• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT vs OoT MQ

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I say that Ocarina of Time is the better game. Not just controllers, yet the increasing difficulty you get from most Zelda games just doesn't feel present in Master Quest. You know that Nintendo made it so you play it second. I played it in a hotel room (Ever heard of StarNet? Several hotel chains have it (Starwood (Westin, Sheriton, W, etc.), Holiday Inn, etc.).
I entered the Deku Tree, and I'm like WTF! What is up with the lamps! This place is really difficult to progress with all the annoying objectives that they added there. They are challenging, yet takes away from the whole, transition from easy to hard.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Which version of the game is the best? I recently got a copy of OoT MQ and that makes me happy :) Today I´ve made it to the Fire Temple. This far I would not say that it is much more difficult than the original, But who knows what lies ahead of me!? (and maybe a reason for it not being difficult could be my familiarity with the original version).

What about all the cows in Jabus belly?? ;)

That's exactly why I think the Master Quest was not a good Re-Make (so to speak). Its difficulty relies on veteran players being used to the original layout of the dungeons. So switching things around would have made it more difficult, but it didn't really (for me at least). I got used to it pretty quick. And I'm sure someone who's never played OoT before and starts playing MQ will find it jsut as challenging as we thought OoT was. So basically MQ was a dissapointment to me and OoT remains undefeated lol. They should've at least improved the graphics....like.....leave the original alone, but make MQ with current graphics' standard (at that time of course).

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont own Master Quest but I did try it. It was more like a OoT quest 2 so I have to say that I like the original version better... MQ almost seemed easyer at lots of places.. which.. doesnt make much since at all ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom