• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-Wii Virtual Console or N64?

7thsage

I was curious if I should get an N64 JUST for OoT and MM or I should save some money and buy them both on the wii virtual console. Are the wii ones good ports? Or I am I better off playing the Nintendo 64 versions?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii ports aren't as good as the original N64 releases in my experience--freezes and graphical glitches as I've seen before--however they are readily accessible and frankly I find them easier to control than the N64 releases. So, save up some money and buy them on the VC! You may experience better time with them than I have!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would say Virtual Console just because the controller is better in my opinion (Wii Classic Controller, that is) but I haven't played those versions so I cannot vouch for their stability.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you own a legitimate copy of a game, you are entitled to run the game on a emulator.

Actually, I'd like to clarify this tidbit up. According to Nintendo,
There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
So, owning a legitimate copy does NOT entitle you to owning that very game in any shape or form. It's only reserved for the creator of said game, i.e. Nintendo. :)

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#helping

I say Virtual Console. Neither OoT nor MM is glitchy (in my experience), and the controls are far easier for me to use (GCN controller). I am also quite lazy, so I would say you should get them on the Virtual Console for convenience reasons as well.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
It all depends if the N64 has better control movements than the Virtual Console. I have OoT in the Virtual Console. If you like how it looks in the N64, get the N64. If you like how it looks in the Virtual Console, buy it for the Virtual Console.

All depends on you, 7thsage. OoT looks great in the N64 and the Virtual Console. The controls are kinda similar to one another, but N64 has a different way to handle than the Virtual Console. Your choice, 7thsage.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
You should already have an N64! Not only for the original OoT with the Arabic Chanting and symbols and real red blood. but also for 007 and Mario party and so much more!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I've played through the entirety of OoT and MM both on the Virtual Console and never experienced any unusual glitches. I actually found more playing OoT 3D than on the Virtual Console. It's perfectly fine. (I've heard the GameCube ports are bad though... XD)

Even so, I'd say that you should get the Nintendo 64. If I had money that I wasn't piling into my Wii U fund, I'd buy the console and games right now. Originals are almost always better, in my opinion. I'd personally prefer to get the full experience.

But Virtual Console versions, like I said, are perfectly fine, so if you would prefer, go for it. Most people seem to suggest it, anyway. ;)

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I personally would get them on the system they originally were one, for two big reasons.
1) it's classic, and that's how it was meant to be originally.
2) controllers. A game should be played (in my opinion) in the same controller setup as it originally came.

Wii VC, you can only use GC and Classic controllers, and they are very different than the good ol' N64 controllers.
The setup would not be the same at all. Button setup on N64 was better. (in my opinion)
At least with Snes, the Classic controller is almost identical to the Snes controllers in terms of button locations.

But that's just what I would do.....
plus, I'd tell you to go get an N64 anyway, because there are so many great games for it, that you should consider as well ;)

well the n64 and virtual console versions are exactly the same so just download it on the VC. truth be told i have both versions...and the 3ds version as well. why you ask, because theres something wrong with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom