• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Opinions On Master Quest

Norisom

Hero of Something...
So recently I was looking around for a copy of Master Quest, I found one for 20 dollars and I was wondering what other people think of this game. I will be buying no matter what since I am a collector but I still just wanna see some opinions.

MrLuigi

Theorist
Feels like a different game. It's a little better in standpoint because dungeon difficulty is slightly changed.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
By all means, go for it. The story and basic skeleton of the game remains intact, it's just made harder. So if you're the king of person who likes a challenge, you'll like this for sure! As for me, I think it is a great idea how they released this for the hardcore gamers.

Norisom

Hero of Something...
Alright now I'm excited. I now really want to order it so I probably will tomorrow, anyways thank you for answering.

I thought it was common knowledge Master Quest was Ura Zelda? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ura_Zelda#Re-releases

Master Quest is a harder, less well designed version of OoT. I recall there are a few puzzles where you have to injure yourself in order to complete them, which to my mind indicates it wasn't playtested as well as all that. I played through a couple of dungeons on it, but I don't believe I've ever completed it. I might just start doing that today.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I thought it was common knowledge Master Quest was Ura Zelda? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ura_Zelda#Re-releases
You are both right and wrong. :)
Nintendo states that Ura Zelda is Master Quest, but only to "shut the fans up". There is actually two Ura Zeldas:
GameCube version - Master Quest - released version, which everyone knows.
64DD version - development version - that's the REAL Ura Zelda.

L

Link305

I love it...is a little more difficult, but still the best game ever (:

I thought was decent rise in difficulty. Just remember when you play it that the dungeons are new. Don't let them deceive you. That was the hardest part for me. I actually thought the Water Temple was easier in Master Quest as far as comparing my first times through in each game. The Spirit Temple however threw me off hard. I got way lost in that.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I have only seen Din playing it, but I have to say that MasterQuest has actually rebirthed the game for Din and I. It's more enjoyable because the dungeons are fresh. I know I really enjoy playing whatever handheld game I have in my hands and looking up once in a while and pointing out things that Din had missed when she first looked around the room.
I can honestly say that it makes me feel like the game has brought us closer together while she plays. I know she's liking it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom