• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Ages or Seasons?

Im gonna play one of em but im not sure which 1
pls tell me which 1 u like and why, and if u have played both of em the differences between each of em. Thanks

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Get them both if you can. They are completely different games that have a lot of replay value when played together. Depending on which one you play first the story in the second is altered a little bit with a second final boss.

Seasons: You are trying to save the oracle of seasons and set the seasons back to order in the land of Holodrum.

Ages: You are trying to stop a sorceress from taking over and messing up timeline in Labrynna. (The best way I could think to put it.)

The games have some similarities but in essence they are different games.
Ages is arguably better than Seasons, But Seasons' final boss is arguably more Epic.

But my advice is get or play both doing a linked playthrough for the best experience.

Edit: Ages can be more difficult especially the 8th dungeon, It's final boss is easier.
Seasons is easier than Ages, But it has the harder final boss.

Last edited:
The oracle games are pretty high up on my list of Zelda games. I prefer Oracle of Seasons better. The reasons being that especially for a first time player Seasons is a lot easier. It makes a lot more sense changing the seasons then trying to figure out what time period you are suppose to go to. If you want more of a challenge then I would say do Ages first. I have done Ages and Seasons separately I have also used the code from Seasons to start Ages and it does slightly change the story. I would love to try it in the reverse order as well. The next time I get a hold of these game I am going to pay more attention to what happens.

My suggestion again is playing Oracle of Seasons first.

Folks are always saying that Ages is more puzzle-oriented while Seasons is more action-oriented, so it depends on what you're looking for. I've played Ages and beaten it twice and...yes, it IS a lot more difficult than Seasons. I like puzzles though, so yeah, it depends on what you're looking for. Like others have said, I would recommend playing both for the complete experience.

Probably Ages, because it feels more puzzle oriented. But, if you need to decide, imagine this-
Would you rather beat a bunch of enemies to open a door, or push a certain block?
If the first, then you probably want seasons. If the latter, then Ages.
But, both are really good games, and they reference each-other, so I recommend both.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I liked Ages just a little bit more than Seasons. Ages felt like it had a better balance of puzzles and battles while in Seasons you are always fighting. Both have great stories and over-worlds. One complaint I have about Ages over-world was that it took a while to get around the map because you are constantly changing the seasons. It's not really a big deal but it can get frustrating. Whether it was the time-traveling or the fact that I played Seasons when I was younger, Ages was more fun for me.

If you can, try to get both, the games work together quite well and you get extra content fot playing both.

Thanks for all your help u guys, ill prob play ages cause i like a bit of a challenge :P and i will play seasons later for sure, i wanna try finish all the zelda games soon cause i finished most of em xcept these ones and the originals

Go and get both. They are both worth it and the replay value is the same with both of them.

Personally I preferred Ages more. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I happened to play it first, before Seasons. But I liked the overworld and dungeons a lot better in Ages than Seasons. Also, the past/future transition reminded me of A Link to the Past. I do think Seasons has better items though.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I haven't played either one of them yet, but I would imagine they would be essentially the same game. Maybe just different puzzles and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom