• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT Bosses Too Easy?

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I'm nearly done with my OoT 100% run and have had no deaths, (Not even a fairy revival! Just jinxed it!:() and have noticed that the bosses seem to be pretty easy. Is it b/c i have nearly a complete heart collection, my skill, or that the bosses are too easy?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Probley your skill. When I was like.. Seven I found this difficult. Now it's easy. But back when it first came out people had no idea what they were doing so it seemed Challaging maybe.

the bosses aren't too easy. i think it's a combination of your skill, the fact that you've beaten all of them before and know their attacks, and the many hearts you have. my fist time through i had to use at least one fairy on volvagia, bongo bongo,phantom ganon, and i actually game overed twice on ganondorf. but to be fair, i didn't have double defense.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
With the bosses in OoT it's all a matter of learning their pattern and how to counter them. If you have that planted in your head then they're a breeze. As VembersWind said, when you're unfamiliar with them they do present a challenge (Bongo Bongo was the proverbial thorn in my side on my first playthrough OMG did I celebrate when I finally beat him lol). But once you know what each boss's MO is, it's just a matter of executing your strategy against them and it's like taking candy from a baby. I recently did a 3 heart run and the only times I died were due to me being careless and over-creative, and that was on Bongo-Bongo & Ganon.

Kybyrian

It's a combination of skill and the factors that you put at work against the boss. If you have plenty of hearts, it's definitely harder for a boss to beat you, especially if you have a good amount of skill. It's not hard to get through the Zelda games without dying if you're good and collect plenty of hearts.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
The bosses are by now means "easy" if it is one of your first few times through the game. There are a lot of mechanics which make the fights challenging especially if you do not know what to expect. As your heart total increases however, it is pretty simply to become virtually unkillable. Generally I think the bosses are not too easy, unless of course you have been playing the game since release. I do find all the bosses fun no matter how many times I do them however!

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Although I never got far enough into the game to get to Twinrova or Ganondorf, I'd say that for the most part, they were fairly easy, but so are most Zelda bosses. The only one I really had trouble on was Bongo Bongo. MM's bosses were easy (except Gyorg IMO) and WW's and TP's were easy for me as well. Actually for some reason I found the DS titles' bosses to be a bit trickier for me which is strange since I find PH and ST much easier. They were hard for me to figure out and I died a few times on them! I guess it all depends on what kind of bosses you're good at.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
The OoT bosses are ridiculously easy unless its your first run through T.T

On my three heart challenge I got 0 deaths and that was my second run-through so, yeah.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
The first 3 boses were incredibly easy. I thought Phantom Ganon and Volvagia were the hardest bosses in the game because I didn't have Biggoron's Sword yet. But once I got Biggoron's Sword, the other bosses were a piece of cake.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Overall I'd also say that the bosses were too easy, like in all other 3D installments, I think they just haven't found the right way to make 3D bosses a bit more challenging. If you take away Z targeting, then things will be too hard, with it it's too easy, that's a problem they didn't have to deal with in the 2D era. Hopefully, with the Wii Motion Plus it will be a bit harder.
And I also don't think that it depends that much on age. Granted, I was 20 on my first OoT playthrough and found the bosses quite easy, but I was 7 when I played aLttP for the first time and even now after many playthroughs it hasn't become that much easier, for example sometimes I still fall down a floor against Moldorm several times per fight.
And I also don't like the difficulty development as you progress in the game in OoT. Compared to other bosses in the game (adult part), Phantom Ganon was probably the hardest one (1), Volvagia wasn't too easy either (2), but then Morpha (5) - a total pushover! Bongo Bongo (3) was a bit tougher again and Twinrova (4) - very easy again. The fact that your heart bar usually grows during that progression adds to that strange development. And I didn't like how Ganon was much easier in beast form (roll/slash, roll/slash, ...) than he was in the first battle, especially if you suck at timing and quick aiming like I do.

When I first played through the game I was 5 or 6 and I found them pretty challenging. Then again I was 5 or 6. If I just started the game for the first time today i still don't think I would find them that challenging. I think I would have the most trouble with Phantom Ganon though because I'm bad at timing my swings and that ball of lght goes pretty fast. The rest of the bosses were just a matter of finding out when they were vulnerable.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
My first playthrough was when I was 12. And I also had trouble with Phantom Ganon. My sword timing was too slow, and I frequently died. The other boss I always had trouble with was Bongo Bongo. The hands would always kill me. King Dodongo was just too easy for me. You just had to stand out of the way of his rolling. Most of the bosses were average for me.

The thing is about the bosses, is that they all have little ways to kill them, like solving puzzles. It's not just walk up and hack n' slash, block, dodge, repeat. When you first fight them, and you haven't heard anything about them (like when the game first comes out) it's really challenging because a huge part of the battles is figuring out how to fight them. But the game's been out for over a decade now, and it's easy to find ways to fight them without even really trying to. I remember before I got OoT a couple months ago, I spent some time looking up cool videos for the game, and inadvertently found ways to defeat Morpha, Bongo Bongo, and Twinrova. The difficulty of the Bosses in terms of skillful swordplay, aiming, etc., aren't as high because of this. Except for Ganondorf. He's just evil.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I wouldn't say that they are easy, but I wouldn't say that they are hard either. Then again, it depends on your level of gaming as well. For example, you may think that the bosses in OoT are very easy, whereas someone else may totally disagree and may say that they are impossible sometimes. If you've been playing video games for a while, then you are a higher chance of thinking something to be easier than it may be to someone who has had little game-play experience. I personally thought, the first time that I played the game, that the bosses were a little difficult. Now though, I find them pretty simple and very easy to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom