• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT3D: Your Number One Request?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Basically, just asking everyone's opinions on what the number one most desired change between the original adventure Ocarina of Time and the remake coming to 3DS?

I would have to say the background; in the room in the Ice Cavern where you open the chest to claim your Iron Boots. That looks like something which could be epicly amazing if done right, but with the N64 graphics it just looked like a cheap layered effect. Hope they improve the crap out of that.
If nothing else, I also hope they improve the controlls of Epona. I'm sick of her bucking because I hit a 1 foot high fence at an 85 degree angle instead of at 90 degrees....

How about you? What is your most desired change?

Yeah, controlling Epona was kinda weird.
I wish that you'd be able to go straight from first-person view to slingshot/bow/hookshot mode. That was pretty cool in Twilight Princess.
Also if not that, then I hope they make days and nights longer. Or at least add some sort of night-time theme. Maybe. I don't know.
They're remaking Ocarina of Time for a handheld console, what more can I ask for?

EDIT
no wait I thought of one.
Dear Ninty,
Please only have me play Zelda's Lullaby to enter Zora's Domain ONCE.
love
Loachy

Last edited:
B

Bernkastel

My number one request?

I don't want Dead Hands and Redeads grabbing me in 3D. >.<

But I don't now how I feel about it just yet, however now that I think about it having a Light Temple would be nice. But we'll have to wait and see, but so far, I'm pro Nintendo on this. I love what there doing with the Oot 3DS......so far.

Oh, and adjustable camera angles. Sometimes Dead man's volley against Ganondorf can be weird because I have to be just far enough from the wall that the camera doesn't zoom in on the back of Link's head and I can't see the the ball of magic come at me.

Also, change the dialogue of that one carpenter in Gerudo Valley who, after you rescue him says, "You're a cute kid!"
... That's just always bothered me. >.>

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hope they put in some extra features in that game, like some kind of veteran mode as difficulty and monsters are MUCH tougher, bosses only weakness isn't the dungeon item etc.

And the thing that has always bothered me about OoT is the lack of NPC's in some places. I hope that they make some new characters or bring back faces from Majora's mask to make the game feel more alive.

These things are unlikely to happen but one small thing they could change at least is Navi just popping up in random places, hope you could at least turn that off in the menu.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
But I don't now how I feel about it just yet, however now that I think about it having a Light Temple would be nice. But we'll have to wait and see, but so far, I'm pro Nintendo on this. I love what there doing with the Oot 3DS......so far.
Yes, that's one of the things I'd like to see especially in the context of more story consistency and explanation. I don't want them to add totally new stuff (fx new areas outside the borders of N64-OoT-Hyrule with dungeons there), but rather to fill up the "inside" gaps.
Here, a Light Temple, situated in/under/... the Temple of Time/Sacred Realm which you have to beat directly after you've become adult Link would be nice (better than just getting Rauru's medallion handed to you without any effort). They should make it so that you have to beat that temple before you can enter the outside world as an adult.
And I'd also like to see a more fleshed-out, dungeon-sized ice cavern with a real boss so that beating it would result in the unfreezing of the Zoras' Domain and maybe finding out what happened to Jabu-Jabu and the other Zoras. It was the only area besides the town and Ganon's castle which you couldn't "cleanse", so I always felt there was something missing.
So in short: I want the game to be more detailed, not only graphics-wise.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My number one request, and I believe that some of the devoelopers already talked about this, is that they make it easier to switch the iron boots. I think that would help with a lot of beginers trouble there ( I know I had trouble). Also it got really tedious switching the boots fifteen times just to get a key. Another thing I hope they add are little extras that you can find around Hyrule, why you ask, because I have played OoT many times and I don't to play the exact game with updated graphics, I want little extras in the game to make it somewhat a totally new experience. Although if it doesn't have extras it would still be an amazing experience from the looks of it.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The only thing I want is an extra, optional dungeon. Something like the color dungeon in Link's Awakening DX, wich could give you a cool new upgrade.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
The DS's equivalent of the color dungeon (maybe the Light Temple or somewhere else someone else mentioned) would be just awesome! Though I do agree that they should make it optional so as you can still play the original adventure.

They have already announced a touch-screen alternative to pausing to switch boots (and most likely swords and shields too), and Master Quest is confirmed to be in there (unlockable, I think I read, after beating the game). A "turn navi off; except for targeting" option would be great.

The camera angles are going to be fixed almost assuredly, since you have to have two near-parallel angles for the 3D effect, if it's so bad on 64 it would be near unplayable with 3D on.

I agree that they should up the quality of the music, but don't steal from something like ZREO; update the originals or make something completely new, don't take an unoriginal remix of an unoriginal song in the first place.

L

linksadventures

New dungeon (already mentioned) with a new upgrade and i think they should have a harder dark link fight later in the game where dins fire and the hammer dont just pwn him, a fight where u have to actually beat him sword fighting.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Some of these are just nit picking here.

- Fix the order that the medallions are listed so that the Spirit Medallion goes after the Shadow Medallion.
- New box art.
- Skipable cutscenes.
- Faster text (Especially if the cutscenes remain un-skipable).
- Smaller Hyrule field.
- Making Link's fingers move when playing the Ocarina would be nice.
-

Djinn

and Tonic
What I would really want is for all the other unfinished parts of the game that were cut from the final copy due to a lack of cartridge space or development issues. That would be the Wind and Earth temples, the yellow tunic, Unicorn fountain, and all the added dialog and storyline that was deemed unnecessary to the game. Including any other items and enemies that would be a part of those two temples and whatever sages that may or may not be connected to them.

But mostly the added story that the development team had cut from the game after deciding that there was not enough room on the cartridge for it all. With a rerelease that includes added content, I think it might not be too complex a task to add the extra parts of the script that could not make it into the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom