• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT vs OoT MQ

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Which version of the game is the best? I recently got a copy of OoT MQ and that makes me happy :) Today I´ve made it to the Fire Temple. This far I would not say that it is much more difficult than the original, But who knows what lies ahead of me!? (and maybe a reason for it not being difficult could be my familiarity with the original version).

What about all the cows in Jabus belly?? ;)

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
It was okay at best. Interesting variation on the original. But since I was able to cut off large portions of several dungeons, they just didn't work as well.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I actually have never played the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Perhaps someday I'll pick it up, but it certainly isn't something I'm overly interested in. With more modern 3d Zelda titles, I think most of the fun is in the story, and just experiencing a game for the first time. In Ocarina of Time, navigating the land for the first time was exciting. Talking to everybody in Kakariko Village or the Market was fun. This original experience, and of course the gameplay and storyline, make Zelda fun to me.

A second quest is a good add on but the original experience, gameplay, and storyline are all known already and there is nothing new the second time around. Since it is just changing around the dungeons and the difficulty, I don't think it is of much importance.

That all being said, I think I'd be able to give a more accurate account of Master Quest once I do eventually play it.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
well i can 't really choose between the 2 versions.
because the only thing that is changed are the dungeon diffculties.
but i got to admit some of the puzzles were quite suprising in MQ. To be honest, i had a little trouble at some dungeons. so yeah MQ was a good add on.

Master Quest had a much kooler looking title...But the only thing I really remember from it, is the cows stuck in the walls of Jabu Jabu's belly that you had to shoot to open doors and such.

It was fun to play, because the whole time I was thinking I was getting to play that Ura Zelda game that was supposed to come out a long time ago. Come to find out, Ura Zelda was supposidly different. Either way, Master Quest made me feel like more of a champion when it comes to Ocarina of Time. Not that it was that difficult, but just sort of a completion thing. I had completed the "master quest" of OoT, and that just made me feel all warm and cozy inside.

The original remains the best though...Shooting cows dosen't make for a better game (most of the time)

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I actually have played a bit of OOT MQ it is different but not my favorite original is always best but it is pretty fun the first dungeon is WAAAYYY different.

Y

Yumil

Master Quest is a fine game, but I still prefer the original. The new dungeons are often harder, but just not as much fun.

In general, I found that any dungeon I consider to be among the easiest (Inside the Great Deku Tree for example) was made more difficult. And dungeons I considered hard (The Water Temple) were complete jokes this time around.

I'm not convinced they did a lot of testing on these either. Some of them are very broken. For example, in Dodongo's Cavern, you can skip most of the dungeon without even trying.

For the most part, I had no difficultly completing the game, however I did get stuck for a very long time when I reached the Spirit Temple. There was one puzzle in particular that involved blocks you can carry around and the Song of Time blocks. You had to stand in a very specific spot and get the blocks moved around. It was frustrating enough that I stopped plaing for a few months.

When I finally finished that, I got stuck again in Ganon's Tower and quit playing. But until you reach the end there is nothing truly all that difficult. And even then it was more just me being a moron than the game actually being hard.

Even so, I do recommend giving it a play through. It is still Ocarina of Time after all, and it's still a fine game.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
The differnce betwen OoT MQ is that MQ is harder than the organil version. But I never could get that far. Right know i'm at Donggo's Cavern. I'm not that far into the game!

As mentioned earlier, only major differences are the cows inside Jabu-Jabu [anybody ever notice Nintendo's cow obsession?] and the fact that the objectives in the dungeons are a little different. As well as their layout.

However, I personally found the original harder, in MQ, I found a few places where you could "cut corners".
But both are great games.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I got MQ for Christmas a couple years ago and I played it for a couple weeks straight. I had to find all the heart containers and stuff, plus beat the game, which I did beat it, but I never found all the heart containers. I found all of them in the original once, but I didn't remember where almost any of them were except for the ones just off the trail.
In Master Quest, the hardest part for me was in the Spirit Temple where you have to move the song of time blocks properly. It's one of those things where it was pretty simple, but I kept trying to think of it from a very complex angle, so that puzzle was, I suppose, too dumb for me. Other than that, I had a relatively simple time with the rest of them, though it was completely awesome replaying my favorite game only entirely different. I loved re-seeing the sights and I loved solving the new puzzles. Just feckin' great.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Personally, I have never played MQ and I don't think I ever will.

I say this because I had a hard time with Oot, having the MQ copy would just make it alot harder. The MQ is supposed to be harder than the original. There are diffrences in the dungeons and placement of enemies, though it does have an effect on the game.

That is what I think of Oot MQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom