otherwise I really enjoyed both for different reasons, but the overworld is what tipped me toward Seasons.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Ages. So much about it just felt better. I didn't feel like seasons had an actual plot. The dungeons in Ages were more fun. The bosses in Ages required more thought and careful planning to defeat whereas the bosses in seasons just required blind button mashing action. Nintendo is hardpressed ti insist that Seasons comes first but to me that never made any sense. All the connections in a linked Ages game (linked from playing Seasons first) were nonsensical and were not explained by the plot while they were in a Seasons linked game. Impa being the biggest one. Having Seasons first made Impa's role at the start of Ages make no sense whatsoever and severely diminishes the respect you have for Link. Not a problem the other way around.

I liked Ages better but then again that's because I completed it. I never completed Seasons but I really should...forgot where the game cartridge is though.. :(

Oracle of Ages is definitely better in my opinion. They're both great games but I love the world, the characters, the story, and the puzzles of OoA way better than OoS.

Only played Seasons so far but I have Ages on my 3DS. I liked it and the mechanic of changing the seasons to access parts of the world was a cool idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom