• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Oot: Why Link is Stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortinantly, i do not have the power to delete this tread, but i can make sure no one else reads it... I wasnt in the decent mind when i made, this. I had just got done watching a seiries of imature movies, so please forgive me for my stupidity... I didnt realise at the time, until now when i read the negative posts and relized how bad this thread was, that I was stupid. so please, dont post any further comments, and let this sink to the back of the forms so you and I can forget about this ever happening... Also, please do not judge me becouse of this.. I do agree with ALL the feedback left for me, and hope you all forgive me.. people make mistakes.. realy, im not as imature as I was when I posted this, so please relize that..

~Im deeply sorry for my imaturity, Lil'link

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hey, Link is the smartest kid I know. It's a good thing he left, Zelda is a crazy women with cooties... the legends of old clearly state that.

Read into it man.

Well, for starters, I'm not sure if you got the story of Ocarina of Time right...or you somehow managed to misinterpret it. Half of what you mentioned NEVER happens in said game (or in the series, for that matter.) If I'm missing something, by all means, please specify.

In any event, Link's original purpose in the Legend of Zelda series has been to serve as a "link" between you (the player) and the game - sort of like an avatar of sorts. This means his personality is yours (the player's) and you (the player) decides what you want him to be; you see, he reflects your personality. Please don't take this the wrong, but with that being said... (and I'm not trying to be mean) ...Link is only as "stupid" as the player that controls him, so you might want to rethink calling him "stupid."

Just to clarify, I am not implying that you are stupid...just trying to make a point here. :yes:

sorry, i'v only seen the ending once in a video, must not remember correctly...

It's okay... However, I'd recommend you play Ocarina of Time at some point in the future before you judge the ending (er...Link, I mean); it's a great game. :yes:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, Link doesn't have any kind of interest in Zelda like that and vice versa. Link isn't stupid and besides when he does go back in time as a Child again, he wants to be a kid and have fun and not get into anything romantic especially at only 10 years old. (Of course his age is debatable, but you know what I mean)

You said it yourself, he skipped puberty. He was technically the kid Link we encounter at the beginning of the game the whole way through. He was just trapped inside a body much older than he was mentally. Love probably wasn't on the agenda (much less was sex) and that's ignoring the fact that they barely even have any sort of relationship anyway. I'm all for finding flaws with OoT as I think it's a ridiculously overrated game (still great though), but this was weak. Sorry.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Spoiler for the OoT ending.

Officially, Zelda is the one who kicked Link out, so Link didn't choose to leave her behind. She felt that Ganondorf's reign was her fault, and wished that Link would return home where he was supposed to be. I'm not exactly sure what made her say all this, but...it seemed like she was claiming they were incompatible.

I agree with others here that anything having to do with a relationship between Link and Zelda and all that are entirely irrelevant in Ocarina of Time, and I speak in particular of the part of which the OP speaks (the adult Link thing). Details about Link's state of mind and level of mental maturity were never even taken into account (by Nintendo) in that part of the game, let alone the game itself, to begin with; such things might connote personality traits that would clash with the notion that Link is the "link" between you (the player) and the game, thus defeating the purpose. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Ok, first of all, Link and Zelda never actually had anything, they were just friends. Secondly, Zelda is the one who sent Link back in time so he could live out his childhood and also so he could reveal Ganondorf for the greedy, scheming, power-hungry tyrant he really was and thus stop him from ever taking the throne of Hyrule. Thirdly, he was kinda technically 10-12 years old, so I doubt he was thinking about hitting on Zelda. He's not the Link from the cartoon after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom