• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT Bosses Too Easy?

On my first playthrough, I only had trouble with Phantom Ganon and Barinade. I did die once or twice on other bosses, but other than that, they weren't super difficult.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I think they just haven't found the right way to make 3D bosses a bit more challenging.

This is exactly how I feel. With the Z-targetting it's too easy, but if they take that away it would probably be too hard to aim. In the 2D games you only had to worry about lining up your bow with the enemy, but aiming in three dimensions is something else entirely.

In addition, it seems a lot easier to dodge attacks in three dimensions than it is in two, as there is usually more room to run. And in the 2D games it seemed that you were constantly getting bombarded by projectiles from all directions, in 3D that would probably be too difficult, as you can only look in one direction. like you said, I don't think they've found a way to balance out the difficulty in 3D games yet. Hopefully SS will change that.

As for the topic, the only bosses that gave me trouble on my first run were Barinade and Volvagia, probably because of Barinade's attacks being hard to dodge, and the amount of hearts Volvagia's attacks deplete. I almost died fighting Barinade and died once at Volvagia. In general, I thought the OoT bosses were a lot harder than the bosses in the other 3D games (not counting MM). That's not saying much, but it is at least a little bit better.

its probably just your skill and familiarity with the zelda combat system. i just had my girlfriend play through ocarnia of time with me cuz she never played a zelda game before and she is pretty good at a lot of other games but she died numerous times on bosses even with 3 bottles of fairies each time. so yeh experience definitely plays a big part in what you would call difficulty. i think they are far too easy now because ive beaten the game like what?.. 7 times now? they are just all too easy for me now and predictable.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It's a combo of two things: when you don't know them they're hard, and the one people don't think of is that N64 was still new when OoT was released, so people still had a hard time playing games in a 3D world, and therefore probably had a hard time maneuvering and whatnot.

Ikana

Trollkastel
For my first playthrough of the bosses which was many years ago I had some trouble with them.But it all depends with your Level of Gaming some people found them hard on their first playthrough while others found them easy to beat on their first playthrough of the game.Since I played the game a few times the bosses are way too easy not even bongo bongo is hard to me anymore.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought the level of difficulty for the bosses in OoT was pretty decent. The first three bosses were a joke, but then Phantom Ganon is pretty hard compared to what you had before. Bongo-bongo and Twinrova were also a bit challenging for me.

Q

quick12

Ocarina of Time was my first 3D Zelda game - and I played it for the first time only a few months ago, and I didn't find the bosses too hard. I died one on Bongo Bongo and never on another boss. It did take me forever to beat Ganon because I kept hitting him in the tail with the longshot instead of the Master Sword.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I was around 9-10 years old when I played OoT for the first time. And it was easy. I don't think I started dying until I got to Ganondorf(Ran out of magic) >.>

The thing is, we only use the weapons that we got in the Temple/dungeon to defeat them. That piece of knowledge right there shaves off a good potential 10 minutes.

I think it's really lame that we already know what to use before we even get to the boss....But it's not only that. The difficulty for most of the bosses are complete jokes. Seriously look at Twinrova(Skip to 1:12):

Lets break this down: Two witches + one controls fire + one controls ice+ Mirrior Shield that we got in THAT temple which REFLECTS stuff = hard fight? ....Far from. Ok, not only do we know that we have to use their own magic against them because the owl told us, but this whole Fire & Ice scenario made it WAY TOO OBVIOUS even if the owl didn't tell us. You can tell what the bosses weaknesses are depending on their attack speed. And Twinrova waiting 700 years to attack once really makes this fight a joke since the Spirit Temple is near the end of the game.

Take a look at this one, now this one is the winner for OoT....:

I don't think I need to say anything. Morpha is a lame, weak joke. Morpha doesn't even use all of the water that's there.....at it's best it only has two arms trying to grab you. Not to mention it's lack of attacks unless you call that an attack lol.

Out of the game, I think volvagia is the hardest, and even that is not saying very much.

But you know, only Ocarina of Time can pull off being the #1 Game of all time with sucky bosses and I still think that it's worthy of that title :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I was 7 when I got this for Christmas. Figuring out how to kill the bosses was easy for me at that young age but actually killing them is a different story again I'm 7 years old. When I replayed after it two years to beat I found everything really easy and have ever since.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Not too long ago did I finish a runthrough of OoT. It had been a while since the last one, and I had a decent bit of trouble with Volvagia and Morpha. After dying a few times, I actually asked myself, "Is Volvagia tougher than Barba?" hehe. There was a time when I too could get through OoT without a single death, but I had like seven deaths (all, save one, from boss battles) at the end.

Some of these bosses do impressive damage, as much as their 2D predecessors did. I think the nature of three dimensions makes the game a little easier. That, and the fact that OoT gives you a good deal of room to evade attacks. Also, if you play OoT and games like it often, you will get very good. :)

Last edited:

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
You probably find them easy because you've played the game so many times that you can beat it in your sleep. On my first runthrough of this game, I found the boss fights to be pretty difficult, and I died on Bongo Bongo, Ganondorf and even Phantom Ganon. Now I find the boss fights ridiculously easy after playing it through so many times, although I do have to have a fairy revival on occasion for some bosses (Phantom Ganon and Bongo Bongo, mostly).

I think is hafl about skill, is not like Oot bosses are too easy or too hard

Some time ago I did a 3 hearts challenge, no potions, fairyes, etc, no Nayru s love, and not heart protection, and I had not big problems, I just "cheat" for ganon, is not the hardest boss to me, but in this challenge it was a one hit-ko, I cheat because everytime you die with ganon, you have to restart when the tower starts falling =\, so annoying/boring to get down of the tower, fighting the stalfos, and look at the cutscene every time I died, how I cheat?, well I used nayrus love and kicked ganon a*s xD

K

KokiriShroom

I'm nearly done with my OoT 100% run and have had no deaths, (Not even a fairy revival! Just jinxed it!:() and have noticed that the bosses seem to be pretty easy. Is it b/c i have nearly a complete heart collection, my skill, or that the bosses are too easy?

The only bosses that I really struggled with were Phantom Ganon, Volvagia, Twinrova (it was hard for me to direct their attacks back at them, because my cube controllers messed up) and final Ganon (I was running out of magic because I'd miss a shot or two). Bongo Bongo, supposedly a very hard boss, was pitifully easy. Probably because I have very good timing, but anyways. Most OoT bosses were easy. And Majora's Mask bosses, for that matter! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom