• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Ages vs. Oracle of Seasons

Oracle of Ages, or Oracle of Seasons?

• Ages

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Seasons

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Which do you prefer and why? I like Oracle of Ages quite a bit better, mostly because it has a more memorable world in my opinion, and I generally enjoy puzzles more than fighting/action, and that's what OoA focuses on.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Which do you prefer and why? I like Oracle of Ages quite a bit better, mostly because it has a more memorable world in my opinion, and I generally enjoy puzzles more than fighting/action, and that's what OoA focuses on.

OOA was kinda sucky to be honest, the biggest issue was making a freaking rhythm challenge to even enter a dungeon not to mention the entirety of Rolling Ridge and Tokay island were irritating to hell and back, i wouldn't have minded so much if it weren't for the fact you are back and forthing all the time.

Why Oracle of Ages is better:
Deeper story and villain
Complex dungeons and creative bosses
Has some of the best puzzles in the series
The secondary overworld has more depth

Why Oracle of Seasons is better:
Changing the seasons is a much imaginative mechanic
The pacing is overall better (no lumps or hurdles)
Shield & Sword Dungeon is the best dungeon of the two games
The secondary overworld is more unique and new

I loved both of these games, Oracle of Ages was my favourite of the two though. I got stuck on one of the dungeon puzzles and dreamed how to complete it, played it once I'd woken up and cracked the puzzle; that makes it a very memorable game for me.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I played OoA first so it'll always be my favorite but no the games were so good in their own ways. I liked the feel of OoS better: the rich and diverse color palette, the memorable themes, Subrosia, more focus on piratians...all good things. OoA has Veran, a two-dimensional but interesting and present character to test us. She was much more intriguing than Onox (or Knox, if you don't have an editor to through your game text before you ship it) in my opinion. She was manipulative and clever and her boss fight was memorable and well-crafted. OoA had Tokay Island which, although long and annoying, was still well put together and an interesting take on the Samus Complex (oh no, I've fallen and lost all my stuff!). The underwater antics were imaginative and changed up game play a bit, the dungeons were a great, and Ralph is one of the best ancillary characters in any Zelda game ever, true character development long before Groose. Where the heck is Ralph in Hyrule Warriors???

I played Season first, which may contribute to my liking it better than Ages. I found Jabu Jabu's Belly in Ages one of the most frustratingly difficult dungeons in the entire series.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I like Season better. I played Seasons first and have played it several times where I have only played Ages once. I like the concept of being able to change the seasons, and I like the sidekick animals like Ricky.

There isn't an option for neither. Letting Capcom make a Zelda game was a bad idea then and it still is. Those games were boring even compared to Link's Awakening.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've played ages more than seasons so prefer that one but love both of them especially because the games linked so you could keep playing and discovering new things even after you've beaten one of the games.

The dungeons in OOA alone win for me, especially with inventive bosses.

It's hard though bc they're both great games; I like the fact that no matter what kind of Zelda player you are those two games address it well.

I like Seasons better, probably because (as others have admitted) I played that one first. However, other pluses to that game for me include a more interesting hook (changing seasons) some better items (Roc's cape) and what was to me a better side world (Subrosia vs. Crescent Isle).

That said, on a purely objective level, Ages may actually be a better designed game with a better storyline, better villain, and definitely better dungeon design!

Orace of Seasons is the first Zelda game I ever owned so it's kind of special for me. I've never actually finished Oracle of Ages, I'm ashamed to admit but I really like it. In fact, it's the only one I've never beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom