• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Best Game ever?

P

Punchout

I have seen many people rate this game the best even though i havent played that many games i can say that it is up there but certanly not best. Final Fantasy ( the original ) was one of the best ever and it never makes the list. Also hint my name i love mike tysons punhout wich is easily the best boxing game and it never gets recognition. Every body say what you think is the best and back it up. It serves no purpose to say OOT OOT OOT OMG ITS THE BEST EVER and then stop typing.

This doesnt belong in the Zelda thread if you dont want people saying OoT is the best or if you want people to say what do you think is the best game. Im sure there is already a topic just like this in the general gaming forum, go there.

no, OOT is good and has the best dungeon/area ever (spirit temple/gerudo valley) but the difficulty is too low and I have to take off marks for the water temple, that one was incredibly boring and went on forever. The boss while innovative was bland. The Ganon fight at the end was also too easy, he moves like a zombie. I love the music though and this game is one of my favs but not the best one in my opinion, there is still plenty of room for improvement in it.

My Fav. is A Link to The Past. It gets everything right and I love the ability to alter the difficulty to suit the player. The Ganon fight was also legendary.

Kybyrian

Yeah, how can you alternate the difficulty of the game? Oh wait, I know the answer, you can't. It's impossible to alter the difficulty of the game unless you like purposely don't collect hearts or something like that. Which you can do in any game.

P

Punchout

Nice way to put it but yea. Anway i got tired of both LttP and OoT and Im gonna try phantom hourglass. Ive heard it has quickly become one of the better zeldas.

no, OOT is good and has the best dungeon/area ever (spirit temple/gerudo valley) but the difficulty is too low and I have to take off marks for the water temple, that one was incredibly boring and went on forever. The boss while innovative was bland. The Ganon fight at the end was also too easy, he moves like a zombie. I love the music though and this game is one of my favs but not the best one in my opinion, there is still plenty of room for improvement in it.
You say that because you're still fapping about how awesome and hawt TP was, huh?

It gets everything right and I love the ability to alter the difficulty to suit the player. The Ganon fight was also legendary.
What?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The only explanation I can put on altering difficulty is that as a player, you have certain options to make the game harder for yourself. (Don't upgrade the sword, don't upgrade your tunic, don't get any heart pieces, the 3 heart challenge, don't use any bottles, etc...) Although I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

I don't think its fair to almost ever consider a game to be the best above all else. Instead I like to bunch games in tiers, and Ocarina of Time is in the top tier. I would say that it is clearly one of the best games ever made for the Nintendo 64.

I'm just not about to start comparing it to Link to the Past, Super Mario 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Half-Life 2, Chrono Trigger, etc... Games that are completely different genres and in some cases came out 10 years before hand or 10 years later. It's only fair to compare it to the games of its time and specifically of its console and genre. In that sense, I think of its genre, it is my favorite and thus (I suppose) the best game for the N64. Although I'm sure there would be plenty that would argue Super Mario 64, Conker, Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie, etc... Heck many fans here have even said that they prefer Majora's Mask in other threads.

In that case you can alter the difficulty in any Zelda game. Maybe that is what he meant though.

Ocarina of Time was as close to perfect as any game I've played. There isn't much that could have been added to the game to make it better at that time. It still is better than most games made today.

Majora's Mask was really good too. I hated it when I first played it cause at the first, you really dont know what to do, or at least I didn't at the time. But, once you get into the game, Majora's Mask is up there with Ocarina, just because of its depth. It's a weird game too. The parallel world is fun to explore.

I do believe, however, that Twilight Princess had the ability to be better than Ocarina. Two big things that threw me off about Twilight was the map, and the cutscenes. There was too much movie stuff involved with twilight i thought. And the map is hard to remember. In Ocarina, the entire map layout was simple, and I half the time knew where I was going when I went there. In Twilight, I just find myself teleporting most of the time to wherever I wanna go.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
While OoT is not my favorite game ever, or even my favorite on the N64, is my favorite Zelda game.
I have to agree with what dark_link01 said about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom